Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
I’m not concerned about 5G at all.

Unlike going from 2g to 3G and 3G to 4g there really isn’t anything that is limited by the bandwidth available on 4g.

I’d rather areas of poor coverage are addressed then the companies focusing on things like MMwave. I get there are capacity advantages for the networks but for the end users the actual tangible benefits of 5G are very limited.

Soldato
5G IMO is all about the future. If we could get full coverage of high-speed 4G in the UK, that would cover whatever anyone is really wanting to do on a mobile device. I get that the whole idea of your mobile doing gigabit speeds sounds exciting, but the vast majority simply don't need such things and would be better off with the additional battery life and mobile coverage.

Soldato
How is everyone that got the new SE getting on with it?
I feel my 6s is getting a bit old now, seems a bit laggy from time to time, although not sure that's the phone or if its Apple slowing it down or its all in my head..

Caporegime
How is everyone that got the new SE getting on with it?
I feel my 6s is getting a bit old now, seems a bit laggy from time to time, although not sure that's the phone or if its Apple slowing it down or its all in my head..
My mums partner got one a couple of days ago. He also upgraded from a 6s. I have been setting it all up for him and using it quite a bit out of interest. For the money, I think it’s a great phone. I can barely tell any difference between the SE and my 11 in speed terms, the screen is very good for that price level, the camera is excellent and the phone itself is very well designed and ergonomic. Nicer to hold than my 11. Don’t think you can go wrong for the money mate. You’ll barely be able to tell the difference between it and full fat iPhone for general usage. Apple have pulled off a little gem.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

latest rumours suggest same notch size, no 120hz and a smaller battery....

What a disgrace from apple really, this has ****** me off.

Commissario
I don't give a hoot about the screen refresh rate and I keep hearing talk of a smaller battery.

I'm not saying this will be the case but what if the battery is smaller but it lasts longer? What if Apple have some more battery saving techniques that we're not aware of yet that increase battery life, even with a smaller battery.

Would that be bad?

Rather than it all be doom and gloom, let's see what's actually announced.

As for the notch, it's like the bezel on the iMac, I don't even notice it any more.

Soldato
I think I can solve the problem with the screen, I just won't look at it. I'll stick to the iPad and Apple Watch as much as I can.

Soldato
Small battery might not be an issue, if they are using better tech and smaller process chips etc, that in turn uses less power, so they keep the same battery and increase life or do they make it lighter but still keep the same life as the outgoing models.
Its a tough call and I can see the argument for both sides..

Soldato
Small battery might not be an issue, if they are using better tech and smaller process chips etc, that in turn uses less power, so they keep the same battery and increase life or do they make it lighter but still keep the same life as the outgoing models.
Its a tough call and I can see the argument for both sides..

In that case though i think i'd like to see the battery kept the same size to increase usage time, rather than keeping the shelf life steady.

I'm looking forward to the small version of the Iphone 12. The 5S was the ideal size/shape for me.

Associate

What a disgrace from apple really, this has ****** me off.
Why do mad lol

I personally didn’t buy into the notch rumours the size that was being proposed just didn’t make sense imo

120hz they’re waiting for LTPO.

Battery yeah even with a more efficient processor I don’t think they should be shrinking the battery especially with 5G.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

I don't give a hoot about the screen refresh rate and I keep hearing talk of a smaller battery.

I'm not saying this will be the case but what if the battery is smaller but it lasts longer? What if Apple have some more battery saving techniques that we're not aware of yet that increase battery life, even with a smaller battery.

Would that be bad?

Rather than it all be doom and gloom, let's see what's actually announced.

As for the notch, it's like the bezel on the iMac, I don't even notice it any more.

i care about screen refresh rate, especially after using a couple 120hz android devices and the ipad pro, it makes a huge difference imo.

id have no issues if battery life increases, but that seems quite doubtful given the smaller battery and 5G. However I guess this isn’t as big an issue anymore as there is no 120hz display which for sure would have made battery life significantly worse despite the improvements in the A14.

as for the notch, the things just ugly and ruins the aesthetic for me, the leaked notch design was much better than this current one, especially for 2020.

the real issue here is just that there’s no real reason to pick a 12 over an 11 as its near identical and cheaper

Soldato
A smaller battery will literally be a few grams difference, it wouldn’t even register the device is lighter it makes that little difference. The pro is heavy because it’s made from stainless steal and not a light aluminium alloy.

The bigger the battery, the better. More standby and screen on time and less battery cycles meaning it will just last longer. It’s win win win.

Associate
I presume last years models will be discontinued when this years lineup releases.

I hate my 11 Pros weight.
I’d happily go back to aluminium.

But yeah as much as the 5.4” iPhone is tempting me I’m gonna sit this one out.

Soldato
I was thinking the new SE2, but if the 12 is smaller but with a larger screen, I would miss the home button though, really dont like the missing button..

Soldato
I miss having tap to wake.

It’s annoying pressing the home button to wake the screen as it tries to register your finger print, don’t know why they couldn’t include tap to wake anyway.

Back
Top Bottom