Amazon Prime sucks massive donkey balls

Man of Honour
They employ a lot of people to minimise their tax burden, it's up to the governement to close the loopholes, you can't blame Amazon.

EXACTLY.
It's like when I fill my tax returns in for my music and the Accountant says do you want to pay tax or buy a new guitar? - ooh I'm not sure.
If those are the loopholes then you can't blame Amazon or somebody like Gary Barlow for sending his money elsewhere.

Caporegime
EXACTLY.
It's like when I fill my tax returns in for my music and the Accountant says do you want to pay tax or buy a new guitar? - ooh I'm not sure.
If those are the loopholes then you can't blame Amazon or somebody like Gary Barlow for sending his money elsewhere.

That isn't a loophole really.

Soldato
I dont mind Amazon, I ordered a Glourious O mouse, it didnt come next day infact they told me it was lost in transit, so they gave me a full refund, then the very next day the mouse turned up, I did the right thing and phoned them, they told me to just keep it really.

Associate
Well looks like Amazon have 'lost' the AE-7 soundcard I ordered. Last seen in Bardon, Leicestershire 2 days ago :) Thing is, this was a 'used' example (open-box sold by Amazon) so if it doesn't turn up I wonder what they'll do?

Soldato
Amazon Prime member in the US here. New motherboard arrived yesterday. It wasn't in a cardboard box - they had just stuck the shipping label directly on the mobo box. And the box wasn't even sealed :O It looks fine and the box wasn't even scratched, but I'll find out tomorrow if it actually works. I suspect it was a returned one, but even so, I've never had anything arrive like that!

Update: despite the unsealed box and complete lack of packaging the mobo is working just fine! Think I got a lucky escape there.

Associate
aside from the tax issues I like amazon, and to be fair their customer service in my experience has been fantastic even if not spending a lot of money

my amazon tv remote stopped working after my 1 year old son ran off with it and threw it down the toilet, rang them told them what had happened they sorted it within 10mins gave me £30 in store credit to buy a new one, and as it was on offer for £16 at the time i got £14 worth of extra bits for nothing. I also stood on my Daughters Fire HD tab smashing the screen, rang them about it and had a brand one on my doorstep the next morning.

whereas i spent thousands on Overclockers at xmas and the whole experience was nothing short of crap.

Associate
aside from the tax issues I like amazon, and to be fair their customer service in my experience has been fantastic even if not spending a lot of money

my amazon tv remote stopped working after my 1 year old son ran off with it and threw it down the toilet, rang them told them what had happened they sorted it within 10mins gave me £30 in store credit to buy a new one, and as it was on offer for £16 at the time i got £14 worth of extra bits for nothing. I also stood on my Daughters Fire HD tab smashing the screen, rang them about it and had a brand one on my doorstep the next morning.

So you told them "exactly" what stopped them working and they still replaced them for free........

Permabanned

whereas i spent thousands on Overclockers at xmas and the whole experience was nothing short of crap.

No they didn’t. They wouldn’t replace something that was broken by someone and not a manufactures issue.

Associate
So you told them "exactly" what stopped them working and they still replaced them for free........

Yes, the tablets are the kids editions and have a free 2 year worry free warranty and they will replace them regardless of how they were broken.

The remote i didnt expect to be replaced and i just rang to try my luck, told them exactly as they would be able to tell it was water damaged when i sent the broken one back, but they just said it was still under warranty and would replace it, although i have read somewhere the remotes have known reliability issues so they probably replace them regardless too

wnb

wnb

Soldato
Update: despite the unsealed box and complete lack of packaging the mobo is working just fine! Think I got a lucky escape there.

Lol I ordered a crow bar and it came packaged like it was royal Dalton China doll the box was about 5 times bigger than it needed to be.

Associate
Yes, the tablets are the kids editions and have a free 2 year worry free warranty and they will replace them regardless of how they were broken.

The remote i didnt expect to be replaced and i just rang to try my luck, told them exactly as they would be able to tell it was water damaged when i sent the broken one back, but they just said it was still under warranty and would replace it, although i have read somewhere the remotes have known reliability issues so they probably replace them regardless too

Fair enough. Never heard of that before. That's a good way to get people buying a tablet for their kids.

Back
Top Bottom