Spider-Man: No Way Home.

Caporegime
Looks fun. :)

Seems out of character for Strange to risk that spell though....:confused:

Yeah then blame spidey for doing so. Like how about a 30 second conversation before smashing out a potential life ending spell. 'here spidey before I start shut up mate, cause otherwise the world I'll implode'

Or not, just fire straight in with no pre warnings, not even a ten minute brief.

No wonder there always killing more people than necessary, causing drama. Can't even hold a decent briefing.

Soldato
So my thinking is this. Loki TV show broke the time line and it spurned off into an infinite number of timelines. Strange, carries out this spell and I will assume, this spell messed up, and opened up a gateway of sorts to allow multiple timelines to diverge into each other.
Also, "Hello, Peter" is he looking at Toby spiderman when he says it? I think its clever cutting/editing to make us think hes looking at MUC spiderman, the reason, Doc Oc, would not know who MCU peter parker/spider man is. And our MCU spiderman changed into spider man after he said it.

Associate
I cannot wait! I've got to hand it to Marvel, their power and influence to be able to pull off huge, cinematic feats like the huge buildup and climax that was Endgame, or bringing back the original actors from multiple reboots of Spider-Man spanning almost 2 decades, you'd never think it were possible as a kid.

Soldato
As I said elsewhere, my big concern seeing that is it's going to turn in to Maguires's Spiderman 3. With too much focus on his relationships as they've forgotten him/he's Spiderman and with so many enemies they aren't going to get to explore any of them properly leaving the film a jumbled mess. However that said, it does look good from the trailer and the MCU, while certainly having some weaker films, I don't think has any actual bad films.

Soldato
Marvel have generally been pretty steady in all there movies, I would be surprised if we got a misfire as bad as Spiderman3. Even the weaker Marvel movies are generally beautifully made and pretty coherent. I do like the spider verse angle if it comes off. Into the Spiderverse was a surprisingly good movie and warmed me up to the idea.

Associate
As I said elsewhere, my big concern seeing that is it's going to turn in to Maguires's Spiderman 3. With too much focus on his relationships as they've forgotten him/he's Spiderman and with so many enemies they aren't going to get to explore any of them properly leaving the film a jumbled mess. However that said, it does look good from the trailer and the MCU, while certainly having some weaker films, I don't think has any actual bad films.

Arguably though, do they even need to explore the villains in great detail with this one? The villains are literally the exact same character and actor that they played previously - their backstories have already been established, just not within the official MCU. The respective Spider-Man from that universe can also give a bit of exposition to fill in the gaps.

Soldato
Arguably though, do they even need to explore the villains in great detail with this one? The villains are literally the exact same character and actor that they played previously - their backstories have already been established, just not within the official MCU. The respective Spider-Man from that universe can also give a bit of exposition to fill in the gaps.

Maybe 'develop' is a better choice of word than 'explore'. I agree that we don't need the backstory/origin story of each but that doesn't mean they can't be developed further. It always seemed to me that they had half an idea for each villain so mashed them all together to try to make a film. The half an ideas mixed with the lack of screen time of each meant they all came across as pretty 1 dimensional villains and it just made a boring mess. And that's without adding the relationship/emo bits on the top.

With Spiderman 3 though it was these villains that were the main antagonists of the film though. Maybe for this they're more easter eggs as he travels through the multiverse so will side step the problem.

Back
Top Bottom