1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Games you mastered.

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by DEL 707, Sep 1, 2019.

1. McBain

Capodecina

Haha no chance, it'd be a disaster :p

2. Sayso

Mobster

PES5 on the PS2 used to play with friends be hammering them first half swap controllers and make a come back 2nd half....all while drinking everytime the commentator said "upping the ante" or scoring, fun times.

3. BeelzebubUK

Wise Guy

Star Paws on the Commodore 64 - I had my score printed in the ZZAP64 magazine so beat that peasants :D

4. new boy

Mobster

My answer to the question would honestly have to be none, as my knowledge of the games I love is no doubt completely eclipsed by the real expects such as the speedrunners / dataminers

However...

Final fantasy X - I know most things about that game. Have completed it to 100% several times and know most of what their is to know mechanically. I'm going to stick my neck out and say its my favorite game of all time which is probably an unpopular opinion even among final fantasy fans.

Rocket league - Obviously not mastered as I only got to diamond, but I honestly felt like I was becoming "at one with" the game mechanics after a while. I think its a really special game that has no skill ceiling (and again, I'm aware I was way way away from the level of pros)

pokemon red / blue - I really enjoy watching / doing runs of this game. Its the first game that really sucked my in during my childhood in primary school. All my thoughts were just consumed by it. As an adult, I've revisited it and enjoy doing no exp randomiser runs etc. Its a very simple game so easy to learn, but I feel like I know a ridiculous amount of the encounter rates in certain areas etc...

Counter strike 1.6 - I spent a ton of time on this during my early teenage years. I sucked at the FPS part, but LOVED LOVED LOVED the surfing / bunny hopping part! Unfortunately steam didn't track playtime back then, but I'm sure I spent well over 1,000 hours surfing / bunnyhopping lol. I tried it again recently(ish) and its like riding a bike" you never forget!

5. Davey_Pitch

Man of Honour

Ninja Gaiden on Xbox, and Dark Souls on PC. With Ninja Gaiden, on the downloadable Hurricane Pack, I was at one point in the top 250 in the world, and probably could have pushed even higher. With Dark Souls, I completed every achievement and ran several challenge runs, including low level stuff, and stupid challenges like trying to kill every boss in just one hit/attack (two bosses are basically impossible to do this with). I felt like with both of those games, I'd consider myself in the top 1% of players.

6. Illuminist

Mobster

Cool boarders 2, back in the day I could anihilate every course top score by miles and anyone else that played against me
    Doom 2016 multiplayer, every game I was first on the scoreboard, shame it died

7. ic1male

Caporegime

PixelJunk Monsters. I managed to get a rainbow on every level back in the day when the PS3 was my main machine.

Bought it on PC when I got one and barely touched it. :p

8. MG42Maniac

Wise Guy

Flying in Battlefield 1942 with the Forgotten Hope Mod. I was at college at the time so had a load of time to invest into the game, used to regularly get 50+ kills without dying or getting shot down, normally ended up in the top 3 players on a 64 player server. I still have a load of screenshots saved from back in the day. I don't think I will ever get that good at a video game again, simply because I don't have the time and even if I did, it's not a good use of it at my age.

9. Illuminist

Mobster

Yeah this, have responsibility and all that. I can't wait till I'm 65, back to playing games all day lol on the 9080ti

10. Sp00n

Capodecina

Counterstrike <1.6 for me, never have i spent so much time on a game, probably 3 years solid, missed a lot of college over it, few LAN parties, such good times with the OcUK clan and other nubs. Shame it was pre-steam would've been interesting (or depressing) to see the actual amount of hours spent playing.

11. tang0

Mobster

What team? I vaguely remember being in =DA= Dark Angels way back when

12. Russinating

Capodecina

Yeah I remember DA. In fact your name might ring a bell assuming it's the same.

I played for www. (what women want) for a long time with a few RL friends, then played for [LoG] (League of Gentlemen) and =BC= (Body Count).

My name was Strider and then Struder back then (following the release of the Fellowship of the Ring it became a really popular alias annoyingly!).

13. MrMarvelous

Soldato

Call Of Duty 4.

I can still do the bounces and remember all the spots - best COD game ever made.

14. tang0

Mobster

Ah ok, i don't remember much about TFC days, but I played as tang0 or Tang0^No5 (lol).. I do remember playing with a Strider in CS (lived in York), that you? :p

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  15. Souness

Wise Guy

16. lokiss

Mobster

Talking TFC I was the master of the ******* sniper. That guy you love to hate. The devious one you couldn't kill on the hunted, the one that would single handedly defend the flag on the well, the one you couldn't get past in the courtyard in the rock. My favourite game ever, simplicity at it's finest.

17. Arthur Hucksake

Mobster

Those were the days... hours and hours on cs_siege

And the only way you could tell between CT and Ts was the baddies had short sleeves. lol

18. morbid42

Gangster

Sensible soccer, though i think most people mastered it

19. almoststew1990

Mobster

Mafia 1 (and 2); quite a difficult and janky controlled game but I know where every wise-guy will roll in from and can beat it dead quick. I could be the first person to speed run it :p

San Andreas. I always follow the damn train, first time.

I got very good at C&C Generals... offline.

These days I get "rekked" by leet kids on BF so never mind.

20. mathewcrew

Associate

I play poker on Tigergaming but want to start gamble a little. Can someone recommend whether to play slots?