Alec Baldwin fatally shoots woman with prop gun on movie set

Soldato
Associate
I'd imagine it's impossible for someone who's been in the industry as long as Alec Baldwin to not know the potential risks with prop guns. A lot doesn't add up here.

Soldato
Rumour at the moment is it actually happened in between takes. Director and DP asked him to do another take and he joked "Why don't I just shoot you both?" and fired the gun, not expecting anything to happen.

Entirely a rumour, though.

That is pretty huge if true!!!

Man of Honour
What surprises me most about this accident is how many Hollywood film producers, professional stuntpeople, firearms and ballistic training experts we have on the forum.

Before you post rubbish, have a look at a picture of a guy who got up in the morning and went to work like millions of others, then post your drivel.

kSbIe6e.jpg

Associate
What surprises me most about this accident is how many Hollywood film producers, professional stuntpeople, firearms and ballistic training experts we have on the forum.

Before you post rubbish, have a look at a picture of a guy who got up in the morning and went to work like millions of others, then post your drivel.

kSbIe6e.jpg

Not sure what you're getting so bent out of shape about. There's a lot of information missing here and I think everyone understands that.

Soldato
That is pretty huge if true!!!

Yeah, quite devastating if it is. I honestly feel terrible for everyone involved. If he was just clowning for a moment on a happy set and this is the result... man, it must be eating him alive right now. I'd assume it is regardless of how it happened.

Such a sad event.

Caporegime
Yeah, quite devastating if it is. I honestly feel terrible for everyone involved. If he was just clowning for a moment on a happy set and this is the result... man, it must be eating him alive right now. I'd assume it is regardless of how it happened.

Such a sad event.

One that will likely claim more lives.

Permabanned
Can't imagine what he'll be feeling. Guilt, rage, sadness. Probably just numb right now with all those others to follow.

I'd be feeling I am glad I have my solicitor on speed dial... A tragic accident, but given the luvvies and their fans propensity for drama on and off stage, no doubt this will run and run until the next "happening".

Soldato
Rumour at the moment is it actually happened in between takes. Director and DP asked him to do another take and he joked "Why don't I just shoot you both?" and fired the gun, not expecting anything to happen.

Entirely a rumour, though.

Sounds like the nonsense someone posts for fun on facebook then suddenly becomes 'fact'

Man of Honour
why don't have have a gun expert on set who takes the gun off these people as soon as they yell "cut" and ensures it's never loaded and is clean.

seems like they just put guns in the hand of random people without educating them on the dangers and safety precautions that must be ensured to keep the cast safe, and it's been going on since decades.

Usually they do - at least the behind the scenes stuff from the likes of Adam Savage any functional firearm is normally handled with a high level of control these days.

Soldato
damn.

afaik there are different "levels" of blank firers, depending on the scene they can be made for different levels of flash/safety distance (eg for firing outside at someone far off/not in shot or for firing inside etc), wonder if maybe they'd mixed up?

With the amount of movies with guns in them firing literally tens of thousands of rounds of blanks it's surprising incidents like this don't happen more frequently than they do. This article claims 43 deaths and 150 life altering injuries since 1990.

i'd guess these days a lot of the guns you see are gonna be airsoft guns or non-firing models with things like muzzle flash etc edited in afterwards. i'd guess it's only ever the "main" actors are gonna get their hands on actual blank firers.

Caporegime
i read about 20 and they were all offering 'support' and sympathy apart from one. :confused: how far down to you have to go to reach the 'dumpster fire' replies, which i assume are those that are blaming him.

Twitter seems to have changed the replies its floating to the top. When I looked before posting, the top replies were all the vilest ****, now they're not.

Caporegime

kSbIe6e.jpg
This is what gets me about Overclockers. Whenever something happens, everyone becomes an expert. It’s the same with plane crashes. Suddenly everyone’s an NTSB member.

Back
Top Bottom