PC Game Pass (was Xbox Game Pass for PC)

Soldato
Has Metro Exodus (for PC) been removed from the Game Pass / Store thing?

I had it installed but just upgraded HDDs and went to reinstall it and I can't.

It now only shows as being available for XBox...
metro.jpg

Other games can still install on my PC, eg: Crackdown 3, Outer Worlds, Sea of Thieves etc.
Make sure your Windows Updates are the latest & you are on the newist Win 10 version 1909. Then go into the MS Store client check for updates within there to ensure the Store client is up to date as it got an update about 2-3 days ago for the MS gaming services. Game Pass always wants everything to be up to date OS & Apps wise.

Soldato
You would have to define what you personally consider worthwhile, but ...

The Outer Worlds
Rage 2
Middle Earth : Shadow of War
Dead by Daylight
Forza Horizon 4
Astroneer
Sea of Thieves
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Metro Exodus
State of Decay 2
Dishonoured 2
Dead Cells
Kingdom Come Deliverence
Hellblade: Senua Sacrifice

And soon, Phoenix Point and the new MS Flight Simulator

All immediately come to mind.
Not a massive fan myself but also add Gears of War 4 & 5 as well as the remastered looks like a new game part 1! plus all 3 Metro (redux versions) games should be on there very soon!

Associate
Make sure your Windows Updates are the latest & you are on the newist Win 10 version 1909. Then go into the MS Store client check for updates within there to ensure the Store client is up to date as it got an update about 2-3 days ago for the MS gaming services. Game Pass always wants everything to be up to date OS & Apps wise.
Thanks - that's probably it.
My PC is on 1903 and even when I click 'Check for Updates' it comes back with "You're up to date"!
My laptop is already 1909 and has the install option.

Soldato
Thanks - that's probably it.
My PC is on 1903 and even when I click 'Check for Updates' it comes back with "You're up to date"!
My laptop is already 1909 and has the install option.
Force the update on PC to 1909 XGP is always looking for it to be the newist version!

Man of Honour
Waste of time this for me, games getting taken down with little notice, I work away a lot and would never get to complete them.

In your case, I'd look at it as an extended demo. If you are pushed for time and worried that titles will leave the gamepass, think of it as an extended demo of 100 games, including some brand new releases. If theres one you particularly like then purchase that one but when you look at it in this manner £1 for 100 extended demos is remarkably good value

Soldato
The value this offers is absolutely incredible. Between PC and Xbox there's 50-odd games I'm interested in (not counting ones I own on other platforms). I wouldn't get through that lot in a year if I stopped playing everything else.

Currently working through the Fable trilogy on Xbox, Reach and The Outer Worlds on PC. Also still playing FH4 and Sea of Thieves. Need to make time for Life Is Strange before it drops off Game Pass on the 13th though. Might have left it too late.

Soldato
I'd you've already downloaded and installed the game, you can still play as long as you're sub is active, even if they're removed from the pass.

Are you sure this is accurate?

This wasn't the case for me when The Surge left the Pass. I got a message saying it was no longer in my account and I couldn't start it up again. Unless this is something they've changed quite recently?

Soldato
Are you sure this is accurate?

This wasn't the case for me when The Surge left the Pass. I got a message saying it was no longer in my account and I couldn't start it up again. Unless this is something they've changed quite recently?

When I first signed up about maybe 6 months back you could do this, it might have changed since then though. I'll be honest, I'm probably referring to out of date info.

Soldato
When I first signed up about maybe 6 months back you could do this, it might have changed since then though. I'll be honest, I'm probably referring to out of date info.

Yeah, it's definitely one of a number of issues they really need to provide clearer information on as this moves out of beta. I seemed to get a few days' grace with The Surge, and briefly thought I'd just be able to keep on playing it, but it did become unplayable a few days after its leaving date.

Soldato
Yeah, it's definitely one of a number of issues they really need to provide clearer information on as this moves out of beta. I seemed to get a few days' grace with The Surge, and briefly thought I'd just be able to keep on playing it, but it did become unplayable a few days after its leaving date.

I had a thought on this...could it be that once a game requires a new patch, you lose the ability to play as it isn't actively updated on the pass?

Soldato
I had a thought on this...could it be that once a game requires a new patch, you lose the ability to play as it isn't actively updated on the pass?

Really, I have no idea. In the case of The Surge this seems a bit unlikely since its quite an old game, and it would be coincidental this happening right as the game left the Pass.

Can't rule it out, though. And that's what so frustrating - there is no clarity on this from MS (or at least none that I've been able to find).

Soldato
Really, I have no idea. In the case of The Surge this seems a bit unlikely since its quite an old game, and it would be coincidental this happening right as the game left the Pass.

Can't rule it out, though. And that's what so frustrating - there is no clarity on this from MS (or at least none that I've been able to find).

The whole thing is quite vague and frustrating. However from my side, I generally play one single player game at a time so it does make gaming much cheaper for me than it has been for years. I'll just ensure I don't start anything that's been on the pass for ages :D

Soldato
tried playing rage 2 the other night and it kept minimizing frequently and at random or so i thought.

turns out every time i got an acheivement instead of the side menu popping up saying u got blah blah it would minimize the game and no way to get it back, so basically crashed because trying to make the game stop been minimized would result in a crash.

turned off notifications for the xbox nonsense that comes up with acheivments and been able to play all night without any hiccups, game runs so smooth maxxed out, just thought i would mention that incase any one else gets a similar problem :)

settings/system/notification & actions/ and then declick notifications for xbox console companion and rage 2 doesnt crash any more :)

Last edited:
Soldato
tried playing rage 2 the other night and it kept minimizing frequently and at random or so i thought.

turns out every time i got an acheivement instead of the side menu popping up saying u got blah blah it would minimize the game and no way to get it back, so basically crashed because trying to make the game stop been minimized would result in a crash.

turned off notifications for the xbox nonsense that comes up with acheivments and been able to play all night without any hiccups, game runs so smooth maxxed out, just thought i would mention that incase any one else gets a similar problem :)

settings/system/notification & actions/ and then declick notifications for xbox console companion and rage 2 doesnt crash any more :)

Started playing this too, i play at 4k, but play at 2560x1440 upscaled to 4k, i love when they put this option in. Buttery smooth.

Back
Top Bottom