• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
If it's another stagnant generation I am just going to play my older games,and play Cyberpunk 2077 on lower settings. The mainstream needs more performance,and if things don't improve enough in the next 2 to 3 years,I might just get my first console to play AAA games,and keep my PC upgraded on and off for older titles.

We are already called "PC peasants"
yup, £450 is the sweet spot for a 2080ti performance card, the problem is with the likelihood of very low stock on all fronts i have a feeling we wont see realistic rrp prices for months after release, back to crypto mining prices or worse even.

If any of the 3 different "leaks" regarding Nvidia cards is true, 2080Ti perf card from Nvidia won't be cheap especially bellow the price of the consoles because is too expensive to make.
Those APUs on the consoles are 360mm2 (Xbox X Series, the PS5 would be even smaller), less than half the size of the rumoured (from 700mm2 to 900mm2 according to leaks) Nvidia cards and include I/O die and 8 cores Zen 2 CPU (and both with SMT) in that 360mm2 or less!!!!! Even if NV tries to shrink the 2080Ti/2080S it results to over 520mm2 chip.

I feel Nvidia is caught with the pants down like Intel did.

Associate
im sure from a technical standpoint when you look at the numbers its impressive, but amd's pr department yet again have dropped the ball by releasing a demo that looks horrid. yes the starwars one was running at 24fps or whatever but it looked good, this on the other hand looks like some sort of cgi thing knocked up a 20 years ago in the old demo scene for home brew cgi.
I have to agree it looks dreadful. I haven't seen a promo video or showcase as bad as that in a very long time. I'm amazed they allowed anyone to see it never mind everyone!

Associate
£400 2080ti performance works, there's no way the developed World will be able to afford anything more in the next 12 months. When people will die for toilet paper a GPU seems pretty frivolous.

With AMD powering the graphics in the new XBOX SX and PS5 I'm starting to think the stars are aligning for an AMD comeback with RDNA2.
Strategically moving their pieces into place to push and bridge their new architecture cross all platforms.

That demo wasn't the best though, it has to be said.

Soldato
With AMD powering the graphics in the new XBOX SX and PS5 I'm starting to think the stars are aligning for an AMD comeback with RDNA2.
Strategically moving their pieces into place to push and bridge their new architecture cross all platforms.

That demo wasn't the best though, it has to be said.

heheh

2080Ti rendered the scene at 40 microseconds at 2560x1440 using the regular pass through method. Xbox rendered it at 100 microseconds at 4K.
However the Xbox delivered faster render times even at 4K than the 2080Ti.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
wccftech strikes again.

Here is what I do know:
  • AMD's RDNA 2 Next-Generation GPU architecture for Radeon is not the same as the XSX or the Sony PS5. The semi-custom implementation is a different architecture as the one soon to be featured in the upcoming Radeon GPUs.
What I do not know right now:
  • Difference between the RDNA2 implementation in next-gen consoles and in upcoming Radeon cards. (While my source did not explicitly state as such, the implication in the conversation was that the Radeon-based RDNA2 will be superior.)

so its not the same but doesnt know how its not the same. talk about making stuff up for clicks.

Associate
AMD’s GPU IP Stolen, Includes RDNA 2 Navi 21, RDNA 1 Navi 10 & Xbox Series X ‘Adren’ GPU – Hacker Threatens To Leak Out Source Code To Everyone For Free

https://wccftech.com/amds-gpu-ip-st...to-leak-out-source-code-to-everyone-for-free/

Taken from a completely unprotected server, Ouch.

Doesn't appear to be much going by their statement.

"...we believe the stolen graphics IP is not core to the competitiveness or security of our graphics products."

https://www.amd.com/en/corporate/data-update

Associate
I wonder who would stand to benefit from 'arranging' for this hack to take place? :rolleyes::D

I hope whoever was responsible enjoys their jail time, after all, attempting to extort $100 million isn't exactly a petty crime.

bru

bru

Soldato
I wonder who would stand to benefit from 'arranging' for this hack to take place? :rolleyes::D

I hope whoever was responsible enjoys their jail time, after all, attempting to extort $100 million isn't exactly a petty crime.

Try reading the article the hacker isn't asking for $100 million, that was her estimated worth of the files taken.

As for who would benefit, well right now Intel seem to need it the most. :p:D:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom