What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
Warlock. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098622/

I've got fond memories of watching this many, many moons ago.

If you can handle the humour in the film - which I feel doesn't work and is downright cheesy,
then I still think it has something to offer. Julian Sands plays the part very well.

I've not seen the sequel, so I may give it a look soon.

Caporegime
Pawn.

This movie gave me Forest Whitaker eye. He starred in it, so it probably gave him Forest Whitaker eye too.

13.32 Haglee; 4 IMDB.

Warlock. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098622/

I've got fond memories of watching this many, many moons ago.

If you can handle the humour in the film - which I feel doesn't work and is downright cheesy,
then I still think it has something to offer. Julian Sands plays the part very well.

I've not seen the sequel, so I may give it a look soon.

Cult movie, I loved it as a kid! Sands chews up the scenery like a boss.

Soldato
John Wick 3 - 5/10 was as expected, slim story line with lots of shooting/chopping people up.

the fight scenes looked a bit forced in places and the director obviously has a fetish with hitting people in the nut sack.

Soldato
Kong: Skull Island 6/10

Great action scenes but this flick is not a patch on the 2005 Jack Black movie.
It's an hour shorter and there's no real character and story development. The big skull crawler v kong fight was basically just a repeat of the T Rex fight from the previous film. The whole movie feels rushed and like it's over too soon. When it finished I was like, "that it?".

fez

fez

Caporegime
Hellboy - 2019 version

Utterly awful in so many different ways.

Story - what story
Dialogue - awful
Suspense - none
Surprises - none
CGI - terrible
Accents - just wow
Acting - generally awful and how they delivered some of the lines with a straight face is beyond me. Stand out (bad) performance was from the girl who is a medium. I mean, has she ever acted before in her life. It was like someone was parodying bad acting.

Generous at a 3/10

edit: Forgot about the first 10 minutes which were some of the most cringe inducing 10 minutes of my life.

Soldato
Ferrari vs Ford - 7½ / 10

Enjoyed it, but I wouldn't be crowning it as film of the year (not that I know what was...) Nothing particularly wrong with it, just it was a just a good movie. It's funny, I supposed it's because it's based on true events, which you perhaps think would have been better if Hollywood changed to make it a better story... which is of course what we don't want them doing :)

Man of Honour
Pacific Rim: Uprising

Look, I know Pacific Rim and this sequel are not high cinema and their plots are paper thin but I really don't care. Embrace your inner child and enjoy the ride, and boy what a ride.

9/10 if like me you were sold on the first movie on the premise of Giant Robots punching Giant Monsters in the face alone, probably a solid 8/10 otherwise, as it's still a cracking blockbuster action movie the like of which Michael Bay can only dream of being good enough to make.

If I recall correctly, the original Pacific Rim film is set in 2020, so I want to know where our giant robots are :D

Caporegime
Star wars : rise of skywalker
Imax
9/10

This film was intense, so intense I wasn't bothered by the plot issues. I really hated the characters I was meant to hate.

Absolutely loved it, and so did the GF
It was cheesy, funny emotive, special effects were awesome, it looked like old star wars with models etc rather than all cgi.

I dunno if it was the imax that made it so intense? It sounded extra loud and immersive even compared to other imax! And I go to imax most cinema trips.

Soldato
JoJo Rabbit - 7.5/10

Brilliant! I loved it. Typical Waititi humour, ranging from the subtle and sublime to overt farce but juxtaposed against human tragedy all portrayed from the viewpoint of a 10 year old boy. Some parts of Waititi's performance of Hitler were genius. I've heard the critics are split, giving it 1/5 or 5/5 and I can understand that, his humour isn't for everyone. So if you liked What we do in the Shadows and Hunt for the Wilderpeople then you'll like this too, if not, don't bother :p

It did have quite a Wes Anderson feel to it in the second half

He really does seem to have a thing about fat people/kids :p

Back
Top Bottom