New World MMO

Associate
Yep, so glad I avoided this on day 1. Game has become a joke with html scripting and appears to have detioriated rather than improved since launch. Apologies to those players who are genuinely still enjoying the game though.

Caporegime
Yep, so glad I avoided this on day 1. Game has become a joke with html scripting and appears to have detioriated rather than improved since launch. Apologies to those players who are genuinely still enjoying the game though.
I seriously keep wondering if the whole new world dev team are recent school leavers that never worked on a game or any real project before

it's the only thing that makes sense considering how little they achieved. the game was announced in 2016 right? so must have had a full 3-4 year dev time?
but it's basically a tech demo still with no real content.

it's a Sandbox with no sand right? that's how it feels to me.

is this really the best idea they had for an MMO, Korean grind fest pay2win milker devs release better games and they aren't even trying to make a good game :cry:

V F

V F

Soldato
I seriously keep wondering if the whole new world dev team are recent school leavers that never worked on a game or any real project before

it's the only thing that makes sense considering how little they achieved. the game was announced in 2016 right? so must have had a full 3-4 year dev time?
but it's basically a tech demo still with no real content.

it's a Sandbox with no sand right? that's how it feels to me.

is this really the best idea they had for an MMO, Korean grind fest pay2win milker devs release better games and they aren't even trying to make a good game :cry:

Was it? I don't remember that.

Soldato
Was it? I don't remember that.

Yeah, it was announced back in 2016 at the Twitch Convention. And IIRC it was originally showcased as a completely open world sand box survival game where you were dumped on a beach and left to explore, survive and fend for yourself. But the usual band of overly loud SJW types shouted about it being evil and nasty because, if you squinted at it from a distance without your glasses on, it sort of resembled Spain's raping and pillaging of the New World. So they gave in to the minority view and changed it to the current joke of a game.

Soldato
Steam player numbers have dropped from 900k to 300k in 3 weeks. I doubt few are max level yet so it seems most have just given up playing
think its around 10% have hit max level, 25% have made 50 all the way down to 95% having hit level 10. Twitch viewership has dropped off a cliff compared to the 1st few weeks too. All in all its not looking great for the long term tbh, just have to hope amazon have some really good content patches about to drop. The greater the number of good mmo's they are the better for us that love the genre.

V F

V F

Soldato
think its around 10% have hit max level, 25% have made 50 all the way down to 95% having hit level 10. Twitch viewership has dropped off a cliff compared to the 1st few weeks too. All in all its not looking great for the long term tbh, just have to hope amazon have some really good content patches about to drop. The greater the number of good mmo's they are the better for us that love the genre.

The honeymoon ended then?

Associate
The problem they have is that this game needs a roadmap now and because of their incompetence they are too busy giving us 2 bugs for every one they remedy... They will be battling bugs long after the lights have gone off.

Caporegime
Game is dead.

Like most games that release and do so well initially, they simply miss the window to keep the player base there. These kind of games, you need to capitalise on straight away, not months later when the game is dead and player base have moved onto something else.

Associate
Game is dead.

Like most games that release and do so well initially, they simply miss the window to keep the player base there. These kind of games, you need to capitalise on straight away, not months later when the game is dead and player base have moved onto something else.

It's not dead, I am currently sat in a queue of over 1500 to get in, AGS need to let people know of their plans though and quick.

ESO similarly was poor and lacking at first but found it's feet eventually, though that didn't have crippling bugs.

Associate
lol game is far from dead, I'm currently sat doing pvp and missions with a group of 20 other people, doing missions, doing portal runs, doing trade skills etc, Twitch viewers always drop after a couple of weeks for any new game, the need it now crew need their new fix, the streamers have to get something fresh to play to keep the viewers thus keeping the money rolling in.
Yes the game has issues but hundreds of hours so far for 40$, not going to complain especially when I haven't had one game breaking bug yet. If anything I could have said it needed another 6 months of polishing off before launch but we are where we are.

Soldato
lol game is far from dead, I'm currently sat doing pvp and missions with a group of 20 other people, doing missions, doing portal runs, doing trade skills etc, Twitch viewers always drop after a couple of weeks for any new game, the need it now crew need their new fix, the streamers have to get something fresh to play to keep the viewers thus keeping the money rolling in.
Yes the game has issues but hundreds of hours so far for 40$, not going to complain especially when I haven't had one game breaking bug yet. If anything I could have said it needed another 6 months of polishing off before launch but we are where we are.
Yea i started playing again and the server is still very busy with lots going on .

It’s a great game and don’t understand peoples moaning here

Back
Top Bottom