Greta Thunberg

Soldato
Who told you that the "storage or backup supply" is not nuclear? :D

Nuclear isn't storage for renewables, it also isn't really a "backup supply" as it's not something you can quickly bring back online; rather Nuclear would be your primary source with renewables supplementing it.

As said though, if you can store the energy produced by renewables (wind, solar, geo etc as you've mentioned) then it's possible that it could become the primary power generating source but, you're ****** without storage.
We will get there but it's a case of when.....

Or use a very long pole. Then we can have solar in the thermosphere, above all the clouds.

I think the satellite out of (James Bond) Die Another Day and a PS10-esque installation; power generation and a weapon all in one :cool:

Soldato
Maybe Mr Macron will troll Boris at the COP & wear his we've gone nuclear T shirt, and Boris can wear his look at the Aussie deal one mask

so, over past months, seems we have a tenth/eighth of Frances nuclear capacity(top), wind peaking in the ~10GW, not so dissimilar to theirs,
and, thus, using 15GW gas versus 4GW for them.

51591874116_2464863094_o_d.jpg
when the wind blows - or not, nice irony.

Caporegime
Nuclear isn't storage for renewables, it also isn't really a "backup supply" as it's not something you can quickly bring back online; rather Nuclear would be your primary source with renewables supplementing it.

As said though, if you can store the energy produced by renewables (wind, solar, geo etc as you've mentioned) then it's possible that it could become the primary power generating source but, you're ****** without storage.
We will get there but it's a case of when.....

I think the satellite out of (James Bond) Die Another Day and a PS10-esque installation; power generation and a weapon all in one :cool:

But if you can store power wouldn't you be better of storing your excess nuclear?

Caporegime
Maybe Mr Macron will troll Boris at the COP & wear his we've gone nuclear T shirt, and Boris can wear his look at the Aussie deal one mask

And what will merkal/zee Germans say to this pulicity stunt given they've given up thier Nuclear and gone back to coal?

It feel targeted but not at the group you intended

Associate

I think if anyone is going to troll COP it will be Scott Morrison (Australia's Prime Minister) they have form in sabotaging COP, Juice Media have a lot load of videos about their rather poor response to climate change. I would link to some but they are rather NSFW and break forum rules.

Back
Top Bottom