The Last of Us Part II

Caporegime
He got to the end, fell silent and took the disc out and started cutting it up, didnt seem that busy in the stream, think he was a Korean streamer, but funny to watch. Angry Joe also go to a point he just handed the controller to his friend and stopped playing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t3MjhiAMEQ

Is he sad? upset? or just too emotional?

They must have done something right if it could trigger that strong an emotion.

or the game just that bad?!

V F

V F

Soldato
Is he sad? upset? or just too emotional?

They must have done something right if it could trigger that strong an emotion.

or the game just that bad?!

What was odd that guy showed no emotion nor said anything, not even a sigh. Nothing. Looked around then got a scissors which seems very bizarre.

Soldato
What was odd that guy showed no emotion nor said anything, not even a sigh. Nothing. Looked around then got a scissors which seems very bizarre.
It was the end of the stream. He watched the ending and just went angry silent then cut up the discs.

Soldato
Sign of a good game. Not every story has an happy ending.

Have some common sense and spoiler the rest of your post. I've played the game but others haven't and its not exactly rocket science to guess.

Others in this thread have been just as bad. We get some of you don't like the story or the direction it's taken but don't spoil it for others just for the sake of it we have spoilers tags for this very reason. Would suggest a separate story/spoiler discussion thread if you can't control yourselves.

Caporegime
Have some common sense and spoiler the rest of your post. I've played the game but others haven't and its not exactly rocket science to guess.

Others in this thread have been just as bad. We get some of you don't like the story or the direction it's taken but don't spoil it for others just for the sake of it we have spoilers tags for this very reason. Would suggest a separate story/spoiler discussion thread if you can't control yourselves.

"Please put it under spoilers" would suffice.

Soldato

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...spoiler-and-story-discussion-thread.18891004/

As per request, I'm not a fan of the story myself but it isn't fair that people are posting stuff which could ruin it for those that enjoy it.

"Please put it under spoilers" would suffice.

Sometimes people get a tad passionate and post without realising I think.

V F

V F

Soldato
I've been reading some stuff on Reddit, no spoiler stuff but I don't know how you describe it but some of it is really funny. Funny weird to the extent I don't see passion. It's like that reaction that went crazy all over the world for that Jesus film many years ago? Remember? Even when the churches were up in arms. It's like that reaction for this game that I've never seen for any other game of the past.

Was it The Passion of Christ?

Soldato
I've been reading some stuff on Reddit, no spoiler stuff but I don't know how you describe it but some of it is really funny. Funny weird to the extent I don't see passion. It's like that reaction that went crazy all over the world for that Jesus film many years ago? Remember? Even when the churches were up in arms. It's like that reaction for this game that I've never seen for any other game of the past.

Was it The Passion of Christ?

I would say it is passion, just to a disturbing level you can't personally relate to for whatever reason.

I find it a bit freaky myself, I'm not a fan of this game but the lengths some are going to is a bit.. much?

V F

V F

Soldato
I would say it is passion, just to a disturbing level you can't personally relate to for whatever reason.

I find it a bit freaky myself, I'm not a fan of this game but the lengths some are going to is a bit.. much?

To be honest, I've seen something similar in The Division community but not to these levels. It's weird. The passion is good but too many go on like they've just had organs taken without their consent for this game. Mainly talking of Reddit what I've seen.

Here is pretty tame compared to there.

Soldato
To be honest, I've seen something similar in The Division community but not to these levels. It's weird. The passion is good but too many go on like they've just had organs taken without their consent for this game.

Some people put huge amounts of themselves into their hobbies at times, and I think that's become a tad more extreme of late where people haven't been able to leave home or take part in their normal social activities.

V F

V F

Soldato
The other part that I find sickening is the obsession that they're going on a crusade to hammer the reviews further below 3.3 across the web that is taking place. That's disturbing.

Soldato
The other part that I find sickening is the obsession that they're going on a crusade to hammer the reviews further below 3.3 across the web that is taking place. That's disturbing.

I reviewed the game on Meta' myself, and I did give it a lowish score of 5 - 10 which given my concerns I felt was fair. I'm not a fan of the gameplay in either game, so going into it I held that in mind. I dislike the story of the game and I used that as a disclaimer. The visuals are beautiful however, the voice acting and soundtrack are great, the gameplay isn't something I think is fair for me to rate given my opinion. I think I gave it a fair score with those things in mind, while I don't agree with 10/10 scores as to me that's claiming a game is perfect, I equally disagree with scores of 1/10 as it's simply unfair to the artists and programmers who built the game. If I were to rate purely on visuals and audio it would be an easy 8/10 for me.

Last edited:
Soldato

It’s equally as embarrassing that Sony have shown the same trait by “encouraging” the media to give the game perfect “masterpiece” scores. It’s a real eye-opener that the majority of these so called experts are so obviously immoral shills.

I suppose the stalwart defenders here will just claim that 34,000 people are part of some conspiracy to downvote the game, rather than perhaps a clear indication that the game is FAR from perfect and actually has some quite obvious failings.

Soldato
Has anyone mentioned to OTT use of film grain? It's bloody awful and you can't turn it off and annoying the hell out of me :mad:

They will probably add a toggle patch when I have finished and sold it :D

Associate
It’s equally as embarrassing that Sony have shown the same trait by “encouraging” the media to give the game perfect “masterpiece” scores. It’s a real eye-opener that the majority of these so called experts are so obviously immoral shills.

I suppose the stalwart defenders here will just claim that 34,000 people are part of some conspiracy to downvote the game, rather than perhaps a clear indication that the game is FAR from perfect and actually has some quite obvious failings.

Ya, 34k people "review bombed" it because this game will win GOTY. I can't wait for the foaming at the mouth of these individuals. The story is polarising, we've seen as much with actual reviews. That's ok though, not everyone is going to enjoy it. To review bomb a game based on the story though, lol? This game is in a class of its own when it comes to everything else.

Soldato
Ya, 34k people "review bombed" it because this game will win GOTY. I can't wait for the foaming at the mouth of these individuals. The story is polarising, we've seen as much with actual reviews. That's ok though, not everyone is going to enjoy it. To review bomb a game based on the story though, lol? This game is in a class of its own when it comes to everything else.

If you're happy that this game might win "GOTY" you are part of the problem. If you think an entire 34K negative reviews are entirely nonsensical I have something to tell you bud, I think you need some help.

I'm not even against it as a whole, but it absolutely does not deserve the perfect scores it got.

Not even close.

But hey, I expect journalists to be objective.

It's a shame they always show otherwise.

Soldato
Not read any of these comments as I don't want to accidentally read anything spoliery.

But I'm currently at "the 2nd time you go to the theater" and I'm not seeing anything (so far) that would make me cry about a fictional thing that happens to fictional characters in a fictional setting so much that would make me want to go online and cry about it to anyone who'll listen.

Thoroughly enjoying the game. Playing on 4/5 difficulty for my 1st go.

Although the sections with dogs can go suck a big fat one.
Not a fan of killing animals in games and also being able to see your scent trail is a gameplay step too far I think.

GOTY? I dunno.
It's still early :)

Right now, I give it a classic IGN style 8.5/10

Back
Top Bottom