** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
I keep hearing mid July, Samsung site says now, my pre order elsewhere said June 30th, so in theory anytime form now until end of next month

Associate
I keep hearing mid July, Samsung site says now, my pre order elsewhere said June 30th, so in theory anytime form now until end of next month

I bundled mine in with my order for a full new PC build. Literally waiting on this now before the whole thing ships lol.

Ah well, my own fault really.

Soldato
Tried asking for an official release date via the live chat on the Samsung site, but that just decided to finish with "try again later."

Do hope it releases on the third though.

Associate
First post although been about a 15 year lurker!

Most likely going to pre order the G9 in the next week or so. Am coming from a 24" 1080p 60Hz so looking forward to the huge step up. Built the PC in my sig last week but carried over the graphics card from the last build. Assuming the 1080 is going to struggle a bit with the higher res of the G9? Holding on for the next generation RTX but any guesses as to how bad it will be in the meantime? Main reason for upgrading the monitor is that I was going to go triples primarily for sim racing. Wife thinks that will look ridiculous in the office so its a no-go but can get away with this.. just....;):D

Associate
Probably won't be as bad as you might think, I suppose it depends on what titles you mainly play. The likes of ACC will be harder to push at the G9 native res than say RaceRoom Experience. Looking forward to getting mine for sim racing too, wife doesn't know its arriving though! I've measured up my desk and it will fit but hoping the 1000R curve will make it look at little less massive.

Associate
Assuming the 1080 is going to struggle a bit with the higher res of the G9? Holding on for the next generation RTX but any guesses as to how bad it will be in the meantime?
well its 3.5 times more pixels to drive, almost 4k resolution. You can see in reviews how 1080 copes with that. Hint, not well. Plus, you would like to drive it up to 4 times harder still to get advantage from 240hz.
Settings will have to be lowered a lot

Associate
Just preorderd my 27" G7, can't wait to try it. As someone who can't stand anything IPS I look forward to trying a legit, fast VA panel it's shaping up to be the perfect all round monitor so far.

Associate
Wonder why there's only G7's with reviews in the west?
Is it coming out earlier than the G9 or something?
I pre-ordered the G9 and want a review I can understand :p

Associate
Ah nice, what sort of FPS would I be looking at on games like Overwatch amd Destiny 2? Would it be similar to how they perform in 4k or 1440p? I understand it's more pixels to generate is all.

Associate
if your pc cant run games at 5120x1440 you can easily push the res down to 3440x1440 with no scaling issues.
however if thats what youre gonna do most of the time then just by a 3440x1440 monitor.

Back
Top Bottom