Red Dead Redemption 2

Associate
Still not even running for the 7 people on my friends list, they all get the same error and have tried multiple fixes. Feel sorry for them because I kind of talked a few of them into buying it ffs.

Associate
Plays really well on my i7 6600k with 2080ti. Don't really obsess over frame rates, if its smooth enough then that'll do for me. Looks pretty good with most things cranked. Have completed Chapter 1 and have had one random ctd in that time. No launcher issues though.

I am crashing to desktop if exiting out of the settings menu too quickly after a change, not every time but more often than you'd expect

Caporegime
Curiously keeping an eye on this. Have Rockstar not even addressed the fact this has been launched with so many issues? If so then that's a massive shambles for a launch as big as this...

The only thing i've seen from Rockstar is telling people to update their GPU drivers, which is beyond hilarious. I've not seen anything official to address the multitude of problems even getting into the game past their dire launcher.

Support are a waste of time, i've tried so many things and listed them in a ticket and they just responded telling me to do some of things i'd already done. Copy and paste job.

Associate
with my i5-2500k @ 4.4, 1080 gpu it works very well at max a lot of the time, then I get freezing and juddering,occasionally then it runs well again for a while, I have an ssd so it shouldn't be that causing the problem

Soldato
with my i5-2500k @ 4.4, 1080 gpu it works very well at max a lot of the time, then I get freezing and juddering,occasionally then it runs well again for a while, I have an ssd so it shouldn't be that causing the problem
What resolution are you running? Similar set up to me except I'm on a 1070

Soldato
Runs generally very well for me on a mixture of high/ultra settings with a boost from my G-synch monitor, early on in the Snow areas I kept getting a 5 second pause every now & then but down in the valley it's eased off doing it a bit, so many settings to experiment with to get it smooth.

I had my first animal attack/death whilst out on a bounty hunt , I heard someone shouting help but could not see anyone, my horse started to skitter and thew me off and then a mountain Lion bounded up & leapt on me, it then shot off and ran in a circle and took me down in a spray of blood whilst I fumbled for my gun, amazing realism on an altogether amazing game.

Man of Honour
I would wait, the game doesn't work for a number of people including 7 of my friends who all get the same issue. When released on Steam surely it will be fixed at that point. Anyway back to beta testing this mess.

Is there anything common between them? I dont have 7 friends who have it but I do have mine, my missus, 1 RL friend and 1 clanmate and its working on all of ours, though we do have a variety of different specs

Associate
Is there anything common between them? I dont have 7 friends who have it but I do have mine, my missus, 1 RL friend and 1 clanmate and its working on all of ours, though we do have a variety of different specs

Not really mate, 3 use AMD systems and 4 use Nvidia. All have their bios updated, drivers updated, windows updated, and have all tried every single fix on the internet we could find. Every single one can't launch the game.

Associate
What cpu are you using with your 1080ti?

I’ve got an i7 4790(non k) & 32Gb RAM and it’s running like a dog, can’t even break 30fps @1440p with the main settings at medium and the majority of advanced settings either off or low, doing my head in!

I’ve suspected for a while my cpu is holding me back that said, I have no problems getting decent FPS rates with my other games (including GTA V) maxed out....

Using i7 8700k - Stock Speeds - MSI 1080ti , Game installed on Pro Samsung 260 M.2 , 512gb

I'll take screen shot later and post it here when I get home , All the Top are on Ultra - TAA High , 16 x water and some other parts and clouds on high , I've put everything on ultra / High , FPS set to 60 max , Vsyc on / Had a quick go this morning and it never drops below 43 Fps.

The game looks bloody gorgeous such a nice game to walk around. make sure you got all the newest windows updates and all the newest Graphics Drivers , I also always Run Ge-force Afterburner app in the background and have the fans on fast.

Last edited:
Associate
I'll take screen shot later and post it here when I get home , All the Top are on Ultra - TAA High , 16 x water and some other parts and clouds on high , I've put everything on ultra / High , FPS set to 60 max , Vsyc on / Had a quick go this morning and it never drops below 43 Fps.

The game looks bloody gorgeous such a nice game to walk around. make sure you got all the newest windows updates and all the newest Graphics Drivers , I also always Run Ge-force Afterburner app in the background and have the fans on fast.

43fps is not playable in the slightest, why are you getting such poor performance? As poor as the game is low FPS is not something I am getting maxed out.

Caporegime
I really don’t know if I should update my bios or not. It is pretty old now, F3 bios.

Do you think it’s worth a try or would you just wait until rockstar fix it? Problem is, they’ve not even shown any signs of being bothered about it.

Man of Honour
Not really mate, 3 use AMD systems and 4 use Nvidia. All have their bios updated, drivers updated, windows updated, and have all tried every single fix on the internet we could find. Every single one can't launch the game.

That sucks, so random how it works for one person and not another.

Back
Top Bottom