Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
What’s the recommended headset for the xbox series X,

Was using my AirPod pro as I had sold my other headset but naturally want something dedicated for it.

Budget wise anything goes but would rather get what was actually well rated rather than just pay for brand, recommendations?

The stealth 700 gen 2 seems to be out of stock a lot of places as was looking at that before

I had problems with the TB Stealth 700's, changed them for Astro A40 with mixamp pro - could not be happier, the sound quality is awesome - although they are a wired rather than wireless

Man of Honour
What’s the recommended headset for the xbox series X,

Was using my AirPod pro as I had sold my other headset but naturally want something dedicated for it.

Budget wise anything goes but would rather get what was actually well rated rather than just pay for brand, recommendations?

The stealth 700 gen 2 seems to be out of stock a lot of places as was looking at that before

Could try direct on their website, you get a discount too.

Soldato
I've ordered a set of SteelSeries Arctis 9X earlier on, which are meant to arrive tomorrow. Going off reviews, they're meant to achieve not far off 30 hours between charges, with a premium feel and metal construction, and they're also said to have a rather great sound to them throughout the range of bass/mids/highs. Also said to have a good microphone on them too. Rather looking forward to putting them through their paces when they get here.

Caporegime
I had problems with the TB Stealth 700's, changed them for Astro A40 with mixamp pro - could not be happier, the sound quality is awesome - although they are a wired rather than wireless
Yep agreed, absolutely love mine even though they are wired but the cables are long enough to not cause any issues for me.
Astro a50 any good?

I feel like I had Astro a40 when cod4 came out or there abouts or have they re made them?
I think the newest ones, the ones I have are the gen 3 or 4. I bought mine back in June of this year with the mixamp pro and I couldn’t be anymore happier than I am right now. Plus you get Dolby digital free with them and they sound absolutely immense.

I've ordered a set of SteelSeries Arctis 9X earlier on, which are meant to arrive tomorrow. Going off reviews, they're meant to achieve not far off 30 hours between charges, with a premium feel and metal construction, and they're also said to have a rather great sound to them throughout the range of bass/mids/highs. Also said to have a good microphone on them too. Rather looking forward to putting them through their paces when they get here.

I had a pair but sold them and replaced them with the Astro A40trs and mixamp pro and I prefer them over the 9x. Imho the sound on the 9x were ok but I find the sound better on the A40s.

Man of Honour
not used my 700’s yet, how did you update them mate?

Not done it yet but it needs connecting to a PC.

Stealth 700 Gen 2 - Xbox
Latest Firmware Version: v.2.0.1
Posted 11.17.2020
• Fixes unresponsiveness and mic sensitivity bugs.

Yup, usb cable connected to pc and download the app. Automatically updates the headset for you. They’ve been flawless once the update, I should have checked sooner.

Soldato
I had a pair but sold them and replaced them with the Astro A40trs and mixamp pro and I prefer them over the 9x. Imho the sound on the 9x were ok but I find the sound better on the A40s.

The MixAmp part would cause chaos on my desk with already having an Amp/DAC setup, but I'll keep those in mind. Got plenty time to play with the settings of the 9X and would like to have the freedom that comes from the wireless cans.

Soldato
Ok tried my first 120hz game ever today via my aging C8 so it was at 1080p but I could really tell the difference.

Definitely frame rate over resolution!

I now want a 1080p 120hz monitor for my Series X for playing Warzone. Any recommendations ?

Soldato
Ok tried my first 120hz game ever today via my aging C8 so it was at 1080p but I could really tell the difference.

Definitely frame rate over resolution!

I now want a 1080p 120hz monitor for my Series X for playing Warzone. Any recommendations ?

It really can make a big diff dependent on game type. Really hate cod when I have to move back to laggy 60hz screen from new living room tv :/

Lucky for you there is a massive range of affordable choice for 1080p 120hz+ monitors :D

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Does anyone get audio popping / crackling or like a intermittent static noise mainly when navigating the dashboard?, although I sometimes get it in games occasionally too.

It doesn't seem to matter what audio settings i try it does it on all of them

Soldato
Does anyone get audio popping / crackling or like a intermittent static noise mainly when navigating the dashboard?, although I sometimes get it in games occasionally too.

Not here.

Soldato

Never had anything like that on mine. Only the mental static when I tried getting the headphones to work via anything other than stereo yesterday, although that's an external issue to the Xbox it seems. Does this crackling come from the headphones? If so, how are they connected? Plus, how is everything wired up, as there is always the potential for interference between devices.

Soldato
I've been checking Smyths stock all weekend but had given up. At work now, went for a **** and decided to check and my local store had 13in stock. Managed to buy it quickly and its ready for pick up today :D

I cannot believe it. Such perfect timing to check the site.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Never had anything like that on mine. Only the mental static when I tried getting the headphones to work via anything other than stereo yesterday, although that's an external issue to the Xbox it seems. Does this crackling come from the headphones? If so, how are they connected? Plus, how is everything wired up, as there is always the potential for interference between devices.

My setup goes xbox > Onkyo 676 AVR > LG C7

Using the supplied cable between xbox and AVR

I've never used headphones so I'm not sure if it does it through those

The popping sort of noise tends to happen at the start of the sound or at the end, it seems really strange. I had the normal One X in exactly the same setup before and it never happened

Caporegime
Finally got my despatch email from Game so now just waiting on Royal Mail for a tracking.

Cant wait although I haven’t got a new tv for it but will probably hook it up to my c9 for time being.

Still in 2 minds on whether to get a monitor or another oled for the series x. Ideally don’t want anything bigger than 32”.

Back
Top Bottom