The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
Jesus that thing is like over a grand is it not, that should keep you going for a few years lol. What frames does that produce on witcher 3 fully maxed at 4k?

One more question if that is ok, out of touch with PC cards. What is the best card for my budget if you don't mind.

Thank you

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Don’t really know as I use Vsync and lock it at 60Hz but it stays there.

If you need something now probably a 2070S or an AMD 5700XT which would be a bit cheaper.

People seem to think Nvidia will be releasing their new cards in the first half of next year which would be a much better bet if you can wait it out though.

I had an RX480 before I got my 4K TV and got fed up of upscaling 1080P pretty quickly but even the 2080Ti struggles with 4K/60 max settings in the latest games.

Man of Honour
Well, I’ve downloaded this again off the back of the tv show. I bought the dlc ages ago, but never touched it. Still looks stunning. I didn’t realise how positive the steam reviews are now, very well deserved. Will take me a short while to figure out the controls again.

Soldato
Don’t really know as I use Vsync and lock it at 60Hz but it stays there.

If you need something now probably a 2070S or an AMD 5700XT which would be a bit cheaper.

People seem to think Nvidia will be releasing their new cards in the first half of next year which would be a much better bet if you can wait it out though.

I had an RX480 before I got my 4K TV and got fed up of upscaling 1080P pretty quickly but even the 2080Ti struggles with 4K/60 max settings in the latest games.
Yeah
My 2080 did this game ok at 4K tho tbh.
Just did a few smart settings changes. Looked good.

Soldato
Also tempted to go through another playthrough. Any recommended mods?

Going to be lazy and quote myself to some mods, a couple of them more or less required for most mods anyway.

If I remember correctly (been a while since I played) then there is a setting where you can turn of map markers (if you meaning all the ! markers that is), in any case here is some mods that might help you make it another new experience for you.

The Witcher 3 Mod Manager - Easier to use then the old Nexus Mod Manager or their new one, Vortex.

The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project - As been mentioned a few posts earlier in this thread, it improves things from normal game

Friendly Hud - Almost a must have, especially if you like your screen free from all the clutter. It has loads of settings as to what you want shown on the screen, like potions and such not showing until you in combat etc.

Unification Patch for different versions of the game - A needed patch if you going to mod the game, several mods requires it and it makes all versions compatible.

All Quests Objectives On Map - Only shows your active quests on the map, and you can easily change them on the map without going into your quest list.

Script Merger - Needed mod to make sure all mods works together and that you can actually start the game after having modded it. From description: Detects conflicts between mods & helps you resolve them, either by creating merged files that override the conflicting ones, or by configuring a custom load order for your mods.

Ghost Mode - Not used this mod myself, but it changes the game play some while still trying to be as close as the original as possible. Have a read through it and it might be to your liking.

Preparations - Another mod I not used, but it will make it more challenging. Basically you need to meditate to do your skills, alchemy and so on. Just like Witcher 1, if you played that one.

I am sure there is other mods that I missed but that others might suggest if you looking to get a more challenging time this time around when playing it again.

Associate
I'm not normally into 3rd person games, but I have really enjoyed the watching the Witcher series on Netflix on episode 6 now. It's a game I have always know about, but stayed away from due to only being 3rd person view, but the TV series has hooked me and I thought I would buy Witcher 3 GOTY as it's only £10.50 in the steam sale.

Just got to finish the outer worlds first before I start :D

Associate
I'm not normally into 3rd person games, but I have really enjoyed the watching the Witcher series on Netflix on episode 6 now. It's a game I have always know about, but stayed away from due to only being 3rd person view, but the TV series has hooked me and I thought I would buy Witcher 3 GOTY as it's only £10.50 in the steam sale.

Just got to finish the outer worlds first before I start :D

Bargain at that price, each of the 2 expansions is a basically a full game in their own right.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Dammit. I'm already chugging away through COD MP, RDR2 and I've just picked up Control from the Epic Store for £22 and now I'm thinking of reinstalling TW3, possibly the biggest time-sink of them all!

Associate
Dammit. I'm already chugging away through COD MP, RDR2 and I've just picked up Control from the Epic Store for £22 and now I'm thinking of reinstalling TW3, possibly the biggest time-sink of them all!
I did exactly all of that too!!!
I never completed TW3 I have both expansions and am just about to start blood and wine at level 32, amazing game !!

Back
Top Bottom