Monzo/Starling Banking/Revolut

Commissario
This'll be interesting to see. Although I forwarded my new bank details to work, they forgot to change them in time for this month. I know I'll still receive the money because of how the system works but I wonder if Monzo will know about the transaction today and offer it to me early. I have a sneaking suspicion it won't.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
This'll be interesting to see. Although I forwarded my new bank details to work, they forgot to change them in time for this month. I know I'll still receive the money because of how the system works but I wonder if Monzo will know about the transaction today and offer it to me early. I have a sneaking suspicion it won't.

It usually appears greyed out in the feed if it's a known payment.

Man of Honour
I can see my salary coming into my Monzo account, I knew there wouldn't be an issue however it's always reassuring to see. I'd actually updated HR with the new details so it's not a payment that's been sent in from my old bank and forwarded. I do know that works though as an expense payment sent to the old account appeared on my Monzo.

Soldato
Does anyone know how Starling's overdraft eligibility works? I've never seen a prompt from them so I guess it runs in the background? Do you 'apply' by simply tapping onto it?

Man of Honour
Completed a full switch from Starling to Monzo on Tuesday just in time for payday today and all my bills coming out. So far Monzo seems much more structured in terms of knowing what's going where when and being able to build a semi budget by moving bill money into pots without having to go full granular budgeting.

Man of Honour
Is receiving international payments still flakey? I have a shares option with my employer and they're paid out from the US. I'm wondering if it's worth setting up another UK bank account that lets me receive international payments without issue.

Commissario
Right, I've just taken my salary a day early.

I guess the salary sorter is useless at this stage because it doesn't know how much to move into my bills pot because I don't have the history of previous transactions as there haven't been any. I can't go and look at my old statement because my old account is closed now.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Right, I've just taken my salary a day early.

I guess the salary sorter is useless at this stage because it doesn't know how much to move into my bills pot because I don't have the history of previous transactions as there haven't been any. I can't go and look at my old statement because my old account is closed now.

Personally I still keep a basic spreadsheet with income and outgoings. With this I can see on pay day where money should go using the salary sorter. I like having that control.

Permabanned
So just fallen out with Monzo, I paid for something online for £35, authorised it with the app/pin code and a couple of hours later noticed it had been taken twice. I went on the chat and they said it can happen and to take it up with the merchant. How can a merchant just take another payment without authorisation, makes no sense to me but Monzo say it’s fine.

Which is better Revolut or Starling?

Associate
If the merchant requested it twice then surely blame them rather than the bank?
I don't get requests to authorise all of my online purchases, tends to be when I shop with somewhere I haven't been before.

Soldato
So just fallen out with Monzo, I paid for something online for £35, authorised it with the app/pin code and a couple of hours later noticed it had been taken twice. I went on the chat and they said it can happen and to take it up with the merchant. How can a merchant just take another payment without authorisation, makes no sense to me but Monzo say it’s fine.

Which is better Revolut or Starling?

Will probably get ‘returned’ its doubtful its gone out twice but merely marked twice.

Back
Top Bottom