• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Far Cry 6 GPU performance not bad at all but is severely bottlenecked by CPU

Caporegime
Yep, tried my 12GB 6700XT and still got texture loading issues. It's almost like the official recommended specs for this are true. A bunch of people sticking their fingers in their ears and just refusing to accept that 12GB (let alone 10GB) is not sufficient in some cases for 4K HD gaming. AMD playing Nvidia games unfortunately. But hey, just like with Nvidia doing the massive overuse of tessellation, we can at least turn it down in the game menu to get playable framerates.

Far Cry 6 Recommended 4K configuration ( 30 FPS, Raytracing On)

Operating System Windows 10 (64-bit versions)
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 Ghz or Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.8 Ghz
RAM 16 GB (Dual-channel mode)
Video card AMD RX 6800 (16 GB) or NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 (10 GB)
DirectX DirectX 12
Hard Drive 60 GB available storage

Please note that the minimum requirement for running the HD Texture Pack for Far Cry 6 is 16GB of VRAM. If you download and run the HD Texture Pack with lower VRAM capabilities, you will encounter performance issues while playing.

its almost as if people with GPUS with less than 16GB VRAM and trying to bruteforce their way through this game would know more than the game developers!

Once again, explain why people are still having issues even without texture pack? Why are people having worse textures than what they could get in far cry new dawn (even when the texture pack isn't used there)?

Associate
@Shaz12 have you got the HD Texture pack installed? if you have get rid of it...

Try disable RT as well. Not that you can't use these settings, but just try to see if it happens to help the stuttering.

Yea I had the texture pack installed. Simply disabling the texture pack gets rid of the stutter. It definitely needs at least 16GB of VRAM. Anything lower doesn’t cut it.

It’s incredible that a lowly ps5 can run HD Textures yet my 3080 Ti cannot. At this point the only benefit I have over the ps5 version is the ray tracing which is unnoticeable. So the ps5 version is looking better than my pc at the moment. Might just get it on ps5 and play there.

Soldato
I'm holding out playing this till they release a patch, i'm hoping something similar to watch dogs legion will happen and everyone will join hands and sing Kumbaya.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Once again

Yea I had the texture pack installed. Simply disabling the texture pack gets rid of the stutter. It definitely needs at least 16GB of VRAM. Anything lower doesn’t cut it.

afc 6 looks awesome and MUCH better than far cry new dawn you keep bringing up. you're just focusing on textures alone, the overall feel of fc6 is way superior compared to new dan. you act as if vram is only and only used to store textures? tons of other stuff takes up vram as well

Once again

^ :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
Once again, explain why people are still having issues even without texture pack? Why are people having worse textures than what they could get in far cry new dawn (even when the texture pack isn't used there)?

afc 6 looks awesome and MUCH better than far cry new dawn you keep bringing up. you're just focusing on textures alone, the overall feel of fc6 is way superior compared to new dan. you act as if vram is only and only used to store textures? tons of other stuff takes up vram as well

Permabanned

It’s incredible that a lowly ps5 can run HD Textures yet my 3080 Ti cannot. At this point the only benefit I have over the ps5 version is the ray tracing which is unnoticeable. So the ps5 version is looking better than my pc at the moment. Might just get it on ps5 and play there.
u should be able to get away with rt off + hd textures. if not, well, then its doom and gloom for <12 gb cards from this point forward. then again, i too can't grasp how ps5 can handle it. some said here that rt adds vram and it also not running the game at maxed settings. it also has been said that ps5 can only set 8-10 gb for vram purposes but was it just a bad assumption then? how much ram fc6 needs on pc? how much ram it uses on ps5? how can ps5 run the game with total 16 gb memory with hd textures? 2.5 gb system, lets say game uses 5 gb ram, that leaves 8.5 gb vram. dunno. im at a loss here

try tweaking them settings maybe. dunno? its up to you. but then if you lower settings too much, u will probably run into cpu bottleneckz since the game is also problematic on that front

good luck

Caporegime
u should be able to get away with rt off + hd textures. if not, well, then its doom and gloom for <12 gb cards from this point forward. then again, i too can't grasp how ps5 can handle it. some said here that rt adds vram and it also not running the game at maxed settings. it also has been said that ps5 can only set 8-10 gb for vram purposes but was it just a bad assumption then? how much ram fc6 needs on pc? how much ram it uses on ps5? how can ps5 run the game with total 16 gb memory with hd textures? 2.5 gb system, lets say game uses 5 gb ram, that leaves 8.5 gb vram. dunno. im at a loss here

try tweaking them settings maybe. dunno? its up to you. but then if you lower settings too much, u will probably run into cpu bottleneckz since the game is also problematic on that front

good luck
Yes try with HD Textures + all RT off, then do the vice versa and see if one or the other works.

I think one of them might work with a 12GB card...

Permabanned
Yes try with HD Textures + all RT off, then do the vice versa and see if one or the other works.

I think one of them might work with a 12GB card...

i wonder how much gb ps5 can store for gpu operations in this specific game. did DF share far cry 6 ps5 approximate settings ? if i had the game i'd try them... by "logic", they should even let a 10 gb card to make use of hd texture pack, without rt obviously. this might be why actually ps5/xbox versions do not employ ray tracing. maybe they couldn't let the game run like it is supposed to. lets admit: game's ray tracing is weak and ps5/xbox already proved to run tougher rt games... so its gotta be vram limitation blocking the rt implementation for this game

i realistically can't believe ps5 can get 10+ gb vram for this game. as fas as i know,i total memory it had for games is 13.5 gb. the system ram the game uses can't be less then 3.5 gb ram. i'd even say maybe it reaches 4-5 gb. maybe there's no such thing as game system ram in ps5 games. i dont even know lmao how console stuff works

Associate

Because ubisoft games are always a buggy mess for months after their release date, not really sure what you are expecting me to tell you honestly, i am not sayin the game has no problems or anything remotely close to that, all I am saying is if you dont have at least 16GBs of VRAM you shouldnt even bother with the HD texture pack, Ubisoft said you need 16Gbs of Vram to run it, its not rocket science.

Back
Top Bottom