New Star Trek series - 2017

Man of Honour
So we have to wait until yet another streaming "service" is launched in the UK ? . If I have to dig my eye patch out of the loft there's not much point in paying for my existing services...
It's going that way isn't it. Piracy was massively reduced when streaming services arrived because it gave people what they want. But if we all have to sign up to 20 different services then people will just go back to jolly rogering.

Man of Honour
It's sad that there's people who want to pay, actually want to, but don't have the option. If the options are waiting a year or whatever and getting it all spoiled, or just acquiring it, it's obvious what they will do.

These streaming companies need to wake up.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Sets a poor president. I dislike these fickle streaming services, I'd sooner a steam like platform where I can buy and download content I want and keep it indefinitely.

The series will be irrelevant in 12 months time, they will be marketing something else. Nobody is going to wait, there's only one way people are going to watch it if they want to.

Soldato
It's going that way isn't it. Piracy was massively reduced when streaming services arrived because it gave people what they want. But if we all have to sign up to 20 different services then people will just go back to jolly rogering.

Fragmentation of the market. it was always heading this way and it'll do more damage than good.

As for Paramount, well, it's a massive own-goal. IF they wanted to completely screw the viewing figures for season 4, they couldnt have done a better job of it. Announcing the withdrawal from international markets until paramount+ is available days before it's due to air in those markets is a masterstroke if their intention was to burn Discovery to the ground.

Last edited:
Associate
bearing in mind that paramount+ is only going to be released in few countries outside of the usa in mid 2022 with more countries to be released though out that year. so for the uk you looking at march at the earliest. real bonehead, greedy move to remove from Netflix few days before releasing it.

Soldato
Paramount taking the show off Netflix including all previous seasons really is a big mistake.

They would have been better letting it continue on Netflix for this season. Then when Paramount+ is ready to launch have Strange New Worlds or Picard season 2 as your major push for subs. no one will wait to watch S4.it will be heavily pirated due mainly to people not wanting it spoiled.

Caporegime
Well I know what I'll be doing. And I haven't done it in ages.
Going to have to catch up!

I'm guessing CBS wanted more than what netflix would pay. But netflix funded the initial version I believe.

Star trek discovery is maybe worth watching. Its absolutely not worth paying a new streaming service for

Soldato
Well I know what I'll be doing. And I haven't done it in ages.
Going to have to catch up!

I'm guessing CBS wanted more than what netflix would pay. But netflix funded the initial version I believe.

Star trek discovery is maybe worth watching. Its absolutely not worth paying a new streaming service for
Paramount are launching their streaming service internationally sometime next year and wanted the show for themselves. So it was taken off Netflix this week including all previous series.

Netflix only had international rights. They didn't fund the show directly.

Back
Top Bottom