Red Dead Redemption 2

Soldato
Had about an hour last night, used the settings above at 1080p.

Works pretty well, the benchmark gave me highs of 70, low of 48ish and an average around 58 if I recall.

I may pull some settings back to try and reduce a bit of stuttering but I'm happy at 1080

Soldato
So new drivers and I got a new crash screen.

ERR_GFX_STATE X game error. please reboot and restart the game.

Im going to try dx12 instead. ANy help guys?

Associate
I've caved and just downloading now. I had on Xbox but sold as the graphics looked horrific and knew it would likely get a pc release.

I shall be using hardware unboxed settings I think unless patches since then have improved things?

Soldato
Crashing aside, which API should be used for the best results in an ideal world?

There isn't much in it performance wise on my gtx 1080 and 9700k. Slightly higher framerate on the dx12.

Newest nvidia driver has much better framerate than the one i had previous which was about 2 months old.

I have been playing dx12 today and didn't have any random crashes like i was getting on vulkan.

Both api give me instant crash if I ult tab to desktop.

Edit: I just read my crash to desktop every time is probably because im running desktop in 4k 60hz and game in 1440p 120hz. This game doesn't like that.

Last edited:
Soldato
DX12 for me.

I'm now on the second part of the prologue. I've done all the side quests and 99.9% of the main quests (hence the 2nd part of the prologue) and the game still says I've only done 77% of the game.

Last edited:
Soldato
DX12 for me.

I'm now on the second part of the prologue. I've done all the side quests and 99.9% of the main quests (hence the 2nd part of the prologue) and the game still says I've only done 64% of the game.

ive done all the prologue but ive not dont many of the side quests. im a bit gutted its come to a end. i wish there were story line dlc's. from looking about to complete 100% its all hunting, fishing and finding things. which makes me not want to bother anymore.

but as i type this the new update has just finshed and im not sure what that brings. tryied to load rdr2 and its says. please update the drivers.. i thought i was on the newest

Edit just installed the newest drivers from nvidia. 442.19 and then tried to load the game again with the error saying i need 442.29 and i need to go to the nvidia site... wtf... game works anyway tho

Last edited:
Associate
ive done all the prologue but ive not dont many of the side quests. im a bit gutted its come to a end. i wish there were story line dlc's. from looking about to complete 100% its all hunting, fishing and finding things. which makes me not want to bother anymore.

but as i type this the new update has just finshed and im not sure what that brings. tryied to load rdr2 and its says. please update the drivers.. i thought i was on the newest

Edit just installed the newest drivers from nvidia. 442.19 and then tried to load the game again with the error saying i need 442.29 and i need to go to the nvidia site... wtf... game works anyway tho

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4994

its a hotfix

Soldato
any quick way to get going online?

seem im totaly rubbish. no guns and no cash. im getting one shotted all the time. even getting set on fire by guns....

HEEEEELP!

im online now if anyone wants to help me? game name is hoovershoover

can we just rob people or trains like a mission???

Soldato

Yea. Ignore that error. There is no driver more recent than 442.19 and it works just fine when you press the OK button.

Soldato
any quick way to get going online?

seem im totaly rubbish. no guns and no cash. im getting one shotted all the time. even getting set on fire by guns....

HEEEEELP!

im online now if anyone wants to help me? game name is hoovershoover

can we just rob people or trains like a mission???

Run through the story missions online.

They are the yellow letters on the map example MB.

Buy ya self a rolling block rifle with a short sight and a pump action shotgun and you should be good to go.

If ya can pop on every day and do one daily mission to help get gold multiplier up.

Soldato
Run through the story missions online.

They are the yellow letters on the map example MB.

Buy ya self a rolling block rifle with a short sight and a pump action shotgun and you should be good to go.

If ya can pop on every day and do one daily mission to help get gold multiplier up.

Ok cheers for that. Total noob for online. I just seem to get shot all the time at the moment hahaha. I'll be wondering around totally lost, accept a invite, then it's like quake 3 arena and I've died 6 times before I know where to look. Then I have people spawning in and there shooting me, I cant kill them because of the few second invincible thing.

That was in possie up. It's whacky and different every time I've had a go

Soldato
Does anyone know if there will be another pass to buy when this pass runs out in 2 weeks.

Also message to anyone else playing online it's worth saving up the 40 gold bars to buy the pass before it runs out as it gives you the 40 gold straight back plus tons of other stuff.

Soldato
I'm really confused by the online portion of this game.

I started playing it yesterday and I'm riding about speaking to people and ding missions...

But I paused the game and one of the menu options is other game modes, moonshiners, bounty etc... I'm completely lost as to what is going on.

Are these game modes?

I actually haven't met any online players yet, dispute playing 'online'.

Back
Top Bottom