Squid Game

Permabanned
Finished it over the weekend. Thought it was OK. Production values where superb and the performances where great, but a lot of the themes I thought where a little undercooked and it was all largely predictable.

Caporegime
Its also all relative. To me it wouldn’t change my life. To those on the brink in huge debt, I guess there’s nothing to lose.

£27m wouldn't change you life?????????????:eek:I would suggest you are very much the exception and in the top 0.5% then. For 99% of the UK £27m would mean never having to work the rest of their lives and living in luxury (so long as they dont blow it all on stupid things like you see some lottery winners do)

Man of Honour
£27m wouldn't change you life?????????????:eek:I would suggest you are very much the exception and in the top 0.5% then. For 99% of the UK £27m would mean never having to work the rest of their lives and living in luxury (so long as they dont blow it all on stupid things like you see some lottery winners do)

Still not sure it’s worth your life though, even for the groups you mention.

Caporegime

Oh I agree, I wouldn't enter Squid Games for £27m, it was the discussion as to whether £27m was a lot of money and your blanket statement that it wouldn't change your life. :)

In the show you have to remember some of the contestants owed millions, most were looking at being killed for what they owed or looking at suicide.

If it was real, i reckon you would get enough people to enter in the UK every year.

Soldato

I'm sure there's a lot of people in unfortunate circumstances that would do a whole lot more, for a whole lot less.

It's interesting how some people have a specific number that they deem worth the effort. For example, I have a friend who only enters for the Euromillions because the standard few million isn't worth winning.

Caporegime

There are plenty of people with millions in the bank that have sad lives. Money doesn't buy you a good life. It helps no end but even still it isn't what is important.

Caporegime
There are plenty of people with millions in the bank that have sad lives. Money doesn't buy you a good life. It helps no end but even still it isn't what is important.

This isn't true, 27 million would provide anyone on an average wage (or under) a bloody good life. Money certainly can buy happiness, most people who are miserable is because of the stress of an income. Though, I agree it depends on the person for a lot of people work provides a purpose to be alive.

Soldato
Been watching Squid Game over the past few days and finished it off last night. I really enjoyed it and didn't see the ending coming. I wasn't keen on a few of the games, I think the best one was red light, green light.

I don't understand why the Police officers brother was appointed the Front Man after winning but I guess S2 will explain that. When #456 got a card in the rose, I did have a feeling that he would be invited back to become the "new" Front Man" I assume due to my thoughts on above..

- I absolutely hated the VIP's, they just came across so badly.
- I also want to know more about the recruiter, he's a strange person.
- That policeman can't be dead..

Soldato
I pretty much binge watched it over a couple of nights. Was really good! They should do that in I'm a celebrity get me out of here.

By the way..
I found the girl sacrificing her life for the other girl very sad. :(

Last edited:
Caporegime
Finished it last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Later shows got really sad. I really felt for the guy who got conned out of his marbles and even the old man when our hero took advantage of him (I hadnt twigged the twist at that point). I found the marble game the most vicious as natural friend would have buddied up (or husband and wife in one case). So that was cruel.

I do have a few questions though.

1. Why did nobody ever invoke another vote? I know they all came back once after realising how **** it was in the real world but when so many people were teamed up to killing friends/family in the marble game I thought that would have prompted a vote even if the majority voted to continue.
2. Although the old guy obviously said a trigger word during the fight and knew he could win green light,red light and knew he wouldn't get shot in the marble game, he didnt have any real control over whether he would die during the sugar game or the tug of war. Okay he could make it easier on himself like with the tips he gave on the tug of war but even with that they would have lost if that other guy hadnt come up with the 3 steps forward trick. Speaking of which they were all talking so loud the other team would have heard exactly what they were going to do and stopped themselves falling over.
3. No idea why the cops brother had become the leader. Made no sense and the timeline seemed off unless they have these games every week? Never really got explained.
4. I am sure when the cop was going through the records it showed there had been many contests (at least 15) but I am sure that for one contest there had been multiple winners who I presume shared the winnings between them. Had the game organisers made it harder so that fewer people could win? It certainly seemed like they introduced new games every contest as the VIPS hadnt seen the glass bridge before.
5. I originally thought every guard had a chip installed, hence the scanners but the cop got scanned fine so it was built into the mask?
6. What happened to all the previous winners? Wouldnt people notice so many new millionaires appearing out of nowhere?
7. I thought the winning hero would have tracked down the pakistani's family as well and the NK woman's mother.
8. ANd it didnt ring true that he would abandon flying to see his daughter at the end to get himself involved with the contest again. Afterall that was the main reason he went into it in the first place.

[/spolier]

Last edited:
Caporegime
About #2

The old guy wasn't padlocked to the rope like the others were. There's a long pan shot down the players and his padlocks are missing.

How on earth did I miss that!!!!!!!

how on earth did the people round him not notice that either? Also on thinking about it, nobody else would know if he managed to make his sugar shape successfully or not so he was safe there as well

Soldato
Finished it last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

7. I thought the winning hero would have tracked down the pakistani's family as well and the NK woman's brother.

7. I got the impression Ali was more of Sang-woo's friend than Gi-hun, which would perhaps explain why his family wasn't really addressed but how did you miss the part where Gi-hun went and got her brother from the orphanage and then left him with Sang-woo's mother? :p

Caporegime
7. I got the impression Ali was more of Sang-woo's friend than Gi-hun, which would perhaps explain why his family wasn't really addressed but how did you miss the part where Gi-hun went and got her brother from the orphanage and then left him with Sang-woo's mother? :p

typo!

I meant to type mother not brother!. Fair point on Ali. It killed me when Sang-woo conned him though. :(

Back
Top Bottom