No Man's Sky - Procedural space game

Associate
You need a faster graphics card if you want a smooth experience RTX2080/GTX1080 Ti or better imo.

Went from GTX1080 to RTX2080 Ti and game now flys

Clearly you're oblivious to the fact that people are experiencing abysmal performance irrespective of hardware. It's not an isolated issue either:

UploadVR: No Man’s Sky VR Suffers Major Performance Problems On PC - with statement from Hello Games' Sean Murray

UNPLAYABLE IN VR - This is worse than the Fallout 4 VR launch.

Also, please kindly post your frame timing graph, which will give a clear indication if you're experiencing reprojection, throttling etc.

Permabanned
Clearly you're oblivious to the fact that people are experiencing abysmal performance irrespective of hardware. It's not an isolated issue either:

UploadVR: No Man’s Sky VR Suffers Major Performance Problems On PC - with statement from Hello Games' Sean Murray

UNPLAYABLE IN VR - This is worse than the Fallout 4 VR launch.

Also, please kindly post your frame timing graph, which will give a clear indication if you're experiencing reprojection, throttling etc.

No interest in VR anymore so can't connect on that.

Seemed fine to me for the hour or so I played yesterday, used to get lots of slowdown on my GTX1080 especially around large bases.

I'll play around with it later to confirm but most of the time it was 100+ FPS and fairly stable.

Permabanned
The base building is so glitchy now, trying to make a multi layered room but for some unknown reason the flooring wont attach to certain blocks so I have huge room with loads of random gaps everywhere between floors..... I never had this issue before.. :mad:

I give up, I'll wait until the next update.

Soldato
Its amazing how far this has come since release. The VR is great, very immersive, very smooth. Nice for a little play now and then I think, however, I dont think i could play a whole play through with it though, its a nice feature but I just couldnt see myself investing that sort of time into something like this with a VR headset on for the whole thing. Thats probably just me though, I feel the same for the likes of Skyrim VR and Fallout VR. VR is quite intensive experience and I dont tend to spend any more than maybe an hour in one go unless I'm seated playing a race sim. Thats not to take anything away from this though, I'm impressed but VR in a game like this just aint for me.

Associate
Booted this up again on the weekend to see what's been changed with the latest update.
So far, about 3 hours in, I feel like the experience isn't all that much different... I saw a little bit of text chat between two people whilst travelling between a couple of planets, but then I got to the new Nexus lobby and it didn't seem like anyone was really interested in communicating with each other.

Going to try out the VR next time as I didn't want to have to get used to that whilst also scrambling around at the start to survive a toxic atmosphere.

Associate
That was probably my main concern with doing the VR right from the start, I felt like it'd be a total pain to spend time learning to deal with new controls on a Permadeath game when you're on a tight deadline to survive. Now I'm at the Nexus and have a small base, I'm more happy to try out the VR without having to panic about rushing to maintain my hazmat and air supply every few minutes.

Soldato
VR is pretty cool, not sure its my sort of game and the flight controls are HORRIBLE using touch control and the virtual stick.

The no flight stuff is really well laid out control wise but it is running a little janky sometimes (1080 non ti powering a rift s).

Not a game I will play a huge amount but if i can chill on a mountain side smashing rocks and taking in the few then cool.

Soldato
I bought this the moment VR was confirmed, i will never play it not in vr and i have to say the on foot ui i quite like.
not convinced about the flight controls, i like what they are trying to do, but i think optional stick support needs to be added as well.

Whilst it is not a game i will play for 1000s of hrs like Elite Dangerous, it is one i am more than happy to add to the collection and dip in and out of, and am fine giving over my 17 golden pounds for it. The game was rightfully slammed at launch but the lads and lasses done well and should be very proud imo of what they have achieved in the 3 years since launch.
I will definitely look at future HG titles with a view to buying (but wont be preordering ;) )

That said................... (paste from my post on another forum)

just a heads up esp if you are on hardcore mode and are not interested in PvP.. even more so if you have a presence on steam...... go into your settings and disable player damage and dont allow anyone who is not a friend to modify your bases etc.

there are a bunch of berks flying around who have god modded their gear and they are then doing what those types do and player killing or doing what ever it takes to be a berk.... even going to far as to forcibly fill players inventories full of junk.

luckily the game does have settings to stop this kind of things but they are off by default.
of course if you are a fan of "emergent gameplay" then you need not do anything but just be aware of it.

Simply ♥♥♥♥ THIS GAME! :: No Man's Sky General Discussion

Associate
So if you play this in VR, could you just use a Xbox controller and do away with those magic wands?
VR is tempting me, but of the videos I have watched, the wands just seem to much of a kerfuffle, can you throw the headset on and just use it as a screen and chill with an Xbox controller?

Soldato
i cant comment about the pad specifically in NMS sorry. *most* games (everyone i can think of) which have dual vr and flat screen support will allow you to use flat screen controls IF you choose.

but that said... the wands are only a vive thing (I hate them too) if you get an oculus rift you will get touch controllers - these are fantastic and i think you will find work really well in NMS

if you get an index that has arguably better controls yet. Dont judge vr controls by the vive wands they are imo the worst motion controllers out of all the PCVR motion controllers.

There is a bug right now with altering the controls but i believe that is recognised and is being worked on

Soldato
VR is tempting me, but of the videos I have watched, the wands just seem to much of a kerfuffle,

To be frank, using the index controls strapped to my hands is a whole lot more relaxing than holding my Xbox1 controller. This isn't beatsaber, you can sit back and chill and barely raise your hands.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm interested in the exploring aspect of the game and was wondering if anyone could please tell me how many hours gameplay they reckon it would be before they've seen all the unique looking landscapes and creatures?

Cheers,

Associate
Does anyone play it on pc with a xbox controller and get drift from the left stick in the menus. When I open a menu the cursor suddenly starts drifting across to the right of the screen even though there is no pressure on it.

I thought it was a dodgy controller so I got a new one but having the same issue.

Back
Top Bottom