Amazon Prime sucks massive donkey balls

Associate
I've had a few deliveries delayed, some by quite some time and have had a one turn up quicker than expected. I'm not worrying too much about it due to the current situation, I suppose it is possible they've reduced staff levels, probably not but you never know.

Soldato
They won't cancel my order and I ordered from
Somewhere looks like I will just have to return which ever turns up last..
Coming tomorrow now, 33 days earlier than expected . Just need to cancel the other order but they aren't cancelling items currently

Soldato
Like netflix, surprising Amazon have not officially said - due to covid , and fulfillment + delivery staff isolation, usual delivery targets are off.

https://blog.aboutamazon.co.uk/amaz...ommunities-and-customers-affected-by-covid-19
To recognise the contribution our employees in the UK are making, we will be adding an additional £2 per hour worked from now through to the end of April. This is on top of our current starting rate of £10.50 for the London area, and £9.50 for the rest of the UK.

Soldato
Needed to contact amazon about returning a failing smart hub 5 months old,
the ony mechanism appears to be having an online chat session, or, a callback. ...a chat resolved the problem and they authorized a return

BUT - I had thought they had a email type messaging system, where I could upload a picture and describe the problem, but I could not find it ?

Commissario
I've been ordering stuff as normal, when I place the order, I generally get a delivery date that's a few days longer than I'd expect but without exception, I've always had notification the following morning telling me that the item is out for delivery.

So Prime is still running next day for me.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Are we still allowed to order normal stuff (electrical items or footballs) off Amazon prime or not though ?

I spoke to them on chat this morning, and they said they were not accepting any orders on items other than essentials or food & medicine

Soldato
Are we still allowed to order normal stuff (electrical items or footballs) off Amazon prime or not though ?

I spoke to them on chat this morning, and they said they were not accepting any orders on items other than essentials or food & medicine

If it lets you, then why not? i'm sure they'd not let you buy it if they didn't want you to.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
If it lets you, then why not? i'm sure they'd not let you buy it if they didn't want you to.

Yeah, did figure as much otherwise why is everything else still listed, but the Amazon chat desk guy was pretty adamant they were not accepting any other orders other than essentials.

Soldato
Yeah, did figure as much otherwise why is everything else still listed, but the Amazon chat desk guy was pretty adamant they were not accepting any other orders other than essentials.

From what I read they weren't re-stocking non-essential stuff as much, but if they had in stock they were still shipping.

Sounds like Amazon guy didn't know what they were talking about! :D

Caporegime

I ordered a dyson yesterday and got it. Not sure if that counts as essential?

Associate
I've order a couple dozen things over the past 2 weeks, none can be described as 'essential'. A load of dog grooming stuff (clippers, scissors, blades, combs, grooming table), headphone hanger, iPhone case, oh so many things I forget. All turned up within specified period - mostly next day. Some things are still outstanding though and have delivery dates from end of April to mid-may. Not complaining about those at all. They don't take any signatures so stuff gets left at your front door, one box got tossed to me from 6ft away lol.

Back
Top Bottom