Epic Games Store now open!

Associate
You do realise which thread you're posting in, right? This thread is about Epic, not other key sites. And besides, The Division 2 isn't even on Steam.
you get games at a good price from where ever you can. I imagine that there are others like me that now have accounts at: GOG; EPIC; & Steam, and sometimes buy the games from other retailers to play on them accounts.

I got an EPIC account to play Pheonix Point (the xcom type game that has come out on EPIC first).

Soldato
you get games at a good price from where ever you can. I imagine that there are others like me that now have accounts at: GOG; EPIC; & Steam, and sometimes buy the games from other retailers to play on them accounts.

I got an EPIC account to play Pheonix Point (the xcom type game that has come out on EPIC first).

This is also now out on Xbox Game Pass for PC and I`m glad it is as it only cost me £1 to play it and glad I didnt pay full price for it as it quickly gets samey.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato

Lol that was good for a chuckle, I might look up and watch the whole keynote...

"the industry needs to move away from a 'customer adverserial model' to maintain trust of its audience"

Didn't he also make this big point when EGS launched about how he felt that being the best distribution platform was entirely about appealing to the developers with his 88/12 thing and that justified not trying to do things for the sake of the actual customers buying the games. Seems pretty adverserial...

"I think we will see more publishers move away from lootboxes"

Well duh... regulators and policymakers have started taking an interest in, and cracking down on lootboxes in the last half a year or so, and several of the larger companies have already started dropping them. What brilliant insight

He's then critical of Facebook and Google for trying to force people to pay for their services and the loss of freedom that entails. So... sort of like grabbing up much desired exclusives to force people onto your platform, taking away their freedom to choose where to buy and play their games?

And then goes on to say we should get politics out of gaming because divisiveness is a bad thing in the industry... whilst also being at the helm of the company trying to willfully cause the biggest divide they can by bringing hard exclusivity to the PC?

He's either trolling (yet again) or deluded :rolleyes:

Soldato
Lol that was good for a chuckle, I might look up and watch the whole keynote...

"the industry needs to move away from a 'customer adverserial model' to maintain trust of its audience"

Didn't he also make this big point when EGS launched about how he felt that being the best distribution platform was entirely about appealing to the developers with his 88/12 thing and that justified not trying to do things for the sake of the actual customers buying the games. Seems pretty adverserial...

"I think we will see more publishers move away from lootboxes"

Well duh... regulators and policymakers have started taking an interest in, and cracking down on lootboxes in the last half a year or so, and several of the larger companies have already started dropping them. What brilliant insight

He's then critical of Facebook and Google for trying to force people to pay for their services and the loss of freedom that entails. So... sort of like grabbing up much desired exclusives to force people onto your platform, taking away their freedom to choose where to buy and play their games?

And then goes on to say we should get politics out of gaming because divisiveness is a bad thing in the industry... whilst also being at the helm of the company trying to willfully cause the biggest divide they can by bringing hard exclusivity to the PC?

He's either trolling (yet again) or deluded :rolleyes:
Very much this. Oh and in relation to his problem with FB and Google stealing your privacy, let's not forget the huge data breaches Epic have overseen. And will he still be backing that creative freedom of expression, should someone take aim at the Chinese govt? I think not.

Soldato
Downloading World war Z at 1.9mbps what a pitiful terrible game store. Running some speedtests and downloads on steam uses my full 350mb connection no issues. What a crappy store that deserves to fail.

Soldato
Downloading World war Z at 1.9mbps what a pitiful terrible game store. Running some speedtests and downloads on steam uses my full 350mb connection no issues. What a crappy store that deserves to fail.

Me and my friend have been playing borderlands together me on epic, him on steam.

He keeps disconnecting every time steam goes down last few days, where as epic has been staying online.

Most websites are limiting data now.

Soldato
It was fine for me last week when I downloaded a load of games (new 4TB HDD). Not sure what the actual download speed was, but overall install time ran circles round Steam (which spent a whole night allocating disc space for ~25 games).

As above, could well be the volume of traffic. WWZ is a pretty big giveaway, and an awful lot of people are now confined to their houses.

Soldato
Just started to use Epic store properly and I am shocked in 2020 the client doesn't have a way to limit download limit, having to use Netlimiter to do it

That's pretty bad they don't include one, I hadn't actually noticed until you said.

The only things I don't like is the fps counter and the game reviews.

Soldato
Do people have preferences installing metro exodus from the epic store or from xbox game pass?

Are there any plus or minuses?

The problem with game pass games is they don't install like a normal game. Normally performance is slightly worse on the store versions and also you can't modify any files like installing mods or fixing issues your self.

Also I think games are not permanant on the game pass they might be here today gone tomorrow.

I always get it on epic if I have a choice.

Soldato
Game Pass is more like a library with the games being shuffled every now and again. Some games go (and they give you normally adequate warning) and new games replace them. It does frustrate me that some of the configs aren't available (i.e. Brothers: A tale of two sons) but the more feedback we give them I'm sure it will come.

You can still buy games like you would traditionally with Steam or Epic.

M.

Back
Top Bottom