World of Warcraft: Classic

Soldato
How does layering ruin your personal experience? My game isn't affected by other people cheating and risking a potential ban. Layering was required unfortunately, there was no perfect solution, they couldn't host 100 servers only to have 80 dead servers in 6 months time or whatever, they needed a scalable server solution, and layering works.

It affects you, it affects the entire server economy.

Soldato

They couldn't launch with 15 EU servers because they would be undermining the Retail side of WoW; bearing in mind that Classic was always touted and advertised as a "side" offering to appease a very loyal fan base. It doesn't make logical business sense (once you take your fanboi goggles off).

If it is making money and I suspect it is making a lot, then they don't care - its a business. And logic alone, going by how full the severs are, is making them a lot of money.

I am not a loyal fan I just don't want to pay £10pm to play retail wow - a game that is utter trash.

Soldato
The punishments being dished out haven't gone beyond 1 month game time (that we've seen) and in the worst cases some items removed from the player. It doesn't seem like enough to me. Not everyone that took advantage will be caught, players that escaped punishment are now set for a very long time with large amounts of gold. My server Firemaw has quite a large number of people rolling around in their epic mounts with epic BoE gear that combined doesn't seem realistic enough to see so many in Orgrimmar with the same thing.

Soldato
I thought about playing this, but didn't bother. I think I'll leave my memories of the game back where it belongs; the past. Too many better things to be doing with my spare time these days fortunately than to try relive a has been.

Great for new players of the game though.

Soldato
The punishments being dished out haven't gone beyond 1 month game time (that we've seen) and in the worst cases some items removed from the player. It doesn't seem like enough to me. Not everyone that took advantage will be caught, players that escaped punishment are now set for a very long time with large amounts of gold. My server Firemaw has quite a large number of people rolling around in their epic mounts with epic BoE gear that combined doesn't seem realistic enough to see so many in Orgrimmar with the same thing.

We've only seen 1 example of a punishment that may or may not be real, you're assuming it's 1 month game time.

People with epic mounts and BOE's from Molten Core could have easily just spent a lot of time farming trash.

Soldato
We've only seen 1 example of a punishment that may or may not be real, you're assuming it's 1 month game time.

People with epic mounts and BOE's from Molten Core could have easily just spent a lot of time farming trash.

I'm not making any assumption, all we've seen is 1 month (which is confirmed) and until otherwise that's all we know that's been handed out.

Soldato
I'm not making any assumption, all we've seen is 1 month (which is confirmed) and until otherwise that's all we know that's been handed out.

It's pretty stupid to make any assumptions about punishments based on one example, he may have got 1 month for killing a single boss 10 times, someone may have killed a boss 100 times and be on a 6 month ban, we have absolutely no idea.

Soldato
It's pretty stupid to make any assumptions about punishments based on one example, he may have got 1 month for killing a single boss 10 times, someone may have killed a boss 100 times and be on a 6 month ban, we have absolutely no idea.

Wouldn't it also be stupid to assume there are various ban lengths based on nothing?

One of the more recent exploits was during BFA where you could buy multiple XP pots, stack it and gain a silly amount of experience in a short time, it wasn't intended and people knew it was wrong. Everyone that was punished received 30 day bans, no more no less.

The post by Lore doesn't state different punishments with different length periods, it's simply a case of did you exploit the glitch for their own benefit and if so you will be punished for 30 days.

By all means show me a different length of ban and I'll reply and let you know how right you were.

Associate
Wouldn't it also be stupid to assume there are various ban lengths based on nothing?

One of the more recent exploits was during BFA where you could buy multiple XP pots, stack it and gain a silly amount of experience in a short time, it wasn't intended and people knew it was wrong. Everyone that was punished received 30 day bans, no more no less.

The post by Lore doesn't state different punishments with different length periods, it's simply a case of did you exploit the glitch for their own benefit and if so you will be punished for 30 days.

By all means show me a different length of ban and I'll reply and let you know how right you were.
The post actually says that they will receive a 30 day ban and asset strip initially while blizz investigates further.
The implication being when blizz manages to gather and collate more evidence there may be further action.

Soldato
Level 31 now on my war. Finished up duskwood. Not sure I really want to go to STV right now. Apparently Thousand needles is good from 25-35? How is it for ally?

I'm also not sure I'm going to bother with the whirlwind quest. I may just hold out for bonebiter at around 36-37 from SM.

Associate
Level 31 now on my war. Finished up duskwood. Not sure I really want to go to STV right now. Apparently Thousand needles is good from 25-35? How is it for ally?

I'm also not sure I'm going to bother with the whirlwind quest. I may just hold out for bonebiter at around 36-37 from SM.
Thousand needles is not worth it in terms of quests for allies.
Shimmering flats(Next to Thousand Needles) has lots of quests and you will gain some nice xp. Just have empty bags and make sure to grab the FP in gadgetstan (next zone down).
Make sure to talk to the ally flight master and not the horde one.
If you are on PVP you will get ganked just as much as in STV.
You could also try Wetlands it has lots of quests for that level-ish.

Permabanned
I'm not bothered about them getting a 30 day ban, having their items & gold stripped is enough imo.

Lets all cheat then, Im gonna cheat and exploit anything i can because why not? What will they do lock me out for 30 days so i play another game for 30 days its np 4 missed MC runs big woop. But this is totally worth the risk if you get away with it you are set for the entire game with loads of gold 100k a 10 man group farmed 100k!

Saying things like "item stripping is enough" or "other people exploiting does not affect me" really is like 10 point IQ reasoning, So much so i findit frightful the sheer stupidity of people on this forum. Perhaps we should take this approach to real life theft as well no its called DETERRANT and some of us simply want these people removed from the playerbase for the same reasons you lock up thiefs.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Lets all cheat then, Im gonna cheat and exploit anything i can because why not? What will they do lock me out for 30 days so i play another game for 30 days its np 4 missed MC runs big woop. But this is totally worth the risk if you get away with it you are set for the entire game with loads of gold 100k a 10 man group farmed 100k!

Saying things like "item stripping is enough" or "other people exploiting does not affect me" really is like 10 point IQ reasoning, So much so i findit frightful the sheer stupidity of people on this forum. Perhaps we should take this approach to real life theft as well no its called DETERRANT and some of us simply want these people removed from the playerbase for the same reasons you lock up thiefs.

But they didn't get away with it? Blizzard are investigating it as we speak and they'll issue penalties accordingly. - https://classic.wowhead.com/news=29...ing-for-the-wow-classic-dungeon-layering-expl

Gee

Gee

Soldato
My server Firemaw has quite a large number of people rolling around in their epic mounts with epic BoE gear that combined doesn't seem realistic enough to see so many in Orgrimmar with the same thing.

Doesn't neccessarily mean they've cheated/exploited their way to getting an epic mount. I've seen loads of people in IF (Noggenfogger) with their epic mounts. Edgemaster's Handguards (random world drop) are going for 800-1000g as they're pretty much BiS until Naxx. Devilsaur leggings/gloves go for 200g/~80g respectively. If you were killing those (Devilsaurs) whilst levelling in Un'goro then you're pretty much good on gold.

People buying and flipping items on the AH for easy gold etc. You can't just assume people are cheating/exploiting because they have an epic mount, lmao.

Back
Top Bottom