Greta Thunberg

Associate
"Here are some of the top reasons why Greta Thunberg is a pawn and a fraud, manufactured by PR firms and used by an army of globalist climate change alarmists that seek to gain more financial and political control. They are creating an apocalyptic cult obsesses with the end of the world."

Apologies if already posted.

Associate
"Here are some of the top reasons why Greta Thunberg is a pawn and a fraud, manufactured by PR firms and used by an army of globalist climate change alarmists that seek to gain more financial and political control. They are creating an apocalyptic cult obsesses with the end of the world."

Why do you choose to rot your brain watching god awful youtube channels like this ?

Caporegime
Likely any time I've bought something made in China since the power to produce it likely came from a coal fired plant...
So how would you stop buying goods that were partly, or wholly, manufactured in China? Or having parts or materials originating in China?

Do you think that's even possible today?

The likelihood is that those big polluting companies don't sell to consumers. But instead are supplying raw materials, used by, well, just about everyone.

China is right at the heart of the spider's web that is modern-day goods production.

Associate
Why do you judge a video you have not watched?
If you have what do you dispute?

Because I know of the channel already and how well known it is for absolute ********, thus id rather not waste my time when there is a very strong chance that some of the "facts" in the video will be misleading because the two people who run the channel are known for being premium grade bullshitters with no interest in objective analysis.

"They are creating an apocalyptic cult obsesses with the end of the world." - I mean FFS, you really going to sit there and try and tell me to take the video seriously when they are presenting relentlessly dim opinions like this as if they are fact ?

FYI I don't care for Greta Thunberg and think she is being used a bit by those around her, although I agree with her cause.

Man of Honour
Why do you judge a video you have not watched?
If you have what do you dispute?

You really don't need to watch the video if you know the channel or just take a look at some of the other videos and the comments under them.

I'll save it for when I have 45mins to spare. Are you able to briefly sum up the 10 reasons?

Associate
You really don't need to watch the video if you know the channel or just take a look at some of the other videos and the comments under them.

I'll save it for when I have 45mins to spare. Are you able to briefly sum up the 10 reasons?

TBH "top ten reasons" is not the best title for the video imo.
Its a good summary of the people and organizations that are using her, its not attacking her.
If you agree or not about "the climate emergency" i think its important to understand who is pushing the agenda and how they do it.

As a video it is much easier to follow than this much more in depth article:
http://www.wrongkindofgreen.org/201...economy-of-the-non-profit-industrial-complex/

THE MANUFACTURING OF GRETA THUNBERG – FOR CONSENT: THE POLITICAL ECONOMY OF THE NON-PROFIT INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX

V F

V F

Soldato

I haven't watched but has anyone mentioned Al Gore? I wouldn't be surprised if he is mainly behind all this.

Soldato
If she was 26, would people feel differently?

I reckon they would.

We all know at the age of 26 we could look back at ourselves at 16 and realise that we viewed the world in a different manner a decade ago. Our perceptions change with our experiences, responsibilities and aspirations.

It's the same reason people get angry at the idea of 16 year olds getting the vote.

Soldato
Really dont see why people have an issue with her to be honest. Id rather my children watch her on tv and learn about climate change then listen to some 15 year old garbage pop star or some 10 year old opening toys on youtube.

Is she being used? Probably yes...at least its for a good cause. Wheres the outrage over child popstars? Children being used for youtube channels etc.

Caporegime
I'm sure China are taking note of her each and every move with the intention of drastically reducing their footprint.

China are ahead of schedule to peak their pollution between 2021-25 and then it will go into decline unlike the USA which under trump is increasing the rate its rising each year and had the highest surge in 2018 for 8 years.

China was spending more on green projects than USA was as far back as 2012 and are pumping billions into environmental tech, more than any country in the world.

Yes China is the worlds largest polluter but they are doing something about it and quickly unlike a lot of western countries.

I have seen a massive backlash on FB from Americans all saying the same thing that she has no right to come to American to say those things and she should go preach in China to the worlds biggest polluter. It’s all just to get people wound up and ignore the issue as their own governments just pay lip service to reducing pollution,

Most of the reason the U.K. is anywhere near hitting our target for 30 years time (really ambitious not) is that we are just palming off our co2 polluting to other countries so overall we can take the moral high ground and say we have reduced out carbon footprint whereas the reality is we have just shifted it abroad and overall it has risen so achieves nothing except ticks some boxes

V F

V F

Soldato
Really dont see why people have an issue with her to be honest. Id rather my children watch her on tv and learn about climate change then listen to some 15 year old garbage pop star or some 10 year old opening toys on youtube.

Is she being used? Probably yes...at least its for a good cause. Wheres the outrage over child popstars? Children being used for youtube channels etc.

Climate change has been going on since time began. It's called mother nature.

Soldato
Climate change has been going on since time began. It's called mother nature.

True, but when humans cause the climate to change it isnt 'mother nature'

https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

'The current warming trend is of particular significance because most of it is extremely likely (greater than 95 percent probability) to be the result of human activity since the mid-20th century and proceeding at a rate that is unprecedented over decades to millennia;'

Back
Top Bottom