Doom Eternal

Soldato
Just decided to re-install Doom 3 with the Absolute HD mod 1.6. Looks much nicer than the majority of current day games IMO

Soldato
I'm certain that id Software pushed for the delay over the objections of Bethesda, and Bethesda caved because they desperately need a smooth AAA game launch to try to salvage their reputation."

Yeah I concur, this would have been id's push back, DOOM (2016) for me set new levels of quality for a AAA title on release, performance was "on point" day one and is still a joy to play today.

Associate
I enjoyed Doom 2016, was wondering if I should get this day one or wait for the inevitable Bethesda massive price drop for later. I guess its good that it got delayed gives me time to play some other things.

My backlog is filled to the brim, I got Red Dead 2 last year for xmas and still haven't played more than 10 mins on it...

It's really overly bright and vibrant this Eternal version.

They do explain some of the the changes to colour though.

Ammo drops are now colour coded so you can quickly identify the type of ammo, and the weapon wheel is using colour as visual aid to give an quick indication of ammo levels for each weapon.
(I just hope they do add some additional shading and detail to these dropped items so they look a little more real and less cartoon like).

They said that ammo in general will be a little less abundant this time around.
Also sounds like they putting a lot of thought into weapon balancing and how demons will effectively resist and counter based on the weapon you use.

Crouch is gone, a grappling hook that pulls you towards objects in multi vector way, movement dashing, wall climbing and post swings are in.
Shoulder mounted secondary weapon means you can keep firing you primary weapon at the same time.
Forearm mounted cutting blade for more deadly glory killing (would you like one slice or two sir).
Instant death respawn when you have the 1UPS in reserve.

Nah I have complete trust that they know what they doing.
IMHO we could be in for an master class showing in the frantic non-stop FPS genre.

This vid shows some of changes from the earlier dem versions.

[EDIT] Pre-ordered from CDkeys.

Last edited:
is it me, or have the moved the gun position to the center?

Yes they have, to match the original DOOM and DOOM II experience.
But it is an adjustable setting I think they said.

Doom-II.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I hope they ditched the simplistic map design from 2016, which was just a series of boxy mini arenas. The classics had great maps.

Back
Top Bottom