Summer Transfer Window 2021/2022

fez

fez

Caporegime
Its funny, I haven't noticed United fans being particularly defensive of Ronaldo at all. Either half the world are United fans or your preference for Messi vs Ronaldo is based on what you value more in a footballer. I know plenty of United fans (myself included) who think Messi is the better player and I know plenty of non-United fans who think Ronaldo is better.

Plus it would be hilarious after all these years of Utd fans claiming he’s better than Messi

Why... what difference would that make to anyones argument...

fez

fez

Caporegime
So RM have made a £137m bid for Mbappe. Utter utter madness. Hes out of contract next summer. Puts PSG in an interesting position. Losing him for free would make them look stupid but they don't need the money and might hope to convince him to stay over the coming year.

Don
Kane's announced on twitter that he'll be staying at Spurs. I have to say I'm surprised, I really thought Levy was just pushing for a bit more cash.

Man of Honour
It's crazy with a year left on his contract, but adding Mbappe would really help their club status, both on the pitch and in terms of global appeal, so I can see why they want him ASAP. The issue is, PSG don't really need the money, and it will take the shine off Messi joining if they lose the superstar of the future, who is French as well.

Just to add on Ronaldo, while I'm sure he likes Man Utd, and he was a great player for us, his affection has always appeared to be aimed primarily at Fergie, rather than the club and fans.

Kane's announced on twitter that he'll be staying at Spurs. I have to say I'm surprised, I really thought Levy was just pushing for a bit more cash.

Same, I thought it may happen.

Caporegime
That's devastating for him personally, I'm sure he'll be up there again with the top scorers this season but he obviously wants out and he doesn't look like a player who'll play at the top level well into his 30's.

He will be obviously dragging his feet this season as well. You can talk about being professional but I cannot think of a single person that will have the moral to give it all they can being at a place they do not want to be.

He is basically finished as a player and can only hope to win something with England realistically.

Soldato
I’m sure he’ll end up ‘injured’ / injured for a large portion of the season either way. I don’t think he’ll play as well this time round either, just a hunch.

fez

fez

Caporegime

Maybe he was. Perhaps he wanted £160m and City said they would only offer £100m. Perhaps talks just broke down or City said take it or leave it and Levy would rather keep Kane.

Either way, I don't see this being a decision that Kane took himself.

Caporegime
That's devastating for him personally, I'm sure he'll be up there again with the top scorers this season but he obviously wants out and he doesn't look like a player who'll play at the top level well into his 30's.
I'm not so sure. He's very similar to Shearer, not blessed with pace but strong as an ox and a lethal finisher. If, and it's a big if, his ankles don't get amputated I can see him banging in the goals well in to his mid 30's.

Don
I am the other way I was pretty sure he was never leaving. The problem when you use your brother as an agent to deal with an educated person like Daniel Levy.
All that done was give Spurs the upper hand in negotiations but I really thought Levy would have cashed in while Kane's value was at its highest. This Spurs squad needs a bit of a rebuild and Kane was going to have to be replaced at some point in the future. Rebuilding the squad and replacing Kane with £100-150m from Kane's sale is far easier than with half that amount.

It looks to me as if Levy's gambling on Kane getting Spurs back into the CL spots.

Soldato

Maybe he was. Perhaps he wanted £160m and City said they would only offer £100m. Perhaps talks just broke down or City said take it or leave it and Levy would rather keep Kane.

Either way, I don't see this being a decision that Kane took himself.
Levy likely wanted more, but City were probably at the point where they were not going to be able to justify the price tag considering they already dropped 100 for Grealish. Kane is basically now covering his bases with the fans. I can imagine Levy saying something to Kane along the lines of " you can go to city if they cough up 160million, if they don't and you still bang on about wanting to go then I will make sure you live out the remaining 3 years of your contract in the reserves, so get with the programme if you want first team football and at least a chance of maybe winning something with Spurs".

I think Kane has basically done himself on all levels, firstly by signing that mentally long contract knowing Levy his tough and secondly by acting like a child and sacking off going to training. Kane's next move will be the MLS when his Spurs contract runs out so he can plump out his pension pot.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think Kane has basically done himself on all levels, firstly by signing that mentally long contract knowing Levy his tough and secondly by acting like a child and sacking off going to training. Kane's next move will be the MLS when his Spurs contract runs out so he can plump out his pension pot.
I think the long contract, 6 years?, was never going to be fulfilled as Kane and his brother thought they had what would in effect have been a get out clause of the "gentleman's agreement", which doesn't seem to have worked very well for Harry does it? Perhaps Kane's brother thought that a six year contract would make Spurs feel confident and give him enough time to find another club to pay Harry loads of money and then use the gentleman's agreement when the right club came along with the right offer.

However both Harry and his brother have to have known that Levy is a very, very tough negotiator and that unless it's in the contract it's going to be almost impossible to force Levy to agree to let Harry leave. This whole situation smacks of Harry getting poor advice from his brother who might not be the master negotiator he thought he was and has been schooled by Levy. Really Spurs players only tend to leave when Levy/Spurs want them to? I wonder if Kane will be sold next summer when Spurs have had a year of the new manager, see how that goes, where do we need to invest in the squad, who can we find for that, OK now we sell Kane to fund these moves.

Back
Top Bottom