• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Caporegime
3060 is probably the worst value card in the range of GA104 unless you need 12GB, right next to the 3070ti.

It's not got the absolute performance no. But of you can get it for £360 or whatever the price was last week. It appeals to most gamers.

The average gamer spends £200-£300 on a gpu. This forum is highly skewed to higher end niche gamers.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Glad you like it! It's a cracking card though you should be looking at roughly 3x the perf of the 970.. even a 1080 non Ti is roughly 2x 970 and the 3060 Ti is another 60-70% faster than the 1080. :)

I think you're getting mixed up with the 1080 Ti.. ;) 3060 Ti is around 50-70% faster depending on game vs 1080 none Ti

3060ti is way faster than a 1080, probably more than twice as fast.

Your missing the point Sonny. Its with inconsistent figures people making up how much better it is compared to an older gen card. Throwing in DLSS is not helping as not all games can use this and cheats the scores somewhat. Base it on pure rasterization for comparison.

Check out above how it went from 60-70% faster to 50-70% in a matter of minutes! :confused:

Then someone else saying its more than twice as fast which is codswallop because the 2080Ti is not twice as fast yet it beats a 3060Ti.

Soldato
It's not got the absolute performance no. But of you can get it for £360 or whatever the price was last week. It appeals to most gamers.

The average gamer spends £200-£300 on a gpu. This forum is highly skewed to higher end niche gamers.
The £360 3060 doesn't look great against a £369 3060ti fe though and also it's not much faster than a 2060 super which could be had for around £360 2 years ago.

Nvidia should have went with 8gb on a 256 bus as it would have been a bit faster while also being cheaper to make with the 4gb VRAM savings.

Soldato

Also the average gamer is not bagging an FE. Factor in the mammoth volume of people buying AIB 3060s and 3060Tis's for what £600-700+. When you apply this factor of price into how much 'value' you are getting, the upgrade we are speaking of is poor as soon as you creep outside the FE base price.

Associate
"Excuse me Mr Patient, I'm just going to stop stitching your arm back together as I've received a Telegram alert about Graphics Cards."

"Sorry kids, teaching in this lesson will stop till I have bought a 3080"

"I know I was in the middle of a presentation, Mrs Important Client, but there's been a FE drop"

"Sorry bus passengers, we're not going anywhere till I've managed to complete the checkout process"

Idiot.

while I agree that some people can’t just drop what their doing to buy a card but everybody must surly have family or friends who could do it for them. I’ve had 2 friends but me fe cards now and all it’s taken is treating them to a few beers.

Soldato
I am not sure the 3060Ti is that much better than a 1080, I would realistically put it about 25% but obviously you can call in DLSS or RTX which is nice. If you own a 1080 selling it would fund a lot of the new card so there is that. Paying £370 for 25% used to be shockingly poor value. :)

1080 or 1080Ti?
The 1080Ti is about the same performance as the 3060Ti, but don't forget the other generational improvements, the 3060Ti will get faster where the 1080Ti has already reached its peak.
Plus, how much was the 1080Ti when it came out compared to the cost of the 3060Ti..

Soldato
It's also the case that the majority of AIB's (only my opinion) aren't even as good as the FE models.
Remember, the FE cards do not use the reference 30 series PCB, they are custom designed from/for Nvidia.
A lot of AIB 'base' models are designed around the reference PCB which is inferior to the FE cards. So potentially AIB's could under cut Nvidia in using the reference PCB. Yeah right :D

Just a thought.

I can grip my 3080 FE tightly and it doesnt buckle its structurally strong, it doesnt sag either. I remember having to be real careful taking my auros 1080ti in and out my case. Nvidia are setting an example the AIBs need to follow in my opinion. Although it took them long enough to get here, previous gen Nvidia blower cards were poor.

Soldato
I can grip my 3080 FE tightly and it doesnt buckle its structurally strong, it doesnt sag either. I remember having to be real careful taking my auros 1080ti in and out my case. Nvidia are setting an example the AIBs need to follow in my opinion. Although it took them long enough to get here, previous gen Nvidia blower cards were poor.

From what Buildzoid says on his youtube channel, the cheaper AIB cards are costed down as much as humanly possible while still keeping a functioning card.

The AIB cards that are an upgrade on the FE`s are very expensive at the moment so the FE cards are are great choice at the moment i think.

Soldato
Its not awful, its just not designed for 24hrs mining. BUT GAMING.
Its like buying a porsche 911 for a 24 lemans track day. It wasnt designed for that.

IMO seeing nearly 100 degrees with just gaming is to high when thermal pads with decent thermal conductivity drops that into the 80's. That's using a low quality product for very minimal cost saving and has taken the edge of my initial impression of my 3080 as I know it could be better but i don't want to void my warranty to open it up.

Soldato
1080 or 1080Ti?
The 1080Ti is about the same performance as the 3060Ti, but don't forget the other generational improvements, the 3060Ti will get faster where the 1080Ti has already reached its peak.
Plus, how much was the 1080Ti when it came out compared to the cost of the 3060Ti..

Agree. By the way it was 1080 the folk were discussing earlier, not the Ti. Its a better card (3060Ti) but is it that much better than what you have considering its release was May 2016. If the 1080Ti is around the same performance - a quick comparison puts the Ti of same gen ~30% faster. We have guys on this thread championing its "double the performance" or "smoking" it! Which is balderdash!

By the way dunno why it hinged on this topic of 1080 to 3060Ti, I am just not agreeing that its a massive leap. Your basically going from a flagship card of 2016 to the average card of 2021. If your happy then awesome. 50% uplift in 5 years is not something to shout from the rooftops about.

Soldato
3080 FE order from Friday still only at stage 2 (Payment Authorised).
Anyone else at the same stage? Discord users saying they have received their 3060 Ti today ordered on the same day.

Soldato
3080 FE order from Friday still only at stage 2 (Payment Authorised).
Anyone else at the same stage? Discord users saying they have received their 3060 Ti today ordered on the same day.

same here with 3080 , someone posted the following
Orders due for delivery tomorrow will be picked today, just spoken to them.

Back
Top Bottom