Poll: ** LG 27GP950 AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW - LIMITED AVAILABILITY **

Do you have any black screen issues?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OcUK Staff
After the crazy demand for 27GN950 the succesor replacement SKU is now up for general sale.

We have been told that availability for these will be better than the 27GN950 but not initially.

We have 95 units coming in at the end of April. Half of these have already been pre-ordered by people who had pre-orders on the 27GN950 whom I gave early notice they could switch.

I'll try and stop any orders being taken once we reach this initial allocation. I'll also email everyone who has an order which may fall outside of the initial allocation to let them know their wait may be longer.

Again from LG an astounding monitor which is only available at Overclockers UK and 1 other retailer in the UK.

LG 27" 27GP950-B 3180x2160 IPS NANO 144Hz 1ms FreeSync/G-Sync Compatible LED Widescreen Gaming Monit @ £749.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/LG-2...le-LED-Widescreen-Gaming-Monit-MO-162-LG.html

LG 27" 27GP950-B, Display Resolution 3180x2160, Display Size 27", Refresh Rate 144Hz, FreeSync, G-Sync Compatible 1ms Response Time, Contrast Ratio 1000:1, Panel Type NANO IPS, HDR 600 , Height/Swivel

Only £749.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

OcUK Staff
OP
OcUK Staff
OP
I made my order at 9:21am this morning, NE postcode.

Are we looking good, or is there bitter disappointment in my near future?

Everyone with an order on should be good.

I've disabled ordering now as we have pre-sold all that we are expecting into us.

Just REALLY hope they aren't on that container ship stuck in the Suez canal. With the luck this spec has had availability wise so far I wouldn't bet against it...

OcUK Staff
OP
Had an update that the Monitors now have a date of end of May into the vendors warehouse so hopefully will be into distributors beginning of June and into us a day or two later!

I've added an eta of 18/06/21 to the product page but that is only for the pre-orders already accepted. No date for any further intakes yet.

Will keep you updated if I get any further info!

OcUK Staff
OP
Had bad news regarding the ETA of this stock unfortunately.

ETA has moved to Mid-June - "Delayed rail shipment".

w/c 7th June into LG hub and then 1 or 2 weeks later to UK disty hopefully. We should then receive it the next day.

I've emailed everyone with pre-orders to let them know.

OcUK Staff
OP
Had word these have landed with us today and they should be with us Monday. I did ask for a Saturday delivery but it wasn't possible.

Everyone with a pre-order should get theirs next week!

Thanks for your patience with this one, and I hope you all enjoy your new monitors :)

OcUK Staff
OP
So what's the deal with stock issues? Is it affected by that damn global chip shortage?
One of my Ultrasharps just TABed out of warranty, so I'm forced to upgrade and now I need not one but two 27GP950s :|

Raw material supply issues due to covid, transport/processing of raw materials issues from Covid, production issues due to staff sickness/isolation/safe working practices, covid issues affecting port bandwidth in China (staff availability, safer working practices, etc), lack of shipping containers/bandwidth due to increased demand for ppe etc., knock on/reciprocal effects at receiving ports EU or UK hub wise, reciprocal effects on EU/UK infrastructure, Brexit holdups due to new/incorrect/increased paperwork.

I'm sure there are more and better ways I could put it, but the above highlights some issues in the chain.

Not all of the above will affect everything but I'd reckon most supply chains will be somewhat affected by some of the difficulties listed above.

OcUK Staff
OP
Are you using only the USB B port on the back?

Edit

Stupid me didn't have the cable all the way in OMG

Had this so many times when building over 1500 PC's in my time in Tech.

"Why is this PC not posting?... Num lock light is turning on and off so it is posted... check cables.... Case/GPU (or screw tightness) meant that hdmi cable wasn't all the way in... FML" (was worried the PC I'd spent an hour building had a faulty component I'd have to fault find taking up valuable time I could spend building more PC's)

OcUK Staff
OP
So in other words, corona lockdowns - the gift that keeps on giving.
One other thing that I found strange is that this monitor is only sold by 2 sellers in the whole damn country - OC and Currys. What happened with the others, like Scan, E-buyer, etc? I contacted Currys and they said they had 80 units on order, but no idea when they will get here.
OC rep today said they will have stock next month, so we're looking at between 2 to 6 weeks wait time. To say that this sucks bawlz would be an understatement.

It's an exclusive between us and DSG Us being the etailer and them the retailer, (but they also sell online).

OcUK Staff
OP
how long does that exclusivity last?

There isn't any hard limit.

Better yet, why is it exclusive in the first place? I mean, it's just a damn monitor. Exclusivity only means less availability and people who want to buy it are the ones who get screwed.

Was thinking the same thing.

Will just wait anyway, no rush.

Main reasoning is probably because there is limited stock.

It increases costs sending 20 resellers 5 units each when you could send 2 partners 50 each (made up numbers). It reduces shipping, and overheads, leading to lower costs and therefore a more competitive RRP.

It's also a way for the vendor to reward their reseller partners for working well together in marketing and promotion activities. Probably helps we also have good communication and relationships with LG, (and all our vendor partners) here at OCUK.

OcUK Staff
OP
All I've got ETA wise is "last week of July" into disty so add a few days on to that.

If I hear anything firm I'll update here as always!

Yeah I was just hopeful this is not the case as from Thursday next week I'm not at my home for a week, so I'll have spent £800 for 5 weeks of nothing, I wonder why LG haven't tried to pull their fingers out with allocation considering how popular this is at the price it is

Unfortunately there is a shortage of panels and chips all over the hardware market. Then shipping costs have gone from $5K to $17K a container which factors in as well as forwarders wait for better shipping deals (bigger ships, more bulk, economies of scale, etc.), or so I believe.

Rest assured we at LG, disty and OCUK are working together to get them here as fast as possible. Completely understand your frustration.

Apologies for the wait and I hope you'll love the monitors when you get your hands on them!

Back
Top Bottom