LG 27GP850-B

Associate
@Digital X Purchased new. To be fair I don't know if it shipped that way or if it was the courier but I am not going to even open it unless I am sure I am fully covered against any issues that might arise from it.

Still waiting for a response but my post was moved from order query to technical/RMA, so I would have hoped someone might be reading it :(.

Soldato
Well not a great start, the monitor was delivered but with box damage/hole that has been taped up. Not going to open it until I know where I stand, waiting for a response from C.S. Very annoyed with DPD as think the driver placed the box in such a wa that I couldn't see it until I took it in.

I've had some issues with DPD this year and usually pretty good until new hired drivers appeared. Total lack of care and respect for anything lately.

@dcsarge Did you buy it new or B grade? I should be getting mine delivered tomorrow.

Same.

Associate
I wish it could be blamed on a new driver but I have known this one for well over a decade.

Edit: There's me posting this from the car park having had to go out to buy food etc and not noticed the C.S reply at 3ish. Will open it up when I get home.

Soldato
Happened to me with DPD as well on a B grade from ocuk. Edge of the box was bashed in but didn't see it until after i opened it and saw the damage!

DhWQdD1.jpg

75VJJVE.jpg

I sent it back and got a refund as a DOA and bought another one (not b grade).

Soldato
Hey all,

Has anyone had any problems with the screen going blank for 1-2 seconds and then coming back? I had no issues on HDMI, but today I've switched over to DisplayPort. The monitor is in Freesync Extended mode. I'm using a certified DisplayPort 1.4 cable (4M length). I thought at first it was the PC putting the monitor into power save, but it is happening randomly. Just sat here in windows and it has done it twice. This is with a 6700XT GPU on the latest AMD drivers.

Soldato
Hey all,

Has anyone had any problems with the screen going blank for 1-2 seconds and then coming back? I had no issues on HDMI, but today I've switched over to DisplayPort. The monitor is in Freesync Extended mode. I'm using a certified DisplayPort 1.4 cable (4M length). I thought at first it was the PC putting the monitor into power save, but it is happening randomly. Just sat here in windows and it has done it twice. This is with a 6700XT GPU on the latest AMD drivers.

Could be drivers? I used to have this issue on a Red Devil 6700XT. Switched from DP to HDMI and the problem went away. Since my AOC is 1440p and 144Hz never switched back to DP from HDMI. I've recently switched to a 3060 Ti Founders Edition and just ordered this monitor so will test and report back. However not had an issue on both my AOC and LG GL850-B on HDMI or DP?

Soldato
Could be drivers? I used to have this issue on a Red Devil 6700XT. Switched from DP to HDMI and the problem went away. Since my AOC is 1440p and 144Hz never switched back to DP from HDMI. I've recently switched to a 3060 Ti Founders Edition and just ordered this monitor so will test and report back. However not had an issue on both my AOC and LG GL850-B on HDMI or DP?

OK thanks - yeah I could just go back to HDMI but I've just redone all my cables haha. And reading online "they" say if you have DisplayPort 1.4 then that should be prefered over HDMI. But I guess not if you start to get problems!

Came across this which is interesting - https://www.lg.com/ca_en/support/product-help/CT20098114-20150115713642 - it says that LG monitors should not be categoriesd as "Generic P&P Monitor" in Device Manager. Mine is. :( So I went to https://www.lg.com/ca_en/support/software-firmware and downloaded the LG Ultragear driver in a ZIP. This wasn't available on the UK website...?

Now in Device Manager it shows as "LG ULTRAGEAR (DisplayPort)". Seems a bit better!

I'll see how that goes as well. :)

Soldato
OK thanks - yeah I could just go back to HDMI but I've just redone all my cables haha. And reading online "they" say if you have DisplayPort 1.4 then that should be prefered over HDMI. But I guess not if you start to get problems!

Came across this which is interesting - https://www.lg.com/ca_en/support/product-help/CT20098114-20150115713642 - it says that LG monitors should not be categoriesd as "Generic P&P Monitor" in Device Manager. Mine is. :( So I went to https://www.lg.com/ca_en/support/software-firmware and downloaded the LG Ultragear driver in a ZIP. This wasn't available on the UK website...?

Now in Device Manager it shows as "LG ULTRAGEAR (DisplayPort)". Seems a bit better!

I'll see how that goes as well. :)

Let me know how you get on?

Associate
Yesterday didn't go to plan so it took me longer than expected to check it. It was physically unharmed, which was a relief, solidly built monitor to compared to some of the older ones that I have handled, especially the base. Ne case creaking either.

No dead or stuck pixels, which was a pleasant surprise but unfortunately the curse of excessive IPS glow has struck again. The worse area is mostly the lower left quarter but the whole screen looks washed out on dark images even against the god awful mess of Gigabyte with it's orange bloom. I thought the brightness must be set too high but it was actually 40%.

Has anyone got a picture of a decent screen (I don't expect perfect, sadly)? I am beginning to think manufacturers don't care and just chuck out anything.

Soldato
Just getting mine setup, stand is very easy to install. Slip the main base into the back and it locks in place, then the two legged bit just get finger screwed in (wahey)

Associate
Yesterday didn't go to plan so it took me longer than expected to check it. It was physically unharmed, which was a relief, solidly built monitor to compared to some of the older ones that I have handled, especially the base. Ne case creaking either.

No dead or stuck pixels, which was a pleasant surprise but unfortunately the curse of excessive IPS glow has struck again. The worse area is mostly the lower left quarter but the whole screen looks washed out on dark images even against the god awful mess of Gigabyte with it's orange bloom. I thought the brightness must be set too high but it was actually 40%.

Has anyone got a picture of a decent screen (I don't expect perfect, sadly)? I am beginning to think manufacturers don't care and just chuck out anything.
My screen is actually pretty good, no dead pixels at all, do have slight glow in left corners but not too bad really, ive seen a lot worse, im really happy with my monitor, colours on it are great! i play in vivid mode mainly.

Soldato
180hz is so SMOOTH, I love it. Just need to get the colours right they're a bit washed out. The joystick on the bottom to control the settings menu is really easy.

Soldato
Mine arrived early this morning and setting up was a breeze.

My luck with monitors over the years have been dreadful but happy to report this is a cracker out of the box.

No dead or stuck pixels and no back light bleed... I think I won the panel lottery here as everything looks spot on.

Playing FM5 at QHD 180Hz and smooth sailing with my 3060 Ti Founders.

Associate
Mine arrived early this morning and setting up was a breeze.

My luck with monitors over the years have been dreadful but happy to report this is a cracker out of the box.

No dead or stuck pixels and no back light bleed... I think I won the panel lottery here as everything looks spot on.

Playing FM5 at QHD 180Hz and smooth sailing with my 3060 Ti Founders.
awesome monitor isnt it, LOVE mine, i have the tiniest bit of bleed in left corners but hardly anything to talk about, what mode are you gaming on? ive found vivid to be one of the best on my monitor

Back
Top Bottom