** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
I'm eyeing up the G9 for sim racing too, the curvature looks epic and very immersive. Kind of torn as I really like my Alienware 32" ultrawide that I bought only last November. Hopefully there are no major QC issues with the G9.

Soldato
At first, I'd dismissed this due to being VA, then I saw this:

qNmRHAI.jpg

Look at the lack of trailing. This is of the 32inch variant. Now, of course, there could be other transitions with some issues that this UFO test doesn't reveal but this is promising. I also found -> this Chinese review <- that further made it seems like this is the VA panel we have all been waiting for. This is of the 27 inch variant. Look at around 7:31 mark for what I think is the complete transition table.

Associate
I'd still love a confirmed date, my pre order from elsewhere said Jun 30 but other sites say July

The curve does look severe, main reason I'm ordering it as I'd like to experience something truelly different, my 34 ultra is curved but you'd be hard pressed to notice

Soldato
I'd still love a confirmed date, my pre order from elsewhere said Jun 30 but other sites say July

The curve does look severe, main reason I'm ordering it as I'd like to experience something truelly different, my 34 ultra is curved but you'd be hard pressed to notice

I've seen on retailer here in DK saying 7th of Juli while most others here are saying somewhere after 26th of Juli.

Soldato
Looking forward to the 32" G7, had mine on pre order for a few weeks now, was given a date of the 3rd but I'd imagine it will be by the end of July realistically, hopefully sooner!

Associate

I pre ordered mine June 10th (32") and has said delivery date of July 3rd since ordering

Associate
Measured contrast doesn't seem great, 1500:1 would produce grey blacks in a dark room and dark scenes. I guess though this monitor is geard towards competitive play.

Soldato
Just pre-ordered the 32". Looking forward to trying such a curved screen and something other than IPS for once. Plus, a refresh rate that is higher than 60Hz! My use will be mostly watching football, some office work from home and a LOT of gaming. All of these will be done from my desk and not much further off. Any occasional side use with stuff like photoshop is not professional so colour reproduction isn't too important. :)

A review of the 32 for anyone interested.

Soldato
looking to get monitor this seems to tick the boxes wanting 32inch will wait for some more reviews wonder what the Refresh Rate range is

Back
Top Bottom