Rimworld - strategy base building sci-fi indie game

Associate
Pictures are worth a thousand words so this is what the future promises.

8FjynDQTUQKWC9esGWp2yT-970-80.jpg.webp

48NrDBByV4UMmtwkrRArqS-970-80.jpg.webp

kJnoVh8PxwbHRSmcTNf5HT-970-80.jpg.webp

4wUWBs2qUJzCVZs3hUs9NT-970-80.jpg.webp

036a237d9582cb995a124733924e45c2a7e6c812.jpg

I just realised I could remake that Simpsons monkey knife fighting contest with the upcoming dlc.

Soldato
I had to cave and buy this, looks like it is going to be one of those games that will never be getting a decent discount on Steam, 10% off looks like the best you are going to get, the base game and first dlc that is. By the time I actually get round to playing it the other dlc's might be 10% as well :)

Soldato
I had to cave and buy this, looks like it is going to be one of those games that will never be getting a decent discount on Steam, 10% off looks like the best you are going to get, the base game and first dlc that is. By the time I actually get round to playing it the other dlc's might be 10% as well :)

Yeah the main designer said they won't be doing any big sales, which is fair enough considering how much entertainment this game provides and that's without the mods.

If you have Humble bundle subscription you might have got few more %s off but if you're into this kind of games you would not regret paying even the full price. I'm not really interested in playing the latest DLC but I'm seriously considering buying it just to support the devs. I've got bit over 1000s hours on it, my most played Steam game by far.

Soldato
i've been playing base rimworld and its not bad. i'm happy with it.
its one of those i nevery really got in to when i got it at release and only started playing around with it recently.
i can see the replayability of it. there is a lot to do and i'm not utilising my game mechaics well but still going strong :)
give it a try.
there will likely be another sale soon in a few weeks for winter/xmas if your unsure.

People seem to recomend : Ideology over Royalty
and the Biotech has gone down well

Soldato
Rimworld by itself any good or does it need to be fleshed out with dlc?

Doesn't need the DLC at all. Vanilla on it's own is a great game. However, mods are where it's at, they're free and are REALLY strong, some will add just as much as the DLC if not more in some cases.

I'd even go as far as saying that some of the DLC ideas probably came from the mods (looking at you Biotech)

Last edited:
Soldato
Any Recoemended Mods?

I currently subscribe to 200+ mods and use about 180 of them for my playthroughs but here are a few to get you started. I've not actually played Rimworld since 1.4 came out. They all are either updated to 1.4 by original authors or someone made an updated version now.

Wall light, complex jobs, rim hud, drop all inventory, Go the **** to Sleep, Do Your ******* Research, smart speed, quality builder, replace stuff and P-music

None of them change the balance of the game (wall light maybe) just make management of your colony/ pawns much easier

RimFridge and Simple Sidearms are great but do make the game a bit easier.

Soldato
I can see "Do Your ******* Research" being a good QOL improvement haha spent a few hours trying to work out why my research wasnt moving !!
oddly research only seem to stop after i had a few extra colanists.

Soldato
I can see "Do Your ******* Research" being a good QOL improvement haha spent a few hours trying to work out why my research wasnt moving !!
oddly research only seem to stop after i had a few extra colanists.

Yup it's a great mod. I have little over 1000hrs in the game and it's one of my most recent additions, probably less than 100hrs ago.

Permabanned
However, mods are where it's at, they're free and are REALLY strong, some will add just as much as the DLC if not more in some cases.

Definitely. It's probably why the base game is never on sale. The mods just make it too good to the point whereas you say, when you have enough, it's pretty much free DLC.

The only downside is they really start to tank the performance when your colony really gets going. Was for me, at least. Looking to upgrade soon, this being one of the reasons.

Last edited:
Soldato
To be honest I've not really had any performance issues other than longer loading times but I don't really class that as performance issue as once the game loads it works fine.

Associate
I actually really enjoy playing this game with my friend but we only play with the base game and the multiplayer mod, are the dlcs worth getting and which mods are worth playing in multiplayer?

Soldato
Started playing this recently, taking it slow and learning as I go. Bloody fun though.

Is there a way to send hunting caravans to other tiles?
Could use some more meat before winter and I don't want to genecide everything in my own tile.

I'm playing vanhilla with no mods.

Back
Top Bottom