• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RX5600XT review thread

Soldato
Neither should the vega 56 or 64 owners :D

Well there is an excuse to them, given that the reference models were used :D
The Nitro/Red Devil are +20% faster out of the box. Something that cannot be said for the non reference GTX1080s, as all are withing 50mhz between each other.

FYI the Guru3d Vega 64 always underperformed other reference V64s also. By a good 10%.
Probably because is the one with the July BIOS and not release model with August-September bios.

Soldato
Few days ago Guru3d has the 5600XT Red Dragon review using latest drivers for all testes cards.

https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/powercolor_radeon_rx_5600_xt_red_dragon_review,1.html

Those with GTX1080 shouldn't watch the review :D
I dunno, it's taken 3.5 years for the market to offer same performance for half the price. That's pretty slow imo and it's not like the 5600xt is miles ahead in terms of efficiency either. I am glad that this performance is finally available at <£300 though as it is a lot of grunt, games will look and run great for all 5600xt owners.

The big problem is that it's probably gonna be another 3.5 years to get double the 1080 performance for the same price. The flip side is that it means I have felt no pressure to upgrade yet.

Soldato
Still looks pretty meh to me - you could get a 56 a year or more ago for the same price which offers the same performance with more vram.
Yeah, was more tongue in cheek as panos had a little dig at gtx 1080 owners.

Not sure why as most of the 1080 owners have had that performance for 3 years.

Soldato
power consumption and noise of V64 on air is unbearable

Nah, just the blower version. My Nitro+ is whisper quiet even pushing it at 340w. Power consumption is big but not a huge difference, because there's a diminishing returns point soon after 220-240w. So the difference ends up being around 100w. Is that a big deal? For me it's a 'meh' issue.

Associate
The red devil 5600 XT uses the same PCB as the 5700 XT. I put my 5700 XT red devil cooler on the 5600XT. Waterblock will also fit then. Igors MPT won't give more than stock max OC settings.

Back
Top Bottom