Dune (2020) - Denis Villeneuve

Permabanned
Yes, because where the film finishes, it isn't a conclusion, it's just a pause to the next part of the story. I think if/when we get the rest of the movies, we'll see that ending in a much better context as the first part of the story, not just the ending of the first film.

True, but it still makes almost no effort to balance out the themes of the original novel at all. Or rather it makes too much of an effort to keep everything and looses the soul of it along the way.

Again, I must say that I really enjoyed it as a visual companion to the original story and I commend DV and his team for that.

Soldato
Overall I thought it looked amazing throughout, and the tech was rarely featured but when it was it wasn't in your face and worked well to give the impression you were viewing a future world without being so ott. as said above few bits suffered the Nolan issue of the score being too loud over the voice work, but this was only a few times.
so I should attend a sub-titled version , which was what fixed Tenet, can't rewind the cinema.

Soldato
No it's a way of letting people who maybe expecting an MCU-style epic space battle type sci-fi that it isn't. Any unconscious bias you have towards what I wrote is purely in your head alone.

If you didn't like the film, well I don't really care as you aren't me and it's perfectly OK to have people dislike a film I like and the other way around as my opinion shouldn't effect your view of a film in the same way I ignore your opinion of a film i.e. who cares what we each think! :)

Unconscious bias, you literally backed it up by implying that people who enjoy good story's and good acting will prefer this, it couldn't be taking any other way. You literally made out that bay-hem loving mcu fans don't like good stories or acting.
Your right people are allowed to dislike a film but you must be posting on mobile as you'd never reach the keyboard from so high up on that horse when deriding them.

Last edited:
Soldato
waffle.........

Alternatively, as an MCU-weened fan myself (Iron Man 1 is one of my favourite films) as this film is being touted as a great Sci-Fi film (which it is) the simple intention was to let people who liked one specific type of Sci-Fi (the MCU type) know what to expect prior to going into this Sci-Fi movie, preventing them from expecting the same and coming away disappointed.

Again, you can interpret anything in anyway you so wish, but it doesn't make it true.

Anyway, away from the nonsense and back to the Film :)

Soldato
Its not perfect by any means

As a Dune fan I (and others I expect?) would prefer a high budget series that shows every detail and scene of the book with lots more time
But as a film- its awesome to watch on a big screen

I really enjoyed it

Soldato
What a waste that was

Literally nothing happens in the film!! :confused:, granted i haven't read any of the books but as a movie experience its right down their low.

Nice to look at but that's it 5/10 for me

Caporegime
What a waste that was

Literally nothing happens in the film!! :confused:, granted i haven't read any of the books but as a movie experience its right down their low.

I can't imagine watching this without previous experience of the book, film and miniseries.

But I can see it being a bit what the hell is going on, kinda thing. It's really good at visually showing stuff, I mean its 1 man's interpretation of it but it seems realistic, those ornithopters could be as real as a black hawk or Apache.

The story though was deffo lacking I'd love to have seen 30 mins more on the runtime.

Soldato
What a waste that was

Ahh it's because you spent to much time enjoying other films, apparently.

Associate
What a waste that was

Yep not just me then, I loved the visuals of the movie, but the story was a little all over the place with no real charcter development or progression. I've never seen the previous film or read the books though. Perhaps it's one for people that already know about the background, 9/10 for looks 5/10 overall. Just didn't click, so I'll have to rewatch again at some point perhaps

Soldato
What a waste that was

Glad im not the only one to think this.
The cinematography and CGI were all 10/10 IMO but the movie itself was just dire. I couldnt wait for it to be over.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Mega, loved it 10/10

Didn't want it to end.

Read the books, watched all the movies & TV shows, Cracking movie experience awesome.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Wow amazing magic beans ... I bet you think the earth is flat as well.

Go and get yourself sectioned for a good 30 years or so.

Man of Honour
Wow amazing magic beans ... I bet you think the earth is flat as well.

Go and get yourself sectioned for a good 30 years or so.

If you think Dune is 10/10 and you didn't want it to end then it's you who thinks the world is flat.
Honestly get a grip, it was awful.
I work in Court of Protection, I could help you to get sectioned :)

Soldato
Has part 2 been made or in the process of being made? Dont see the point in seeing a movie where not much happens.

Also the book is overrated garbage.. fight me!!

Back
Top Bottom