Dr. Disrespect permanently banned from Twitch

Associate
did this guy make one map or not? one entire map? what was his actual job title in the company?

He was involved in the process of building multiple maps for Advanced Warfare. This might surprise you, but a developer working on AAA titles will have multiple people working on each aspect of the game, and they won't be working in isolation.

Quite obvious you don't like the guy and that's fine, but suggesting that he's clueless when it comes to aspects of the game development process is ridiculous.

Caporegime
many of the greatest maps for the source engine games were not created by professional developers, you do get that?

So what's you actual argument here?

You seem to be jumping back and forth from "hes not a professional so his opinion doesnt count"

To "the most successful maps for one of the most successful competitive games weren't made by professionals so his professional status means his opinion doesnt count"

Man of Honour
No, but it does mean he has a hell of a lot more insight that pretty much anyone on this forum, and most other high profile streamers into the game design process, including the balancing process. Balance and map design are not independent of eachother.

There are several people on these forums who work in game development professionally who probably know a lot more than he does.

While I haven't worked professionally in that field since early 2000s I'm a capable games programmer (see my recent Quake 2 RTX mod for instance https://steamcommunity.com/app/1089130/discussions/0/2262438048216083234/ ) and have more than 20 years level design experience as well as having over 20 years of gaming experience. While game balance isn't something I've focussed on I highly doubt he has a hell of a lot more insight than I do.

Soldato
twitch itself should be banned permanently. its a platform full of weird people who do nothing but crave attention and have mental breakdowns when they get banned. a prime example is the "safety council" they came up with and that weird girl who thinks shes a deer. how is that safe or healthy for anyone.

V F

V F

Soldato
twitch itself should be banned permanently. its a platform full of weird people who do nothing but crave attention and have mental breakdowns when they get banned. a prime example is the "safety council" they came up with and that weird girl who thinks shes a deer. how is that safe or healthy for anyone.

Goes to show what you know. Twitch isn't full of attention seekers and smut. There's a lot of educational streams, sports streams, tech channels. In your view because of a few bad apples the whole thing should be shutdown?

You only ever hear of the bad. There are programmers, designers, 3d Modellers that teach and show their techniques and skills on twitch. As well as concept artists.

Soldato
Goes to show what you know.

I know enough to form my own opinion. the few "bad apples" you refer to are the some of the top streamers who use twitch as a platform.

how many streamers in recent years have been accused of crimes and shutdown because of other streamers with no proof. or committed suicide or have been swatted.

twitch is the platform that enables people to behave like this.

V F

V F

Soldato
I know enough to form my own opinion. the few "bad apples" you refer to are the some of the top streamers who use twitch as a platform.

how many streamers in recent years have been accused of crimes and shutdown because of other streamers with no proof. or committed suicide or have been swatted.

twitch is the platform that enables people to behave like this.

Well they should be dealt with accordingly. Not make decent educational streamers suffer because of people like the obnoxious ones. You seem to be the type that thinks when one or two persons is bad, all are bad, therefor shut it down.

Even though it wont be shutdown, as it's money at the end of the day. Don't be a Keith Vaz.

Soldato

I agree with your sentiment that they're weirdo's, but if you ban them then you've become them

Permabanned
The goalposts have moved too much IMO... MethodJosh is basically being made out to be the Jimmy Saville of Twitch... I found his streams funny but never once laughed at JS.

Man of Honour
Goes to show what you know. Twitch isn't full of attention seekers and smut. There's a lot of educational streams, sports streams, tech channels. In your view because of a few bad apples the whole thing should be shutdown?

You only ever hear of the bad. There are programmers, designers, 3d Modellers that teach and show their techniques and skills on twitch. As well as concept artists.

This to be honest, there are many streams, including an extremely good stream with a woman who is an expert in physics and gives really good lessons on it. Twitch is much more than just loud obnoxious guys and asian girls dancing semi naked. Its like judging all tv documentaries by Curse of Oak Island and Ancient Aliens because they are well known.

Caporegime
He was involved in the process of building multiple maps for Advanced Warfare. This might surprise you, but a developer working on AAA titles will have multiple people working on each aspect of the game, and they won't be working in isolation.

Quite obvious you don't like the guy and that's fine, but suggesting that he's clueless when it comes to aspects of the game development process is ridiculous.
got nothing against the guy just don't see how he would know intricate details about game development from working one time on a few maps and being a community manger.

I don't really care about streamers, I find it hard enough to play games my self, never mind watching someone else play them.

of course I know who the DR is I wouldn't be surprised if he was more well known than most so called "celebrities"

but with these people there's always a lot of hero worship, it's like people think they are gods for the most part they don't know more about gaming than the average enthusiast which a lot of people on this forum will be.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom