World of Warcraft: Classic

Soldato
Yeah FFXI and Lineage 2, if they released them as classics then hahah no way would pick them up.

Wow is doable especially with the patch schedule looking to be similar to the original.

Permabanned
What do people think of druid vs smite priest? Would you get to semi serious raid as the 0/30/21 druid bear resto spec? Or would you be required to spec into Moonglow builds?

Priest seems interesting too, Because if you go a Human with 26 in Disc 25 in Holy and stack Spiritual guidance and Spirit you can see how out of all the other healing damage spells like Wrath or Lightning Bolt Smite here scales best as all that Spirit plus the 1.5s cast sounds good to me. For pvp the only other class i can think that comes close might be Shamans with thier ability to heal and put out instant frost shocks but everyone rolled Alliance so i have to choose a Alliance based healer for pvp and pve. And i hate respeccing the only way its going to work is healing with some utility and damage. I thought about Shockadin also but people would not let me raid if i put 31 into Holy and went ret for Command seal i thought about that also Tier 1 with trinkets and rings for Spellpower plus Holyshock Consecration and Seal of Command.

As you can see i like unusual builds. :)

Soldato
Unusual builds make things interesting. All this min/max, must have, stuff just kills the fun and quite often is later found to be wrong anyway. Good players, willing to play as a team, is far more important than a theoretically optimal build. So often things happen that throw out the theory crafting that tiny differences just don't matter anywhere near as much as some would have you believe.

I always preferred the utility classes which were never favoured. No one complained though when my feign death hunter got jumper cables out and saved a wipe ;)

Soldato
This is classic, you have very very limited options of a cookie cutter hybrid skill trees that will do raiding and pvp well. The ability to raid as a healer with a more pvp focused tree though can be more heavily controlled with skill rather then spec. Know when and how to down rank and reduce your overhealing as much as possible.

Soldato
This is classic, you have very very limited options of a cookie cutter hybrid skill trees that will do raiding and pvp well. The ability to raid as a healer with a more pvp focused tree though can be more heavily controlled with skill rather then spec. Know when and how to down rank and reduce your overhealing as much as possible.

That's what I preferred with Vanilla over Classic, so much was unknown. As a result people could play what they had fun with even if it wasn't optimal. Player skill was a much bigger factor. Obviously things like melee hunters were an exception. Used to see some bizarre choices back in the day!

Soldato
Actually I would say the opposite, if you wanted to PVE seriously or PVP seriously your options became more focused on the task in vanilla and your ability to do the other was reduced. In Classic especially now in the early stages, due to the late patch 1.12 improved itemisation and +healing and +damage going on items so early, you have the option to spec PVP and do PVE easily. Unless you massively underperform no one will know/care your not a pure pve build as you cant inspect talent trees (unless I have completely missed that).

Caporegime
That's what I preferred with Vanilla over Classic, so much was unknown. As a result people could play what they had fun with even if it wasn't optimal. Player skill was a much bigger factor. Obviously things like melee hunters were an exception. Used to see some bizarre choices back in the day!

I used to to duel warriors as a hunter using only melee and pet. I had over 6k HP, mixed r13/tier3 and barb of the sand reaver though!

Soldato
Now I've finally got my mount I'm considering professions for my warrior. I was planning to go herb/alch or min/black smithing. Are either of these worth it. I know black smithing can potentially give me a BIS throughout a whole expansion but I'd say there's little chance of me acquiring the recipe. Can it produce anything else worth having? Can it potentially make me any gold or should I just go with dual gathering?

Soldato
Now I've finally got my mount I'm considering professions for my warrior. I was planning to go herb/alch or min/black smithing. Are either of these worth it. I know black smithing can potentially give me a BIS throughout a whole expansion but I'd say there's little chance of me acquiring the recipe. Can it produce anything else worth having? Can it potentially make me any gold or should I just go with dual gathering?

min/bla would be the obvious choice to suit the profession, but like you said if you don't think you will get a lot of recipes, then you are limited with a lot of stuff.

herb/alch could be a good choice. What are you plans end game ? PVE or PVP. Either way you can save yourself a lot of money by making pots yourself and a lot of the most used recipes you get yourself will be the ones you use. You can also transmute arcanite every 2 days which you can charge 10g each time.

Soldato
Am I imagining it or is the best healing food only available from vendors...

I've got 300 cooking and the best I can make is still worse than the NPC sells.

...and worse than the conjured food that mages can make for free.

Last edited:
Soldato
min/bla would be the obvious choice to suit the profession, but like you said if you don't think you will get a lot of recipes, then you are limited with a lot of stuff.

herb/alch could be a good choice. What are you plans end game ? PVE or PVP. Either way you can save yourself a lot of money by making pots yourself and a lot of the most used recipes you get yourself will be the ones you use. You can also transmute arcanite every 2 days which you can charge 10g each time.

Black smiting seems like the fun choice but seems pointless if I'll never use the gear or able to make any gold from it. I'd want the recipes but from what I understand they're very rare/hard to come by.

PVE is what I'll be concentrating on.

Caporegime
Black smiting seems like the fun choice but seems pointless if I'll never use the gear or able to make any gold from it. I'd want the recipes but from what I understand they're very rare/hard to come by.

PVE is what I'll be concentrating on.

I have been leveling my Warrior and keeping my blacksmithing up to date. It is expensive but I normally steam roll everything I come against as I am well geared for my level.

Permabanned
Actually I would say the opposite, if you wanted to PVE seriously or PVP seriously your options became more focused on the task in vanilla and your ability to do the other was reduced. In Classic especially now in the early stages, due to the late patch 1.12 improved itemisation and +healing and +damage going on items so early, you have the option to spec PVP and do PVE easily. Unless you massively underperform no one will know/care your not a pure pve build as you cant inspect talent trees (unless I have completely missed that).

Most classes have cutter specs but there are others that people never tried long term the problem was sometimes Naxxramas gear made things possible. Look at Hemo Rogues for example, Fury tanking? Thats new to me there is also Shockadins, Smite priest, Wrath Druid? Who wants to get Naxx gear to try something and the knowledge only existed in private servers as well by the time Naxx came everyone i knew was resting for the burning crusade expansion which imo i am glad about this time the time between expansions was too short and you need long term investment to pull of a weird spec.

Back
Top Bottom