Rimworld - strategy base building sci-fi indie game

Soldato
I've been playing on my old save lately, on a low difficulty setting because I don't want my base to burn. Very fun and relaxing. With 300 mods no less. Let me big up some the good ones.

Couple of interesting mods in your list which I'll give a try in future. I'm currently running around 150mods (though to be honest some of them I don't even use even when I have them loaded).

Lately I've been playing with Combat Extended which changes the gameplay significantly, especially in commitment mode.

I use pretty much all of your QoL mods. Some of my "must have" mods are Use Your Gun, We Had a Trader, Toggle harvest, Room Food which works great with Rimfridge, Trade ship drop spot and Trading spot, Show Draftees Weapon, Smart Speed, Better Pawn Control, Mend and Recycle, Set up camp (great for Ice Sheet/ Extreme Desert bases to be able to go on hunting trips), Dubs Mint Menus, Rim HUD, Animals Logic, Research Pal, Simple Sidearms, Quality Builder, Wall Light and the best mod of them all Prepare Carefully (though lot of self discipline required when starting new game :D).

Associate
Couple of interesting mods in your list which I'll give a try in future. I'm currently running around 150mods (though to be honest some of them I don't even use even when I have them loaded).

Lately I've been playing with Combat Extended which changes the gameplay significantly, especially in commitment mode.

I use pretty much all of your QoL mods. Some of my "must have" mods are Use Your Gun, We Had a Trader, Toggle harvest, Room Food which works great with Rimfridge, Trade ship drop spot and Trading spot, Show Draftees Weapon, Smart Speed, Better Pawn Control, Mend and Recycle, Set up camp (great for Ice Sheet/ Extreme Desert bases to be able to go on hunting trips), Dubs Mint Menus, Rim HUD, Animals Logic, Research Pal, Simple Sidearms, Quality Builder, Wall Light and the best mod of them all Prepare Carefully (though lot of self discipline required when starting new game :D).

I think forgetting which mods do what and how they do what is probably a common RimWorld problem.

Since Combat Extended tends to break lots of other mods I go the route of adding other mods that fit together like Ammunition, Use Your Gun etc.

Set Up Camp is great and since there is a new Tent mod out it is probably now even better.

Soldato
I think forgetting which mods do what and how they do what is probably a common RimWorld problem.

Since Combat Extended tends to break lots of other mods I go the route of adding other mods that fit together like Ammunition, Use Your Gun etc.

Yup in order to use CE I went through my mod list and removed about 20 mods, mostly stuff I didn't want anymore.

Set Up Camp is great and since there is a new Tent mod out it is probably now even better.

I've just subscribed to it and will use it in my next game, I never really played the Tribal start and I'm starting to put together a mod list for that.

Soldato
The re-playability of this game is fantastic. Pick it up after a few months, can't put it down again until I complete it. The next day, start afresh again. Best £20 ever spent on a game.

Soldato
The re-playability of this game is fantastic. Pick it up after a few months, can't put it down again until I complete it. The next day, start afresh again. Best £20 ever spent on a game.

Yup, it's pretty much the only game I play. Not even bought the Royalty expansion yet so if I ever get bored of base game and mods I still have that to look forward to. :)

Associate

Agree with this. I keep going back now and again, waiting for the Royalty expansion to go on sale.

I have recently discovered there is also an early access game called Going Medieval, which has a lot of similarities to the mechanics of Rimworld.

Soldato
Associate
keep looking at rimworld and wonder if I would get to confused as everything goes wrong at once

prison ark could be like that

Soldato
keep looking at rimworld and wonder if I would get to confused as everything goes wrong at once

prison ark could be like that

You can pause at any time and set commands. I always took ages to get through the early steps of the game because of all the pausing. Definitely worth checking out some popular quality of life mods too. If I recall, I used things like "Pass that brick" and "If you're going that way" (or something like that).

Associate
thinking on getting this, what is it similar to ? i like age of empires, strategy like games, is it similar to them ?

I'm not sure what it's similar to but if you buy it through Steam, you can get a refund if you have played it for less than 2hrs and you decide it's not for you although I think that'll be unlikely as it's a fantastic game.

You build what can only be described as a colony. You have to gather resources, manage the relationships of your team, explore the world, fight off attacks etc. It really is fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom