Red Dead Redemption 2

Soldato
I'm kinda baffled why people are still using 3rd party Antivirus software when Windows 10 has everything you need and more when it comes to security ! from my experience all these 3rd party apps do is mess up and slow down your PC.

Just use Windows 10s built in defender and run a scan every now and then. Been doing this since release and its brilliant.

Yep, windows defender is really good these days. And none of them protects you 100% anyway, so it'll do me.

Soldato
I am just wondering how long this will take me to finish!

Honestly, the game is so distracting because of the environments and details that it's easy to just wander off, lots of random encounters and abandoned places out in the world that Arthur sketches in his journal etc. (read the journal for additional stuff:p) The story itself is pretty damn long.

100+ hours on the PS4 Pro for me, done with the story but not all the side stuff.

If I had something more than a 1070, I'd rebuy the game to replay it in a different way but I doubt I'll get it to look noticeably better at 1440p while maintaining 60fps, not to mention all the problem people are having ATM.

Soldato
Does anyone know how to change the FOV ? The slider in Settings/Camera doesn't do jack for first person view, maybe an centimeter from none to max. :confused:

How the hell do you save?
Pass.
Got through the intro but had to exit as I couldn't figure it out. Will it only save when you get to your camp or a certain location or sleep?

I found this article over at PC Gamers and it says this if you don't want to click link:

The save game option is a little hidden away, but you can find it by hitting the 'STORY' tab on the pause menu. From there there's a huge place to click on the left of your screen that gives you the option to save your game—you can't miss it.

That said there are some occasions in the game when you cannot save, such as the very beginning. Just make sure you dig through this part and you'll be able to save what you've done later on. Just make sure you do so before a big event is about to take place in the game, or you've gone through a big session without hitting save.

Soldato
Pass.
Got through the intro but had to exit as I couldn't figure it out. Will it only save when you get to your camp or a certain location or sleep?
You can only save at certain times and hardly at all during the first chapter. Go to the Story tab after pause if you can save it will let you do so there. Auto save is also active.
Andi.

Soldato
I'm amazed at the poor performance figures. Yes its a big stunning world, but come on, a decent PC 2 or 3 times the power of current gen console should be running this well up over 60fps with very high/Ultra settings, even at 1440p on mid to high end GPU's. Just look at the 2080ti outputting numbers half of what I'd expect at the various resolutions (maybe not 4k) but you get my point.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm amazed at the poor performance figures. Yes its a big stunning world, but come on, a decent PC 2 or 3 times the power of current gen console should be running this well up over 60fps with high settings, even at 1440p on mid range mid to high end GPU's. Just look at the 2080ti even struggling.

That's what keeps me from getting it again, even with no AA and mid-high, my 1070 would get hammered at 1440p. The cost of PC gaming is bonkers at the moment, high end GPUS are twice or thrice the price of a console while not being able to cope with games perfectly at high settings.
I might be better off with a PS5.

Soldato
I'm amazed at the poor performance figures. Yes its a big stunning world, but come on, a decent PC 2 or 3 times the power of current gen console should be running this well up over 60fps with very high/Ultra settings, even at 1440p on mid range mid to high end GPU's. Just look at the 2080ti outputting numbers half of what I'd expect at the various resolutions.
Is there a difference between them though, is the one x running 4k but with lower textures or less eye candy?

Associate
I'm amazed at the poor performance figures. Yes its a big stunning world, but come on, a decent PC 2 or 3 times the power of current gen console should be running this well up over 60fps with very high/Ultra settings, even at 1440p on mid range mid to high end GPU's. Just look at the 2080ti outputting numbers half of what I'd expect at the various resolutions.

Once you drop the settings a bit performance really shoots up so hopefully it's just a handful of killer settings that we can drop down and then max everything else. HU usually do a good tuning vid for games.

Associate
Any recommendations for a graphics card to run this RDR2 on? Am I looking at 150 or 300 quid or more!? Im well out of date with specs now.

Thought I had just about juice on system to run it but graphics not great. In the snow mountains i can see through the foreground and see background. Doh.

I'm assuming graphic card the issue. Have a HIS HD 7850 Iceq 2048MB gddr5 card. Have a core i5 357k and 8gb me memory. Sshd.

Running the benchmark only has glitches in snow so maybe runnable if I get through the snow. Cheers.

First post, enjoy following this thread. Hello.

Associate
I'm keeping shadows on medium for now. They look ok to me.
I am getting over 120 fps in UHD. Going to turn on some more settings later.

Pass.

You can save manually when not on a mission by going to the menu screen

Press Start (ESC) - > Story - > Save Game

Associate
I'm amazed at the poor performance figures. Yes its a big stunning world, but come on, a decent PC 2 or 3 times the power of current gen console should be running this well up over 60fps with very high/Ultra settings, even at 1440p on mid to high end GPU's. Just look at the 2080ti outputting numbers half of what I'd expect at the various resolutions (maybe not 4k) but you get my point.

It could barely run at 30fps at standard HD resolution on the consoles, with graphics settings probably equivalent to medium on the PC and much lower draw distances.

Soldato
The secret to good perf in this without sacrificing too many settings is res scale to 0.75.

Half the settings down have a significant enough fps improvement unless you go to medium.

I'm keeping shadows on medium for now. They look ok to me.
I am getting over 120 fps in UHD. Going to turn on some more settings later.

What's your specs

Back
Top Bottom