• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

TrM

TrM

Associate
It's a bit late with the AB patch isn't it? Even the Prime Pro line was update before the CH6? I thought the CH series was premium.

the ch series is but there first am4 generation Mobo are not:) don’t forget even mobiles cut off updates at 2 years for most of them. A 3year old Mobo is not a prio:) they want to sell there newer boards to make money:)

Soldato
Anyone know why my SSD is not showing up on boot devices? Can't do anything but go to BIOS. It is listed as being connected in SATA devices but that's it.

After trying to update BIOS from internet which didn't work, now it shows this in boot devices

IMG_20190815_182706_1.md.jpg

Changing options and rebooting usually means it won't even go to BIOS then i have to reset it on the board.

Caporegime
Anyone know why my SSD is not showing up on boot devices? Can't do anything but go to BIOS. It is listed as being connected in SATA devices but that's it.

After trying to update BIOS from internet which didn't work, now it shows this in boot devices

IMG_20190815_182706_1.md.jpg

Changing options and rebooting usually means it won't even go to BIOS then i have to reset it on the board.

Whats in Boot Configuration?

Different board but i have two boot priority options in my BIOS.

Boot Option and Hard Drive BBS Priorities.

It seems to be that if i have more than one HDD, which i do, i have to set the boot drive in Hard Drive BBS Priorities as the primary drive, if i don't i can't chose that drive in Boot Options.

Gee

Gee

Soldato

Put the latest official bios on a USB and use flashback to reflash it.

Soldato
Whats in Boot Configuration?

Different board but i have two boot priority options in my BIOS.

Boot Option and Hard Drive BBS Priorities.

It seems to be that if i have more than one HDD, which i do, i have to set the boot drive in Hard Drive BBS Priorities as the primary drive, if i don't i can't chose that drive in Boot Options.
Boot configuration just shows options like fast boot and boot logo display.

Put the latest official bios on a USB and use flashback to reflash it.
Not much good to me after i just took apart all my other stuff.. Doh, looks like i might have to do that though.

Associate
Bitten the bullet and installed new bios 5204, ram worked with dram calculator V1 settings on 3600, no bs of step restarting to "train" ram; got ram setting in 2 places now :o , well atleast pbo, xfr is more clear now.

Man of Honour
the ch series is but there first am4 generation Mobo are not:) don’t forget even mobiles cut off updates at 2 years for most of them. A 3year old Mobo is not a prio:) they want to sell there newer boards to make money:)

The B350-F Strix had the ab BIOS before any other board on their list, so I don'k that's true for every vendor

Soldato
I think I've decided to hang on a little longer and see if the prices drop for the Asus Strix-E or Hero 8 a little. I'll probably fit a 3700X or a 3800X for now and then see what the next release brings.
Be as well up my budget if I don't upgrade very often.:D

Soldato
Well at least the BIOS detected my USB stick with micro sd card in it..
IMG-20190815-221529-1.jpg

Still won't find an SSD for booting though, and internet BIOS update just says server connection failed. Going to try update the BIOS tomorrow through USB, i tried to do it through my phone but it's not found as a device.

This board would be useless if it didn't detect the USB for updates.

Soldato

Still won't find an SSD for booting though, and internet BIOS update just says server connection failed. Going to try update the BIOS tomorrow through USB, i tried to do it through my phone but it's not found as a device.

Is the SSD working in other systems?

Permabanned

Mistake nr 1 was trying to update bios from internet not usb. But I'w done it once years ago and totally bricked a board so learned HARDER way. I was like ooo cool internet bios update wounder ihow good it is... Guess what I think about this option now :D

Back
Top Bottom