• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD ThreadRipper ***

Soldato
was wondering if I could get some advice on choosing ram for my 3960x please

normally for ryzen 3000 build I was going to order some 3600mhz ram at cas 14, gskil but that is 2x sticks.

for threadripper I am not sure what to order, I was going to get 4 sticks now and ill add another 4 later ,maybe, but looking at others it seems not many can get threadripper running at cas 14 3600mhz. Don't want to waste money on expensive ram if its not going to run at rated speeds. I am buying some gskil blingy ram lol and the cas 18 3600mhz is much much cheaper than 3600mhz cas 14.

so what to buy is the question.

Man of Honour
Started building the lab out, CPU usage is high as vRA is deploying but it's all working really well so far. I've got vROps, Horizon and NSX amongst other things to deploy yet so that RAM will get eaten up.

w5XNbo2.png

Man of Honour
True but he thinks there isn’t enough mounting pressure on the CPU due to the socket modification.
Never something I would consider but it’s an interesting watch.

Soldato
was wondering if I could get some advice on choosing ram for my 3960x please

normally for ryzen 3000 build I was going to order some 3600mhz ram at cas 14, gskil but that is 2x sticks.

for threadripper I am not sure what to order, I was going to get 4 sticks now and ill add another 4 later ,maybe, but looking at others it seems not many can get threadripper running at cas 14 3600mhz. Don't want to waste money on expensive ram if its not going to run at rated speeds. I am buying some gskil blingy ram lol and the cas 18 3600mhz is much much cheaper than 3600mhz cas 14.

so what to buy is the question.

U deserve the name AMDPOWER i am so jealous....

Man of Honour
Thanks guys, it's Mayhems fluid, I've been using it in yellow or orange for about 6 years now without any issues. Blocks always look nice and clean once drained. I might get a different case and run hard tubing in the future.

Man of Honour
Haha, wow. Yeah I fancy a Luxe I think which doesn't have the front drive bays like mine does (which I have no use for other than a fan controller). Then I could mount the pump/res further forward. I fancy going full retard with RGB but that's another load of money I really don't want to spend!

Back
Top Bottom