It's funny how (fuel shortages)

Soldato
Hang on wait...

Were being told when the COVID pandemic started that we had become a caring nation, you know, we started looking after each other realising that people were more important than money or materials. ROFL. :cry:

Look at the people queuing and i'd wager that 90% of those are those that hogged all the bog roll, pasta, and baked beans. And that most of them are working from home.

Last edited:
Associate
Just been for a walk down to my local Sainsbury's for a few things and to see how the local petrol stations are faring.

Tesco express was out of super unleaded but had regular petrol and diesel. It also had an awful queue blocking the road in both directions.
Shell was out of fuel.
BP was out of fuel.

It actually matches up pretty well with google maps traffic overlay. If it is showing heavy congestion there is a good chance the petrol station is open.

Soldato
It's perfectly rational.

https://blogs.cornell.edu/info2040/2021/09/18/panic-buying-a-simple-analysis-using-game-theory/

Mentioning the very idea that there might be a shortage (even if it was denying that there was one) is what started it. He should know better, but he's frustrated with all the bad press that other shortages have brought over the last few months so blustered and blundered right into it. Like an idiot.

So yeah. Lulwut yerself.
You're really struggling here to blame Brexit, Boris and just about everybody else who you hate. Give it up!:rolleyes: The press whipped this up, they literally created the problem, can't you see that?

Soldato
Just seen a picture on twitter with someone filling up his car and 6 jerry cans. Honestly get a grip.

They need to limit it to £30 worth if people cant act normally.

Just been for a walk down to my local Sainsbury's for a few things and to see how the local petrol stations are faring.

Tesco express was out of super unleaded but had regular petrol and diesel. It also had an awful queue blocking the road in both directions.
Shell was out of fuel.
BP was out of fuel.

It actually matches up pretty well with google maps traffic overlay. If it is showing heavy congestion there is a good chance the petrol station is open.

Local tesco one ran out completely.

Soldato
Friend lives next to an elderly man who does 650 miles a year in his car - can check on MOT checker on GOV website. He filled up with his biannual visit to the petrol station last week as friend saw him whilst getting parcel from Amazon locker. Yesterday, friend needed to fill up as a clinical nurse. She saw her neighbour filling up and she pulled up to the pump he was leaving. He filled up with two litres. Why would anyone queue up for 40 mins to fill up with 2 litres?

Soldato
Friend lives next to an elderly man who does 650 miles a year in his car - can check on MOT checker on GOV website. He filled up with his biannual visit to the petrol station last week as friend saw him whilst getting parcel from Amazon locker. Yesterday, friend needed to fill up as a clinical nurse. She saw her neighbour filling up and she pulled up to the pump he was leaving. He filled up with two litres. Why would anyone queue up for 40 mins to fill up with 2 litres?

I thought the minimum was like 5 litres now, 2 litres would be pretty much on/off on the pump. Although I guess they can't stop it.

Associate
Eurogarages are limiting people to £30. Seems sensible to me.

Asda, few other are now doing £30 limit which is great, but petrol stations needs to put signs banning jerry can, no point doing the £30 limit if someone can stock up 5+ jerry cans as seen in the pictures. I thought last year was rough with the food shortage, people fighting over toilet roll but it seems people haven't learned

Caporegime
This is the kind of continuity I enjoy the most, when the writers really put some effort into their backstory so we, the audience, can put our disbelief to one side if only for a moment and really enjoy the stories being told :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom