The Tesla Thread

Soldato
Also my Energy Saving Trust Transport loan has been approved (£35k over 6 years interest free!)

So all guns blazing - just need the car now!

Associate
Also my Energy Saving Trust Transport loan has been approved (£35k over 6 years interest free!)

Is this just for businesses or can individuals apply for it?

All it says is

"
Thinking about purchasing an electric car or van? The interest-free Electric Vehicle Loan, funded by Transport Scotland (an agency of the Scottish Government), currently offers drivers in Scotland loans of:

• up to £35,000 to cover the cost of purchasing a new pure electric / plug-in hybrid vehicle
  • up to £10,000 to cover the cost of purchasing a new electric motorcycle or scooter
The loan has a repayment term of up to six years. The purchased electric vehicle, motorcycle or scooter should be the only plug-in vehicle owned by the applicant and must be eligible for the 'plug-in car, motorcycle and van grants' funded by the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) or listed as a category 2 or 3 car (except plug-in hybrid electric vehicles with a list price of over £60,000 which are not eligible for the loan). Second hand vehicles are not eligible, with the exception of ex-demonstrator vehicles that are less than 12 months old and have less than 6,000 miles on the odometer.

With the exception of an initial deposit, applicants must not have made any other payment towards the purchase of the vehicle before receiving a loan offer under this programme as funding is not provided retrospectively.

For more information about electric cars, to request an application form or to learn more about the full terms and conditions please call your local Home Energy Scotland advice centre free on 0808 808 2282.

Terms and conditions apply and if you are successful with your application you must keep up with loan repayments. Failure to do so will result in additional steps being taken to recover funds. Full details will be supplied in your loan agreement."

Soldato

Well you could get a quote from Evchargers.co.uk and it'll probably still come in around the £400 mark. Just speculating but your quote seems like they upped the total so they benefit from the grants and you still end up around the £400 mark.

Soldato
Anyone can apply for it that lives in Scotland.

I've applied via my Ltd company, not personally. But either work. You need to get an Energy saving report done for the company route to show that you are saving CO2 etc - got that from my local Energy Trust office via email. Simple 5 minute job.

So long as you've been in business for 12 months, no CCJ's etc - it's pretty much a done deal. No financials requested etc

impressive. works out to be £486.11 per month over the 72 months, would just need to pay the remaining £1490 yourself as a deposit i guess

yeah loan docs through today - just sign and send back.

Associate
I've applied via my Ltd company, not personally. But either work. You need to get an Energy saving report done for the company route to show that you are saving CO2 etc - got that from my local Energy Trust office via email. Simple 5 minute job.

So long as you've been in business for 12 months, no CCJ's etc - it's pretty much a done deal. No financials requested etc

yeah loan docs through today - just sign and send back.

How much does it effectively work out to be with the vat savings? IIRC can only claim 10% back for a car rather than the 20%

Soldato
How much does it effectively work out to be with the vat savings? IIRC can only claim 10% back for a car rather than the 20%

I'm not vat registered so makes no difference to me.

However 100% of the list price of the car can be written off in the 1st year for the company

Soldato
useful to know thanks :)

I saw this afternoon on FB that someone had ordered the 32A lead from West Drayton dealer

Yeah apparently they are not expensive either, so ill be grabbing one. That has you covered for camping with electric hookups too if you are into such things. They are often commando sockets.

Soldato
I do think they are bumping the price up knowing that I "only have the pay" £447 in the end.

No way it's a £1200 job over all. But hey ho

Yeah i wouldn't be surprised. It took the sparky almost a full day to sort mine to be fair, but who knows how much of that is the difficulty of the job, or lack of experience. At least its in and working now in advance of the car's arrival.

Soldato
Yeah i wouldn't be surprised. It took the sparky almost a full day to sort mine to be fair, but who knows how much of that is the difficulty of the job, or lack of experience. At least its in and working now in advance of the car's arrival.

good stuff- sub contractor was here this morning and fitted a Mains isolation switch ahead of the full charger fitting on 20th Sept. To be fair, he was here 30 mins, two bits of wiring, one switch, 1 cup of tea and he was away again.

Soldato
Half a day for my additional mains isolation box + 100A fuse, mounting and running cable to a Rolec unit. £75.00 for that in addition to the £195.00 for the Rolec (pre-smart). So very reasonable really.

I just drove my M3 after a few days and noticed it took almost 30 mins for the regen pips to recede completely and consumption was a lot higher as a result initially. Over 300 wh/mile. I remember my i3 with a much smaller battery at worst would take 10 mins to warm up but the pre-condition feature based on departure time usually negated that. I'd definitely advise leaving your charging to as close to departure as poss especially in winter.

Back
Top Bottom