What Virtual Reality games are you playing?

Soldato
Which boxing game is the best???? - I'm using a quest but have VD

Creed or The Thrill Of the Fight, both work fine with Virtual Desktop if you have a good WIFI connection.

Thrill of the Fight. Do not play if you are incredibly unfit, or have a heart condition. It's exhausting! Also make sure you use a sweat band or other head covering or rig a fan blowing at your face to prevent your Quest getting too sweaty while playing it. No kidding!

Or play it outside like I have done!

Associate
Appears that my first VR game, saints and sinners, spoiled me. I bought skyrimVR, but I can't get to grip with what button does what when, seems like an illogical and inconsistent mess, not helped with being told to "press T to..." etc. I know someone did a graphic showing what does what, but it's not like you can refer to it during the game and having 20 buttons (10 per controller), this frustration is likely going to stop me actually playing the game. Understand that VR was way after the game, and hence controllers are an afterthought....

Sains and sinners was so logical, and really great in comparsion.

Soldato
If you start the mods on Skyrim, then you'll have a better experience. Graphically, but mainly Vrik will up the game.

The latest build of ATS me hooked away from the race track recently. They never mentioned it, but performance and looks seem to have turned the corner for the better. American Truck Sim was always a nice relaxing shot anyway, but now it's matching up as a premium VR experience.

Associate
Echo VR is currently in beta and free- definitely recommend the game. Lots of fun and the gravity/boosters work in VR and don't make you sick!

It's basically the game from Enders game

Associate
Echo VR is currently in beta and free- definitely recommend the game. Lots of fun and the gravity/boosters work in VR and don't make you sick!

It's basically the game from Enders game

I've had a quick game of this on the quest (is it cross vr platform compatible by the way). I was shocked how lack of motion sickness type effects there were.
Not sure I like the game as I just can't seem to turn easily to find things. Then again I only got the quest on Monday :)

Soldato
I've had a quick game of this on the quest (is it cross vr platform compatible by the way). I was shocked how lack of motion sickness type effects there were.
Not sure I like the game as I just can't seem to turn easily to find things. Then again I only got the quest on Monday :)

You can use stick turning if you want instead of physical turning. The reason there's no motion sickness is that by default it always keeps up, 'up', and prevents rotations that could cause sickness. You can turn those safeguards off, but I wouldn't recommend it! Also the fact that most of your movement is controlled physically by your hands helps.

Associate
Just grabbed Pistolwhip with credit I had on the store. It's surprised me with how well it works and feels a bit like a work out :) Definitely gives John Wick vibes and would recommend!

Soldato
Dabbling with GTFO VR mod.

The game is hard as hell, but the mod seems pretty much as good as a full native VR title. Movement and head tracking are both solid, 2 handed weapons are functional, graphically sound, no problems with the UI and interactivity with terminals.

It was a hard one to be on the fence about due to the pick up price, but well worth it if your in to the type of game.

Soldato
Just set up my Rift S last night. I think my first stop will be Alyx, any recommendations appreciated!

After a good Horror game? Maybe a racing game, thinking either Pcars2 or dirt 2.0 for that.

Boneworks and lone echo are ones I'll get later after Alyx, higher priced etc.

Associate
After a good Horror game? Maybe a racing game, thinking either Pcars2 or dirt 2.0 for that.
Although not a obvious horror game subnautica scared the crap out of me - the leviathans are just huge in VR. If youve really got cast iron balls Alien Isolation + mod. For me though it was bad enough on pancake!

Dirt 2.0 and PCars both good in VR. Dirt 2 might give your 1070 a good workout though, certainly Dirt 1.0 made my old 1070 work hard

Associate
Playing The contractors Beta on the Quest, I never expected it to look as good as it does, I’ve about 100 hours on the steam version, but playing wirelessly is amazing.

The Quest is probably the final nail in the coffin as far as my PC is concerned..

Soldato
Although not a obvious horror game subnautica scared the crap out of me - the leviathans are just huge in VR. If youve really got cast iron balls Alien Isolation + mod. For me though it was bad enough on pancake!

Dirt 2.0 and PCars both good in VR. Dirt 2 might give your 1070 a good workout though, certainly Dirt 1.0 made my old 1070 work hard

Thanks for this I'll take a look! Dreadhalls looks good if a bit old now? Early VR title I think.

Playing Alyx at the moment and I'm absolutely blown away by it tbh. The level of detail is incredible

Soldato
The Titantic VR Demo on steam is quite creepy, mainly down to the darkness, sense of scale etc.

If looking for great VR titles then Beat Saber, Robo Recall and Moss, there are so many good titles now :)

For immersion Project cars, lapping circuits with 10+ other cars bumper to bumper in a thunder storm with wheel and peddle setup, great experience, then if you have a HOTAS Elite Dangerous is very polished in VR.

Associate
Playing The contractors Beta on the Quest, I never expected it to look as good as it does, I’ve about 100 hours on the steam version, but playing wirelessly is amazing.

The Quest is probably the final nail in the coffin as far as my PC is concerned..

I'm loving contractors at the moment! Been playing a mix of quest and oculus link, whilst I prefer the sharper res on the pc version playing wirelessly on the quest is a game changer as someone who don't us VD...Looking forward to trying Onward out in a few weeks!

Back
Top Bottom