Games you mastered.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Unreal Tournament, got my first pc not long after it came out & i spent an idiotic amount of time playing it, CTF hall of giants brings back such happy memories.

Soldato
I was godlike at Chivalry.

That's the only game I think I can say I was objectively good at. Everything else I'm generally just okay at. I got pretty good at Battlefleet Gothic Armada as well (beat a big youtuber of the game) and stuck a couple hundred hours in, but I regularly got my ass handed to me by better players.

Generally I like slower paced games these days where experience and strategy count more than reaction times as I can't compete there anymore.

Caporegime
Goldeneye - used to charge people to unlock the invincible cheat on Facility at school :D, and Monkey Ball on the GC which I believe at some point me/some friends had some supposed top 10 world record scores.

Caporegime
Time Crisis, I remember going into arcades and getting number 1s in the time trials because I must've played that religiously for months. Great game, would love to get an original arcade of it!!

Seeing Goldeneye above I did get 007 status on that game which was a massive PITA, don't know if that means I mastered it mind :p

Edit: Wow, £3750! https://www.gamesroomcompany.com/time-crisis-arcade-machine

Soldato
Games I've mastered are probably Mario Kart (SNES), Quake 2 / 4 on (PC). Also mastered Doom 3 multiplayer to a high level for the time it was out. For WoW, I played in two top EU guilds and was pretty self indulged in all of that at the time.

Associate
Delta Force 2 on the pc. Hitting shots on other players with the .50 compensating for bullet drop, wind direction and what direction they were going in. Luck, skill and judgement all needed but I got bloomin good at hitting shots upwards of 1250 metres in game. I always rememeber, it used to be me and a dutch guy called Warrior in game. We'd often be on opposite sides and would have these epic Enemy At The Gates style battles over hilltops and mountains.

Soldato
Counter-Strike. Started playing at beta 7 and in the 1.3 days up to Source I ran a clan and was very good. I put thousands of hours into it. I played Source for fun, but my abilities ebbed with reduced hours.

Tried Global Offensive when I got into gaming. I was God awful, and so was the experience; full of cheaters, no servers to play on with your mates, matches involving a bunch of angry Russians and people who I couldn’t communicate with.

Counter-Strike was probably the most fun I’ve ever had gaming. Awesome servers full of familiar names / voices, friendly clans having tournaments just for the fun of it, non stop laughs and competitive gaming.

I’ve buikt up a bit of an R6 siege group, gives me little nostalgia feels. I’m bloody awful at it though :D

Soldato
Time Crisis, I remember going into arcades and getting number 1s in the time trials because I must've played that religiously for months. Great game, would love to get an original arcade of it!!

Seeing Goldeneye above I did get 007 status on that game which was a massive PITA, don't know if that means I mastered it mind :p

Edit: Wow, £3750! https://www.gamesroomcompany.com/time-crisis-arcade-machine

MDF, CRT TV, Emulator, buttons, light gun and your time. Would make an excellent addition to the Project Logs ;)

Associate
Match Day on the Spectrum - won every time
Jetpac - could go round and round as long as I liked on the Spectrum
Star Wars - could go round and round as long as I liked on the Spectrum
Pyjamarama - finished it without any help on the Spectrum

Back
Top Bottom