What Virtual Reality games are you playing?

Associate
I just got round to playing Moss (was in the last VR humble bundle) and I am really impressed with it. Only played an hour so far so no idea how long the game lasts but I thought it looked beautiful and the character and gameplay was superb. Absolute bargain.

Soldato
Alyx of course, but I'm also trying out a lot of older games with my new headset to see how they look at a higher resolution. It's amazing how poor Skyrim looks when it's not blurred out by low resolution and SDE, even fully modded. Games like Lone Echo and In Death really benefit from the higher resolution, but performance takes a hit.

Associate
I've had the Rift S for about two weeks now and about 10 days playing. I think I have most of the top games... Beat Saber, Box VR, Thrill of the Fight, HL: Alyx, Saints & Sinners, Super Hot, Pistol Whip, Boneworks, Robo Recall. Also a couple for our lass... Moss, Down the Rabbit Hole, The Room, Vader I-III.

I pretty much love all of them. Not too sure about Boneworks yet. Rob Recall is my go to fave and would love more like this.

What I'd really love to see is a Western shooter.

I've also just seen the MoH: Above & Beyond preview so looking forward to that.

/a

Soldato
I've had the Rift S for about two weeks now and about 10 days playing. I think I have most of the top games... Beat Saber, Box VR, Thrill of the Fight, HL: Alyx, Saints & Sinners, Super Hot, Pistol Whip, Boneworks, Robo Recall. Also a couple for our lass... Moss, Down the Rabbit Hole, The Room, Vader I-III.

I pretty much love all of them. Not too sure about Boneworks yet. Rob Recall is my go to fave and would love more like this.

What I'd really love to see is a Western shooter.

I've also just seen the MoH: Above & Beyond preview so looking forward to that.

/a

Robo Recall is one of my all time favourite VR games!! It's a shame that they didn't return to it to make a few more levels. And I think you got most of the bases covered, nice list of games.

Do you like Horror games? It might be worth picking up Alien Isolation if you do. You might have it already. There is a mod called Mother's Mod. Look it up, easy to install and really brings the game to life. Be warned though, it's really tense.

There is a VR Cowboy game, Guns and Stories: Bullet Proof. It isn't bad at all. There is also Dead and Buried I and II.

Associate
Not got any of the ones you mention. Will deffo give those a try though.

That is a shame about RR. I'd love more games like this. I was hoping there would be some future DLC!

/a

Associate
Just got a quest on Sunday, really enjoying Beat Saber, Super Hot and Robo Recall.

My cable and extension (5m in total) just arrived to try oculus link, quickly had a go and it worked no problem, loaded up Robo Recall since its a dual purchase and was really impressed at the improvement in graphics / sharpness over the native Quest version. Will have a proper go later since I am meant to be working right now.

Soldato
Just got a quest on Sunday, really enjoying Beat Saber, Super Hot and Robo Recall.

My cable and extension (5m in total) just arrived to try oculus link, quickly had a go and it worked no problem, loaded up Robo Recall since its a dual purchase and was really impressed at the improvement in graphics / sharpness over the native Quest version. Will have a proper go later since I am meant to be working right now.

Watch breakable objects or walls with Robo Recall. I've bashed my controllers more times playing that than in any other game. :eek: :D

Associate
Watch breakable objects or walls with Robo Recall. I've bashed my controllers more times playing that than in any other game. :eek: :D

Haha I can imagine, I am lucky our living room is a big L shape and I have my setup in the corner so have a nice 3m x 3m clear area to use out the way of the main living room space.

My gf is enjoying Beat Saber but is curious why when I replaced my aging laptop with a new desktop for photo editing, I felt the need to make sure it was powerful enough for gaming (have not had a gaming PC in about 10 years).

Soldato
After completing HL: Alyx I'm back to trying out my Oculus games on the Index via Revive.

Unfortunately many have performance issues (despite having a 3900x and a superclocked 1080ti, so I'm having to play with the various settings.

However the games look absolutely beautiful on the Index - so clear - and the controls work surprisingly well. I've played a bit of Lone Echo and it's amazing to see it at high resolution (I just wish I could get it to run smoothly).

Pistol Whip is so much better on the Index than on my Quest. Super smooth, super crisp, and the audio just blows you away.

Robo Recall is actually one of the best looking games that performs really well on the Index, though I have to be careful not to bang the controllers on my attic ceiling, as they're not as robust as my old CV1 touch controllers.

Soldato
I just completed Moss, which was really good fun - and that mouse is just the cutest!

I'm trying to resist Alyx until it's cheaper. I still have most of the games from the recent Hunble VR bundle to play.

Soldato
Eleven Table tennis is incredible :)

The Quest version is great, mainly because you can take it anywhere and play in a space that gives you enough room to properly move around. Plus there are 3D printed paddle attachments which add to the realism. It's a pity that the Quest is limited to 72hz though as you really notice it in this, due to the fast ball movement.

Associate
After completing HL: Alyx I'm back to trying out my Oculus games on the Index via Revive.

Pistol Whip is so much better on the Index than on my Quest. Super smooth, super crisp, and the audio just blows you away.

Robo Recall is actually one of the best looking games that performs really well on the Index, though I have to be careful not to bang the controllers on my attic ceiling, as they're not as robust as my old CV1 touch controllers.

Slightly off-topic but what's the perceived resolution/clarity like on the index vs the CV1 (or did you have the quest?). I'm loving HL:Alyx at the moment but finding the low resolution even though I'm running it on ultra quite off putting in places. I can see what the raw numbers say in terms of res but interested in hearing from someone who's played it on both!

Soldato
Just getting back into ELite Dangerous. I'd forgotten how much time you spend in that game effectively doing nothing. Still amazing in VR though.

Soldato
Which boxing game is the best???? - I'm using a quest but have VD

Thrill of the Fight. Do not play if you are incredibly unfit, or have a heart condition. It's exhausting! Also make sure you use a sweat band or other head covering or rig a fan blowing at your face to prevent your Quest getting too sweaty while playing it. No kidding!

Back
Top Bottom