What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Rambo Last Blood.

Felt like a straight to video kind of film.

Would have preferred another one in the jungle as the Mexican theme was just meh.

3/10

Soldato
The Silence - 3/10

a very poor, poor mans A Quiet Place. i quite like Stanley Tucci as an actor so it was quite a shame to see him in this utter guff

Bird Box - 2/10

what a load of complete and utter turd. i get that with movies you sometimes have to leave all sense of reality behind you when you sit down to watch it but this film just expects you to go to a whole other level of stupid acceptance.
it would be a solid zero if it wasn't for the fact the back story to the 'monsters' was quite interesting.

there's so much wrong with the film it would take far too long to explain. avoid like the plague.

no, no you cannot expect me to believe it's possible to drive a car with totally blacked out windows while relying on it's sat nav and proximity sensors to guide you to a supermarket several ******* streets away - streets that were littered with burnt out wrecks, bodies and **** knows what other paraphernalia
no, no you cannot expect me to believe it's possible to paddle down a ******* river blindfolded and survive - oh oh and also survive being flipped out in the rapids and find the 2 blindfolded children, one of whom has carried a box with 3 birds in it that have also survived being flung about in the rapids...
just **** off!!

Soldato
OP
Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse - 8/10

Actually my second time seeing it but can't recommend it enough if you have even a passing interest in comic book movies. I tend to avoid most animated movies as I never find them that good but this is great, it takes 20-30 minutes to get used to the animation which does look amazing but has a jerky, I forgot to wear my 3D glasses look to it but you get used to it and it is spectacular.

It looses a little steam at certain points but has a great soundtrack and voice actors in various roles but also has some genuinely great jokes (and in-jokes).

Also

Bloodline - 7/10

Stifler plays a serial killer. But the film is well shot, and Sean William Scott in the role is very good. Some decent gore and the story is ok. Worth a watch once at least for Scott's performance.

Soldato
Endgame 4/10

Did this really need to be 3 hours of absolute drivel. Why are all of Marvels characters so safe and boring ? Alright, Groot and the Racoon are mildly interesting but the others are so dull.

Soldato
Spiderman: Far From Home - 5/10 - Wow, so disappointed that this was the follow-up to Endgame. It felt very "meh" compared to the first new Spidey film, the life shattering events around "blip" were brushed over (here's a 1 min montage and a tiny Ironman shrine in Venice), the main MCU cast (Fury etc) were phoning it in at best whilst the Spidey cast did - OK-ish - although I did like Mysterio and his back story, but it just became the stock MCU CGI-fest and thats just boring now. I'd rather have a MCU film really develop the characters around the aftermath of the "Blip" with Peter loosing a father figure, the world readjusting via more than a quick "Aunt May speech" and dealing with that for most of the film instead of this very "light teen adventure" film which really failed to be as funny as MCU films were in the past.

It's well made, the CGI is very good and it's got the usual MCU polish which is why I still think it's a 5/10 but it felt like a teen-fiction film which did work for me.

I thought it was v good, 7/10 for me.

Agreed Fury was v poor, but this is a Spidey movie not Avengers.
Mysterio/Jake G was very good
Effects were excellent
MJ actress - nah

Huge plot hole - since when do projections give solid perspective and Fury/Avengers never ran a background check, DNA test, facial recognition on a new 'superhero'?

Soldato
watched Midsommar, was nearly 2h 30m long and at times ok and other times dragged out, then after sitting through the whole thing the only words where WTF.

I'd stay well clear of this, think The wicker man only no real plot.

2/10

Associate
Team Foxcatcher.

Interesting but rather sad documentary about a wealthy guy's involvement in sport, particularly American wrestling. It does highlight how money can really influence things despite how bizarre things can get. The standoff after the shooting is quite surreal.

7.5/10

Soldato
Mission Impossible Fallout you know what you're going to get with these, pretty impressive that old Tom has been making these since 1996! Still it was exciting, silly and instantly forgettable. 4/5

Don
Team Foxcatcher.

Interesting but rather sad documentary about a wealthy guy's involvement in sport, particularly American wrestling. It does highlight how money can really influence things despite how bizarre things can get. The standoff after the shooting is quite surreal.

7.5/10
The film based on that is good as well, Steve Carrell is great in it.

Associate
The film based on that is good as well, Steve Carrell is great in it.

It was the film I was originally after, however it wasn't on Netflix and that's when I discovered the documentary. It would be good to watch the film as I believe it's focused more on the brother Mark, whereas the documentary had no mention of him.

Soldato
The Guilty 9/10

I kept flicking by this when browsing through Netflix, but, last night I stopped and let it play the trailer/clip. I was hooked straight away and had to watch the whole movie.

Normally I don't like films with subtitles, but, this was really good. Tense and gripping. And it leaves you with a lot to think about after it ends.

A Danish film and it's a must watch.
Thanks for the recommendation. Watched and enjoyed. Not a 9/10 for me but def an 8.

Soldato
Avengers Endgame

Was ok, but just too much going on, and not in a good way, didn't feel like there was any stand out moments in the movie, despite it being 3hrs long.

6/10

Last edited:
Soldato
Good Time - 3/10

After the usual arguments about what to watch (Leave No Trace was poo-poo'd because I foolishly mentioned it had won awards) we opted to watch something short. Very disappointing and the girlfriend fell asleep anyway :rolleyes:

Soldato
Rented the Aladin Live action remake.

I actually really enjoyed it way more than I thought I would. Will Smith was a good genie and the CGI didn't look as bad as I was expecting it to be. A enjoyable watch for sure. 7/10

Was way better than the Lion King.

Back
Top Bottom