Poll: ** LG 27GP950 AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW - LIMITED AVAILABILITY **

Do you have any black screen issues?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
Every company is capable of making a bad product and handling it badly. LG is even capable of making a good monitor and still handling it badly with attempted review manipulation.

absolutely, but there's a big difference between making a bad product, and a genuinely dangerous one that could at best blow up the rest of your hardware and at worst set your house on fire and then blaming Gamers Nexus for it.

Just compare that to how Fractal have handled the issue with their Torrent case and its integrated fan hub.

Last edited:
Associate
absolutely, but there's a big difference between making a bad product, and a genuinely dangerous one that could at best blow up the rest of your hardware and at worst set your house on fire.

Just compare that to how Fractal have handled the issue with their Torrent case and its integrated fan hub.
Nevertheless, all reputable reviewers show that the M28U is an excellent product, and one bad PSU has little relevance to the quality of the monitor. It would be foolish if you dismissed it because of the brand name and ended up buying an inferior quality product.

Associate
update on this monitor iv'e had for about 3 weeks i set it up with my old display port cable i think i had at least one black screen so i swopped the display port cable for the lg one and not had a single black screen the monitors power lead is plugged in to a 4 socket plug serge extenshion lead off a circuit breaker at the wall hope you all get your monitors sorted out :p

Associate
update on this monitor iv'e had for about 3 weeks i set it up with my old display port cable i think i had at least one black screen so i swopped the display port cable for the lg one and not had a single black screen the monitors power lead is plugged in to a 4 socket plug serge extenshion lead off a circuit breaker at the wall hope you all get your monitors sorted out :p
I give it 1 week :p

Soldato
This is the longest time since owning the monitor that I haven't had a black screen. Only downside I have had to reduce its ability to run higher than 120hz :(

But while I do not agree I should have to I have just been enjoying gaming at 4k 120hz is enough to be honest.

Still waiting on LG to reply poor customer service.

The on screen software has an update on the website for anyone interested I think it might be windows 11 compatibility but without any release notes its hard to know.

V6.88 to 7.21

Associate
After so many negative experiences I feel vindicated that I returned both of my 27gp950s back to the retailer in June. Obviously I returned as I wasn’t impressed by the screens picture quality and hadn’t thought enough of black screening as an issue back then. I have LGs other 1440p screen the 27gp850 and that’s been amazing. What a contrast.

Associate
Has anyone tried reducing their VRR/Freesync range to be 1hz lower than the max the monitor is set to in your graphics drivers? This could be a pixel clock timing issue which is why some systems are only seeing it in certain situations (VRR sending a refresh faster than the monitor can handle due to timings being too tight).

Soldato
Has anyone tried reducing their VRR/Freesync range to be 1hz lower than the max the monitor is set to in your graphics drivers? This could be a pixel clock timing issue which is why some systems are only seeing it in certain situations (VRR sending a refresh faster than the monitor can handle due to timings being too tight).

I have messed with the floor level of Freesync by increasing the Range from 48hz to 52hz didn't work I even for the sake of testing went down to 40hz and to my surprise worked so I went lower 35hz resulted in a black screen but not the same type of black screen.

The black screen issue with this monitor is a complete blackout like no display backlight you can see the same effect when you change refresh rate in windows or change resolution. the black screen I seen by reducing the freesync window was a back screen with a backlight from the display.

Associate
This is the longest time since owning the monitor that I haven't had a black screen. Only downside I have had to reduce its ability to run higher than 120hz :(

But while I do not agree I should have to I have just been enjoying gaming at 4k 120hz is enough to be honest.

Still waiting on LG to reply poor customer service.

The on screen software has an update on the website for anyone interested I think it might be windows 11 compatibility but without any release notes its hard to know.

V6.88 to 7.21
Thanks! That works now on windows 11.

Associate
I always capped 3fps below the refresh rate i was using on this monitor, VRR enabled still had the black screens.

Associate
I made an account because it seems like no one here has pinpointed the cause of the black screen but I think I have an answer to that. Please try it with your own equipment to reach a conclusion if this is or is not the cause of the black screen. I've had the screen for about a week and I also experienced the intermittent black screen while gaming. It happens no matter if the monitor is overclocked to 160hz or not but it seems to be more frequent with the overclock set to on. The only thing that will stop this from happening is actually turning OFF Gsync on the Nvidia drivers! In my opinion, this issue comes from an incompatibility between the monitor and Nvidia Drivers and could be solved with either better driver support or a firmware update for the monitor. This would also explain why other people say they have no issue with this monitor maybe they are just using the AMD/Freesync side that potentially has no issues. If this is the case, it would seem that the "G-Sync Compatible" label we paid more cash for is nothing more than a money grab. If my theory holds true how can we make it be known to LG for a fix? Exposing this through a tech youtube channel would be the best in my opinion but how do we even reach them?

Soldato
I made an account because it seems like no one here has pinpointed the cause of the black screen but I think I have an answer to that. Please try it with your own equipment to reach a conclusion if this is or is not the cause of the black screen. I've had the screen for about a week and I also experienced the intermittent black screen while gaming. It happens no matter if the monitor is overclocked to 160hz or not but it seems to be more frequent with the overclock set to on. The only thing that will stop this from happening is actually turning OFF Gsync on the Nvidia drivers! In my opinion, this issue comes from an incompatibility between the monitor and Nvidia Drivers and could be solved with either better driver support or a firmware update for the monitor. This would also explain why other people say they have no issue with this monitor maybe they are just using the AMD/Freesync side that potentially has no issues. If this is the case, it would seem that the "G-Sync Compatible" label we paid more cash for is nothing more than a money grab. If my theory holds true how can we make it be known to LG for a fix? Exposing this through a tech youtube channel would be the best in my opinion but how do we even reach them?

Happens with AMD also using Freesync here. Been known that switching off adaptive-sync is a fix but sadly that is too much for me to take.

Adaptive-sync is one of the main selling points.

I have however found another work around that had completely removed the black screen issue for me and that is turn off displayport 1.4 DSC and use just displayport 1.4 this does make the monitor max out at 120hz 4K HDR 600.

I can live with this workaround due to 4k 120hz is more than enough to still game.

I am waiting on further information from LG or even a firmware update might come.

Associate
Happens with AMD also using Freesync here. Been known that switching off adaptive-sync is a fix but sadly that is too much for me to take.

Adaptive-sync is one of the main selling points.

I have however found another work around that had completely removed the black screen issue for me and that is turn off displayport 1.4 DSC and use just displayport 1.4 this does make the monitor max out at 120hz 4K HDR 600.

I can live with this workaround due to 4k 120hz is more than enough to still game.

I am waiting on further information from LG or even a firmware update might come.

i was running a gtx1080ti which can only run at 1.4 (no dsc) and still had the issue.

Associate
It's still not really fixed for you. You've just found a workaround that is acceptable to you :p

You're still not able to run this product as advertised.

Back
Top Bottom