Nice pongs and gorgeous whiffs. The Aftershave thread!

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Red tobacco is horrid stuff! :cry:

Nior Ambre, Pulse of the Night, Polaris, Spicebomb Extreme and Valentino Uomo Extreme are some of my go to cold weather fragrances. :)

Soldato
Red tobacco is horrid stuff! :cry:

Nior Ambre, Pulse of the Night, Polaris, Spicebomb Extreme and Valentino Uomo Extreme are some of my go to cold weather fragrances. :)
Horses for courses and all that. I like it. Esp the dry down.

you seem to like issey, you should give Or Encens a go. Can be had cheap ! (Incense, leather and rose)

Associate
Just purchased Diorama and Chanel Le Lion for the wife who is a collector and perfume addict, both exceptional autumn / winter fragrances with great longevity and projection.

Le Lion is along the lines of Chanel Coromandel and Sycamore and excellent whereas Diorama has a warm purple flowery smell that's a little sweet but again an excellent perfume.

hux

hux

Soldato
Got an interesting one the other day.

Al Haramain - Red Signature
Tried changing it, as online it said for women, but no luck.
Sprayed it on and thought damn, this smells like really good.
It's got a lovely sweet bergamot scent.

Soldato
I'm not really any good when it comes to this sort of stuff. However, I'm am after something I can use regularly. Nothing too lairy, just something nice, masculine, understated yet pleasant.
In the past I've been a big fan of Davidoff Adventure with that fresh outdoorsy woody/spicy sort of vibe. I'd happily buy some more but just wondering if there is anything else out there with similar sort of profile that I should have a try of. I'm not interested in anything too sweet or fruity. Its a bit of a minefield,and I really dont have any interest or time in going into a store and trying every single fragrance until I find something that suits. I'm just after some pointers or a short list to go in and have a whiff of.:)

Associate
I'm not really any good when it comes to this sort of stuff. However, I'm am after something I can use regularly. Nothing too lairy, just something nice, masculine, understated yet pleasant.
In the past I've been a big fan of Davidoff Adventure with that fresh outdoorsy woody/spicy sort of vibe. I'd happily buy some more but just wondering if there is anything else out there with similar sort of profile that I should have a try of. I'm not interested in anything too sweet or fruity. Its a bit of a minefield,and I really dont have any interest or time in going into a store and trying every single fragrance until I find something that suits. I'm just after some pointers or a short list to go in and have a whiff of.:)

Mont Blanc Legend Spirit is a good every day frag however, more of a spring/summer frag as its due to the acqua notes in it.

My winter go-to is Mugler A*Man Pure Havane. It's a lovely warm, cherry tobacco frag - always a compliment getter and wear it daily in the office. Sticks true to the name Havane with the whiff of fine cuban cigars in the body of it - lovely stuff. (I don't smoke either - hate the smell of smoke)

Soldato
Like you said it’s an absolute minefield, and even recommendations are a minefield too. (I would hate to recommend you something and you end up hating it :p ) rule of thumb, is never buy blind on recommendations. As what somebody loves, you may hate.

my everyday go to is probably molecule 01… but some people can’t even smell it on themselves even though it’s a strong fragrance. :) I put it on when I can’t decide what else to wear.

I mean, you could go for sauvage edt/edp/parfum … or maybe try the new elixir (reminiscent of an 80’s powerhouse updated for the modern audience. Which at the moment is getting high praise. Again, you may not like it so don’t buy it blind. -edit- ah yeah sorry you said nothing too lairy/loud.

Associate
Like you said it’s an absolute minefield, and even recommendations are a minefield too. (I would hate to recommend you something and you end up hating it :p ) rule of thumb, is never buy blind on recommendations. As what somebody loves, you may hate.

my everyday go to is probably molecule 01… but some people can’t even smell it on themselves even though it’s a strong fragrance. :) I put it on when I can’t decide what else to wear.

I mean, you could go for sauvage edt/edp/parfum … or maybe try the new elixir (reminiscent of an 80’s powerhouse updated for the modern audience. Which at the moment is getting high praise. Again, you may not like it so don’t buy it blind. -edit- ah yeah sorry you said nothing too lairy/loud.

I've tried Elixer on my skin and it is incredible however, I am finding it hard to justify £112 for a 60ml bottle of a designer frag that isn't artisan level quality despite how good the juice is. I certainly wouldn't be wearing it every day - special occasion/evening only sort of thing.

Soldato
I've tried Elixer on my skin and it is incredible however, I am finding it hard to justify £112 for a 60ml bottle of a designer frag that isn't artisan level quality despite how good the juice is. I certainly wouldn't be wearing it every day - special occasion/evening only sort of thing.
It’s not expensive when you only literally need 1 and a half sprays. It’ll last you ages. :p yeah it’s not exactly niche.. (I have loads of niche stuff) but it’s high quality, and garners lots of positive compliments. - edit, escentual have it for £95 and often do 20% off everything too.

my favourite winter frags are Naxos , and Z&V this is Him! at the moment. I also really like 40 knots, which is fantastic to wear in the cold

Associate
It’s not expensive when you only literally need 1 and a half sprays. It’ll last you ages. :p yeah it’s not exactly niche.. (I have loads of niche stuff) but it’s high quality, and garners lots of positive compliments. - edit, escentual have it for £95 and often do 20% off everything too.

my favourite winter frags are Naxos , and Z&V this is Him! at the moment. I also really like 40 knots, which is fantastic to wear in the cold

Ooohh I'll keep an eye out on escentual for any sale! Thanks for the heads up.

Will look into those other winter frags too as sometimes Havane doesn't tickle my fancy.

Soldato
Ooohh I'll keep an eye out on escentual for any sale! Thanks for the heads up.

Will look into those other winter frags too as sometimes Havane doesn't tickle my fancy.
No worries ! Escentual is good when they do their 20% :) notino is also usually great prices (they don’t ship to me unfortunately though) also, another good site is allbeauty, they often have good prices. And have started stocking more niche stuff like xerjoff and amouage etc.

Edit - for anyone looking to blind buy, always read through frgrantica and basenotes reviews first. Usually gives a fair indication of what you’re ordering. Alternatively grab samples from fragrancesamplesuk!

edit2 - gotta give a shout out to Seescents too, I’ve ordered 4-5 things from them. Great service each time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom