LG 27GP850-B

Caporegime
I sit far enough away that it honestly doesn't make a difference, Plus I'm not paying more for less screen.
There's absolutely no reason for the 27" to be more expensive, I agree.

Black Friday isn't too far away now - I'm expecting the 27" or the 32" to be discounted. The GL was, after all.

Ree

Ree

Associate
Only thing I don't like is the stand takes up a lot of space on my desk compared to my old monitor. Apart from that it's great.

Ree

Ree

Associate
A monitor arm is a nice investment ;)

jXBHyqF.jpg.png

Av been looking at some of them am just undecided whether to keep my other monitor and get a dual or just stick to a single and sell the other and recoup a bit of money. Either way the stand is going.

Soldato
Not sure if I was willing to trust an arm to hold, but I did find a nice stand and its working great, (suppose could call it legacy style, basically not pronged), this stand also fully adjustable, tilt etc. If I wobble desk it still is very sturdy doesnt shake.

These modern prong design are hideous, I am stuck behind thinking are they cost savings (material reduction) or some misguided idea putting so called design ahead of functionality.

Ree

Ree

Associate
Not sure if I was willing to trust an arm to hold, but I did find a nice stand and its working great, (suppose could call it legacy style, basically not pronged), this stand also fully adjustable, tilt etc. If I wobble desk it still is very sturdy doesnt shake.

These modern prong design are hideous, I am stuck behind thinking are they cost savings (material reduction) or some misguided idea putting so called design ahead of functionality.

Have you got a link for that bud? Sounds exactly what am looking for.

Soldato

If you get a good vesa arm there's nothing to worry about, This one I have which is the Silverstone SST-ARM12B, Can hold 12KG, The monitor only weighs 5KG so there's a lot of headroom and even with bigger ultrawides they weigh around 7-8KG so you still have a lot of headroom.

Associate
I recently picked up one of the Fully Jarvis monitor arms. I spent a bit more than I usually would on this sort of thing but it's just worlds better than the previous 25/30 quid ones I've owned over the years.

Also picked it up because LG monitor stands (27GL850 in my case) are just massive and not actually that impressive. I really like the monitor stand that comes with my AW2521HFL, feels really sturdy and weighty and has great height/tilt etc. The LG stand just feels like a lump of plastic in comparison.

Soldato
Have you got a link for that bud? Sounds exactly what am looking for.

Google this and should be first hit.

"ErGear Single Monitor Stand Freestanding 13-32 Inch Monitor Arm Curved Screen Monitor Mount Tempered Glass Base Adjustable"

The round bit at bottom with stars on looks odd, I didnt bother with it, so isnt required to have that attached. The base is probably bit bigger than it needs to be, but uses up less width than prongs.

Soldato
If you get a good vesa arm there's nothing to worry about, This one I have which is the Silverstone SST-ARM12B, Can hold 12KG, The monitor only weighs 5KG so there's a lot of headroom and even with bigger ultrawides they weigh around 7-8KG so you still have a lot of headroom.

I am sure the products are fine, but my concern was if I didn't tighten the attachment to the desk enough it falls off and bam monitor falls.

They are handy products of course, the space saving on desk is as good as you can get.

Ree

Ree

Associate
Google this and should be first hit.

"ErGear Single Monitor Stand Freestanding 13-32 Inch Monitor Arm Curved Screen Monitor Mount Tempered Glass Base Adjustable"

The round bit at bottom with stars on looks odd, I didnt bother with it, so isnt required to have that attached. The base is probably bit bigger than it needs to be, but uses up less width than prongs.

Excellent cheers. Had a 15% voucher applied to it so went for it. Looks good especially for £22.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom