What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
I like the Rock...but dear god he counted act to save his life, its just a slightly different written variation of "him" each and every single damn time. At Least Arnold went and tried different types of films, did the harder R films etc. Rock is just about that cheap CG Disney muck. SO many of his films I forget even existed, that one with the Tower, and one with a Monkey, did anyone even remember he was in them? Think he did a disaster film film, all of them straight into the trash bin never to be watched again.

He does play very similar characters. The trouble is, with how he looks and how he is known, it is going to be very difficult for him to play completely different characters. I can't see him doing a Christian Bale or similar and going mega skinny or mega fat for a role!

Fortunately, he is a very charismatic person with a very good screen presence so he is good in the roles he plays.

Soldato
He does play very similar characters. The trouble is, with how he looks and how he is known, it is going to be very difficult for him to play completely different characters. I can't see him doing a Christian Bale or similar and going mega skinny or mega fat for a role!

Fortunately, he is a very charismatic person with a very good screen presence so he is good in the roles he plays.
I get that, but dont completely buy it. Batista from same background and build is getting some proper roles.
At least hes showing rang from Blade Runner to Draks etc, now in Dune.

Caporegime
I get that, but dont completely buy it. Batista from same background and build is getting some proper roles.
At least hes showing rang from Blade Runner to Draks etc, now in Dune.

yeh i see what you mean. He is sort of limited, but it would be nice to see him do something a bit different (without it being silly that he is massive jacked behemoth of a man).

Soldato
San Andreas? Terrible film, but I enjoyed it :D but then I'm a sucker for disaster movies anyway. I agree though, I wouldn't bother watching it again.
I like disaster movies too, but man sick of the "Family" angle, just makes me despise the kids of the family every time and wish they would drown.

Associate
I like the Rock...but dear god he counted act to save his life, its just a slightly different written variation of "him" each and every single damn time. At Least Arnold went and tried different types of films, did the harder R films etc. Rock is just about that cheap CG Disney muck. SO many of his films I forget even existed, that one with the Tower, and one with a Monkey, did anyone even remember he was in them? Think he did a disaster film film, all of them straight into the trash bin never to be watched again.

He was great acting as The Rock in WWE. Also in Pain & Gain is great, when he was drunk and coked up :D Also Walking Tall/Faster.

Associate
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - Not as good as the first one. Continuing my watch of the series with my youngest daughter, she loved it! 6/10

Associate
The Suicide Squad (2021) - 8/10

A supervillain movie that has everything you could want in it - plenty of entertaining action scenes with over the top violence and style, funny comedy, a romantic sub-plot, tragic personal and emotional backstories for the larger than life characters, over the top villains with a wackiness only comics can provide, a great soundtrack and superb special effects.

It looks great throughout and the tonal shifts are well managed, but I didn’t like the episodic and non-linear approach to storytelling and the large number of leading characters meant the focus wasn’t as tight as it could have been. It also never really stood out, being a bit too similar to other recent films in the genre.

Soldato
The Current Wars

Thought it was fairly interesting and entertaining with a good cast. Having seen it, i think some of the reviews it received were a bit harsh.

7/10.
was a huge letdown for me. The most interesting character out of the lot should have been Tesla, sadly they didn't really focus on him as the main story.

Associate
Jungle Cruise (2021) - 6/10

A fun filled family adventure which is a bit on the long side.

The acting is good, there’s great chemistry between the leading characters and there’s enough fun and action to be entertaining throughout.

It was a bit goofier and a bit darker than I was expecting, some of the scenes could have been shorter and the ending was traditional Disney, but it was humorous and enjoyable.

The special effects are mostly good and the backgrounds looked realistic enough, but it is very heavy with the CGI.

Soldato
The Suicide Squad - 4/10 - It all just felt a bit..........Meh. Nothing seemed to work really well apart from the character of "The Rat King 2" who seemed to have more development than all the other cast combined. Elba kind of worked as "discount Deadshot" but was probably far too close to the Smith version to be able to really grab hold of the character. The rest of the "known" cast just did what they do, slightly soullessly I think, and it felt like most of the film had that feel, like everyone was just a little bored making it by the end. The CGI was pretty good in places and there were a few really well framed shots but overall it just seemed to lack energy and no amount of pumped up sound-track and CGI monsters will cure that.

Back
Top Bottom